Thread: Sketchy Keeper League

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Sketchy Keeper League

I am in a keeper league that started last year. The cost is $65 a year and we put an extra $40 in for the following year so that we can trade draft picks.

The league was a disaster. The commissioner and his buddies were arguing and calling collusion on every trade that wasn't made by them. I quickly lost interest in the league as it was nothing more than a bunch of people I don't know fighting over trades.

Up until a few weeks ago no one heard from the commissioner and I figured he ran with the money. So I joined another league.
    Now he is back telling everyone to pay or else. I posted on our ESPN site that I thought we should be allowed to opt out and get a refund because the league is a disaster. A few other people have questioned things as well and now 5 of us are kicked out of the league and buddy is just going to keep the money I guess.....saying he said "No Refunds Allowed".

The money is in League Safe and I have contacted them about it.

It's not really about the $40 but more of the principle of the matter and I don't think people should be able to get away with this. It seems like stealing in my opinion.

Does anyone else have any ideas on what I should do or am I just screwed and lose out?

Thanks
    14 Team Yahoo H2H Dynasty - Salary Cap

(G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (GWG) (PPP) (SOG) (HIT)
    (SHP) (BS)

(GA) (W) (SV) (SO) (SA)

Forwards:
    Center - J. Tavares, T. Seguin, E. Kuznetsov, M. Scheifele, V. Rask
    Left Wing - B. Dubinsky, J. Schwartz
    Right Wing - V. Tarasenko, N. Ehlers, C. Coyle
    Defence:
    S. Weber, D. Keith, M. Stone, M. Dumba
    Goalies:
    H. Lunqvist, J. Allen, B. Elliott

I...am your father.

Default Re: Sketchy Keeper League

He definitely has another perspective, probably painting himself more innocent.

That being said, when you left to join another league - that is when you should have gone to him and league-safe to get your money back. Instead, you figured (probably rightfully) your money is gone. Now that the commish is back and he says your money is gone, you take that as the door to getting your money back opening a crack. You should ask him for your money back, and appeal to his sense of morality. But if he doesn't do it, I think you're sunk.

When you quit a league, even for great reasons like these, make the effort for a refund as soon as the decision is made. Then later, if the commish "pops up" again, you are within your rights to insist. And can take action if you are rebuffed. Just my two cents
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the response. What you say is what I was thinking.

While the commish was AWOL the members were all posting on ESPN asking where he was and we all wanted our money back. I guess people were emailing him (some threatening I think) telling him to give us our money back. Then he magically shows up again saying he was in the hospital for a month with not internet. That's when he started kicking people out who questioned him and was pissed off at him.

I just said calmly that the right thing to do here was let everyone decide if they want a refund and fill the spots for the people who wanted out. I was given the response "You are now booted. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out."

Like I said the money isn't the issue. I kind of wrote that $40 off anyways. It's just the fact that there is nothing we can do about people like this running leagues
    14 Team Yahoo H2H Dynasty - Salary Cap

(G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (GWG) (PPP) (SOG) (HIT)
    (SHP) (BS)

(GA) (W) (SV) (SO) (SA)

Forwards:
    Center - J. Tavares, T. Seguin, E. Kuznetsov, M. Scheifele, V. Rask
    Left Wing - B. Dubinsky, J. Schwartz
    Right Wing - V. Tarasenko, N. Ehlers, C. Coyle
    Defence:
    S. Weber, D. Keith, M. Stone, M. Dumba
    Goalies:
    H. Lunqvist, J. Allen, B. Elliott

I...am your father.

Sounds like a reasonable guy

I hope he reads this thread and sees how ridiculous he is
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

After trying to deal with it reasonably and getting smart ass responses, I think you should tell him you have a friend who works for OPP or whereever your from etc and tell him what he is doing is against the law and that you don't want to have to send the police his way....(his IP address etc)
    likely he lives in his parents basement and won't want his folks knowing!
    worth a try anyway.
    what a douchebag!
    good luck
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin