Thread: Choose a D for the rest of the season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Choose a D for the rest of the season.

Cats are G/A/PPP/+-/PIM/SOG/HIT/BLK

My choices:
    - Lindholm (Top PP guy after Fowler out)
    - T.Barrie (Been really good since olympic break)
    - Vlassic
    - Carle
    - Demers
    - Josi
    - Enstrom/Bogosian

Thanks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Choose a D for the rest of the season.

One D only? Probably Lindholm. Good situation now with Fowler out, although the Ducks PP has been abysmal, statistically it's got to correct itself.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    One D only? Probably Lindholm. Good situation now with Fowler out, although the Ducks PP has been abysmal, statistically it's got to correct itself.
    Statistically, it may not correct itself in this short remainder of the season! Regression is real, but not the law of averages.

That said, Anaheim's got a nice schedule the rest of the way and I like Lindholm too. I don't think it's close.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by v105memorial View Post
    Statistically, it may not correct itself in this short remainder of the season! Regression is real, but not the law of averages.
    I'm sorry, but the law of averages doesn't exist? Regression occurs towards the mean. The mean is the mathimatical average. If you believe regression is real, you must believe in the law of averages.

I digress...

I like the Lindholm option. He's increased his point per game average in every quarter:

Q1 - 20 GP - 6 PTS - 0.30 PTS/GP
    Q2 - 19 GP - 7 PTS - 0.37 PTS/GP
    Q3 - 18 GP - 8 PTS - 0.44 PTS/GP
    Q4 - 9 GP - 5 PTS - 0.56 PTS/GP

And now with Fowler injured someone will need to compensate for a defenseman who averages 3:12 PP mins per game, the Ducks highest amongst defensemen and 3rd overall behind only Perry and Getzlaf.

The Ducks are currently 16% on PP, but have been nothing shy of pathetic in the past 14 games going 2-for-47, which works out to 4.26% on PP. When you consider that the Ducks should regress to the mean, then there is hope that they will start scoring more PP goals and with his increased time there, hopefully Lindholm can be the catalyst.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I teach AP Statistics in high school so I will tell you that there is a subtle difference. My point is that the remainder of the season is too small of a sample to count on a regression toward the mean.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't follow the Ducks as close as maybe others here, but I like Barrie here. I'm not convinced Lindholm secures the #1 D spot with Fowler out when Sbisa and Beauchemin can fill in as well.

Barrie is on Colorado's second PP unit, with Stastny, MacKinnon and Landeskog! And he has ~20 points since the beginning of January in this role.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto