Thread: Barrie

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Barrie

Roy was playing him alongside landeskog and MacKinnon. Did anyone watch that game? Did he play well? Do you see him having the potential to play forward in the future?
    DobberHockey Injury Report Columnist

Points only keeper league. 9F 6D 1G + 5 Bench & 9 Farm. $109M cap.
    Drop 5 at the end of the year from Main team only.
    10 Teams.

F: Crosby Kane McDavid Hall Draisaitl MacKinnon Duchene Backstrom Hornqvist Sprong Perron

D: Letang Green Klingberg Rielly Faulk Bowey Phaneuf Campbell Schultz

G: Holtby

Farm: RNH E.Lindholm Vrbata Fabbri Morrissey Pouliot Murray Vasilevskiy Fleury

I...am your father.

Default Re: Barrie

This is huge. I had no idea! Curious to see what people have to say, who saw the game

My instinct says not to like it - Barrie is a great potential QB. But maybe this says that Elliott is turning his game back around and that Roy likes Holden and EJ
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Personally I thought you might've seen it so I was frantically waiting for the ramblings to find out what you thought of it. The commentators were praising him along the lines of "If he wants to remain an NHL defenceman, he better stop this", but they were Colorado homers so I take it with a grain if salt.
    DobberHockey Injury Report Columnist

Points only keeper league. 9F 6D 1G + 5 Bench & 9 Farm. $109M cap.
    Drop 5 at the end of the year from Main team only.
    10 Teams.

F: Crosby Kane McDavid Hall Draisaitl MacKinnon Duchene Backstrom Hornqvist Sprong Perron

D: Letang Green Klingberg Rielly Faulk Bowey Phaneuf Campbell Schultz

G: Holtby

Farm: RNH E.Lindholm Vrbata Fabbri Morrissey Pouliot Murray Vasilevskiy Fleury

I...am your father.

I look more closely at these things when it's my day for ramblings, but Laidlaw has them today. I completely missed this news
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

I think the Avs had a late scratch they were caught a bit unaware of - either they thought Stastny or John Mitchell could play but they couldn't - and so the Barrie as forward move was just a filling roster spots decision.

I seem to recall seeing something like that on twitter before the game.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I think the Avs had a late scratch they were caught a bit unaware of - either they thought Stastny or John Mitchell could play but they couldn't - and so the Barrie as forward move was just a filling roster spots decision.

I seem to recall seeing something like that on twitter before the game.
    Interesting...

But to me, Barrie was playing rather well on D, so it seems odd that he be chosen to play up front (though with his offensive skill, I could see a reason to do so).

I don<t think Elliott has turned the corner in Lake Erie. Not sure he will end up being an NHLer or that he will have the impact we would like to see. He could be Ryan Ellis 2.0. Lots of junior skill and PP skill, but doesn't have what it takes to hold a regular shift on D. Then again, Mark Streit went through this and worked out the kinks, so it's not impossible. Just don't think we're there yet with Stefan Elliott. Barrie and EJ are gonna be the go-to guys, IMO.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

I think it's much ado about nothing. Team just needed someone to play up front with some injuries. His game is still uneven defensively but it's improving. Roy is doing a great job with this no-name group. This has nothing to do with Elliott either. Just plugging a short term hole.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

For today:

Rick Sadowski ‏@RickS7 21m
    Paul Stastny in Avs lineup tonite vs Bruins; John Mitchell (back) out; D Tyson Barrie at RW w Cody McLeod & Max Talbot #ColoradoAvalanche

Dobber Sports Veteran

With the new leadership in Colorado, I have no idea what their plan is as far as developing defencemen goes. Maybe they will go against the norm and give more journeymen a chance to contribute and not give "golden boy" prospects the same treatment most organizations do. For that reason, I'm tempering my expectations for Barrie.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year