Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Evander Kane or Sean Monahan

Banned

Default Re: Evander Kane or Sean Monahan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Again, if you truly feel that Monahan is better, you'd be just as stupid as Kane if you trade him for Monahan straight up. I can't argue with anyone banking on potential. Monahan has potential to be better than Kane, but you don't win leagues this year by trading players who are good now straight up for players who will be better in three years. Now, if in addition to Monahan you get some decent draft picks, prospects, or other roster players, then the deal is something to consider.
    I never said that I would trade Kane for Monahan straight up...
    I was simply agreeing with Axeman's assessment, which is why I included his post with mine.
    It is also why I said that it will take a few years to come to fruition...
    Kane is so overrated it makes my head spin, not to mention his inability to stay healthy...
    He is definitely a guy that I would be looking to sell if I owned him.
    People still think he is going to be star.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I never said that I would trade Kane for Monahan straight up...
    I was simply agreeing with Axeman's assessment, which is why I included his post with mine.
    It is also why I said that it will take a few years to come to fruition...
    Kane is so overrated it makes my head spin, not to mention his inability to stay healthy...
    He is definitely a guy that I would be looking to sell if I owned him.
    People still think he is going to be star.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but it is out of context based on the OP's question. He is debating between keeping Kane or Monahan with his last keeper spot. My argument would be that you keep Kane. If you want Monahan, you either re-draft him or, if he gets drafted by someone else, trade Kane to the Monahan owner for Monahan++.

We aren't talking about potential down the road or who will be the better player. RIGHT NOW, if you have to choose between the two, you would be unwise to take Monahan.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports All-Star

I like Monahan better down the road and think he's got a good chance to make a bigger impact for his team than Evander Kane since I find him totally over-rated. However, if you looking at just locking down the last keeper spot, then you have to take Kane over Monahan just from a value position alone. Depending on the amount of keepers for each team, Monahan might not be kept by the other team and could be redrafted or acquired by trade at a later date. In a limited keeper, most rookies not named Mackinnon should be relatively assessible in one form or another. I like Monahan better than Kane but we're comparing apples to oranges here and SeaDawg is correct. No point holding Monahan for couple years to see if he develops into Kane, when you need that last roster spot to produce points for you right away.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion