Thread: Brodin or Brendan Smith

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Brodin or Brendan Smith

What are the chances of either of these guys putting up 40+ points in the next 2 years after this one?
    Keeper League , points only, drop 5 at seasons end
    G- f.andersen, hellybuyck
    F- huberdeau, Malkin, guentzel, rust, dach, caufield, tarasenko, Thompson, necas, p. Kane, barzal, scheifele

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Brodin or Brendan Smith

Smith, I feel has the better offensive skill set to reach that mark. Brodin is more of a shut-down guy. Smith has the better chance to reach that goal. I'm a believer in him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd take the chance on Smith over Brodin.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree with the others, Smith is likely the better option, but it's far from a no brainer. I would be surprised if either of these guys hits 40 next year. After that, if Smith continues to develop and is given the opportunity, then he could push 40 or slightly better but he needs to work hard and improve if that is going to happen. Brodin has demonstrated that he can play big and tough minutes and it's unlikely that role changes so his fantasy worth is considerably less than what he actually brings to the Wild's back end. So from a purely offensive perspective, Smith has the edge in opportunity and a slight edge in skill set.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Master

I think neither of them will reach 40 in the next two years but I'd actually bet on Brodin here. He will get to 40 pts the same way Ryan McDonagh did. Decent but not flashy skill. Lots and lots and lots of minutes. Steady play. Smith is more boom or bust but with the way they are rotating that back end offense in Detroit (Kindl, DeKeyser, Smith) I'll roll with the guy who worked his way to the top of the depth chart with ridiculous steady play for his age. I'd bet on Brodin.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Neither of these guys excite me anymore. In Minnesota's system, I don't see any defensemen really stepping up offensively with Suter in town. Plus you have to keep an eye on Matt Dumba next season if he's fully ready to make an impact. With Smith, it again comes down to the system he's in and what Babcock does with him. Both are "blahhh" to me.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    Neither of these guys excite me anymore. In Minnesota's system, I don't see any defensemen really stepping up offensively with Suter in town. Plus you have to keep an eye on Matt Dumba next season if he's fully ready to make an impact. With Smith, it again comes down to the system he's in and what Babcock does with him. Both are "blahhh" to me.
    i would have to agree from a fantasy standpoint... "blahhh"
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs