Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mackinnon: What would YOU give up?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Question Mackinnon: What would YOU give up?

There have been many threads on here of trades for Mackinnon (giving up different players), so I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss what would be our "top offer" for Mackinnon.

So, at this point, what would be the most you would be willing to give up for Mackinnon in a keeper? Seguin? Hall? Perry? etc.

Looking forward to the discussion of where you draw the line.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Mackinnon: What would YOU give up?

I want him badly.

I wouldnt trade Tavares for him. He's pretty much equal in value to Seguin for me. Maybe more valuable since in our cap league he's only .9 million for the next two seasons. Seguin on the other hand is on one of THE amazing value, long term contracts in the NHL. So at this point it would actually look ******ed to give up Seguin for Mackinnon. But I'm so high on Mack I almost want to.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Master

This offer I made for MacKinnon was turned down a couple weeks ago. Backstrom (WAS), Coyle, Quick and a 2nd rounder. It was as much as I was comfortable offering. Goal scorers get a bonus in our league, which also includes shots. I also have four goalies, but can only count two. Quick, Schneider, Hiller and Markstrom. I was comfortable going forward with Hiller and Schneider.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't give up my Malkin, Tavares, P. Kane or Benn. Benn is debatable but I feel that he has as much upside as McKinnon (am I delusional - I am a huge Benn fan) and I like his situation in Dallas.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd give up any skater that isn't a young PPG player. The only forwards I wouldn't give up for him right now on my roster would be Duchene and Kessel.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    There have been many threads on here of trades for Mackinnon (giving up different players), so I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss what would be our "top offer" for Mackinnon.

So, at this point, what would be the most you would be willing to give up for Mackinnon in a keeper? Seguin? Hall? Perry? etc.

Looking forward to the discussion of where you draw the line.
    Assuming this is a keeper league - 3 years or more, it's an interesting question. Also assuming I am out of contention right now, this year, so I am trading for next year and beyond.
    And finally, asuming points only...

As a guide I will use the Dobber top 300 player list
    http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...op-300-players

There are none in the top 10 I would trade straight up.

Of the next 5 - Corey Perry, Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin, Anze Kopitar, and Jonathan Toews - I would consider all of them, but probably not pull the trigger on any without some other consideration thrown in.

From 16-20, I would trade any of them. The toughest would be Benn, but I would pull the trigger anyways

And finally, Duchene and Karlsson. I would consider Duchene, and for me it would come down to the gambler in me, hoping Mackinnon progresses faster.

If position matters, then Karlsson is a top 3 player in the list and I wouldn't move him for anyone save Crosby / Ovechkin.. If it doesnt matter then...then it would depend on the depth of the league....but mostly likely no still.
    12 Team Keeper league (keep all)

C - Giroux, Seguin, Marchessault, Fabbri, E. Staal
    W - P. Kane, Kucherov, D.Sedin, Radulov, Vanek
    D - Brodi, Klingberg, Hedman, Dumba, M. Green
    G - Dubnyk, J. Allen
    Farm - Werenski, D. Strome, Dubois,
    Bench - Ladd, Parenteau,

Dobber Sports Ace

In my points-only league, I would offer any guy I've got right now other than Tavares and Stamkos. I'd have to think hard about trading Karlsson. His production on the blueline is huge. So the list of guys would include Kopitar, St Louis, Ryan.

I own McKinnon in bit more multi-cat pool (g,a, pts, +/-, pims)...and as a second-year expansion team, I pretty much consider him untouchable. Just no point moving him when I won't be competitive for 3,4years anyways. May as well see what he ends up being like.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In typical pools... I'd value Mackinnon very close to Taylor Hall, Phil Kessel, and Tyler Seguin.
    If I'm anywhere near a rebuild, obviously Mackinnon. If I'm ready to win next year... the other guys.

I'd value Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin/Stamkos/Tavares/Giroux... and probably Pat Kane... all higher than Mackinnon.

Dobber Sports Monster

If I wasn't a contender, I would offer Staal and Suter and a pick or something. I wouldn't go any higher than that as I'm not gonna go crazy to get him - and if that's not enough the fine. The question wasn't what it would take, but what your best offer would be. Some have suggested/though about offering up Giroux or more for MacKinnon, which to me is preposterous.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    In typical pools... I'd value Mackinnon very close to Taylor Hall, Phil Kessel, and Tyler Seguin.
    If I'm anywhere near a rebuild, obviously Mackinnon. If I'm ready to win next year... the other guys.

I'd value Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin/Stamkos/Tavares/Giroux... and probably Pat Kane... all higher than Mackinnon.
    I hear you but it's not like Hall, Kessel and Seguin are pushing 30. They all have at least 6-7 years of prime production, which is eternity in pools.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

early to mid season, I received and accepted an offer of p kane + for mackinnon
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    This offer I made for MacKinnon was turned down a couple weeks ago. Backstrom (WAS), Coyle, Quick and a 2nd rounder. It was as much as I was comfortable offering.
    Holy crap, thats quite an offer. You offered all that for MacKinnon and they turned it down????
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I've offered both Giroux and Kessel (separate offers, not a 2 for 1) for Mackinon and a small +, where I would have been ready to concede the + and make the deal straight up, and was instantly turned down on both. Having said that, I'm a huge Colorado fan and already have Duchene and Varly so I wanted Mack badly and personally thought I was overpaying by making those offers, the Mack owner had a different take on it, obviously.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well, here is what i gave up to acquire him 10 months ago.

I gave up the 3rd overall pick 2013 (which ended up being Nichushkin), the 12th overall pick 2013 (ended up being Bo Horvat) and the 12th - 14th overall selection 2014 ( yet to be determined) - I got the first overall selection (MacKinnon) and John Gibson.

a week later i traded Lupul, Bickell, Setoguchi, a 2nd round pick (Tyson Barrie) + another 2nd round pick in 2014 (yet to be determined) for the 2nd overall selection (Jonathan Drouin) and a 3rd round pick (ended up being Frederik Andersen)

Looking back at this still makes me smile.

It would take one hell of an offer to pry MacKinnon away from me, and i think the guys in my league know that, because i still havenīt gotten a single offer for him
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was able to get him real cheap this year. Traded Wheeler and Shattenkirk for MacKinnon and Voynov. It will take a very significant offer to get me to consider trading him. P. Kane and Mac are my players I will be building around.