18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Voracek

11 61.11%
  • Huberdeau

7 38.89%

Thread: Voracek or Huberdeau

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Voracek or Huberdeau

Who would you bank on for the next 3 years? What kind of numbers do you think they'll put up?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Voracek or Huberdeau

Voracek has 49 points in 68 games this yr, but the first 16ish games the whole team did terrible right. So let’s say Voracek had 8 points (that’s a high estimate too) in those 16 games, so 41 points in 52 games. That would translate to 65 points in an 82 game season. With Giroux as his center, and Giroux putting up at least a PPG, Voracek should translate to just under that. Giroux and Voracek are young players, so I see Voracek putting up 65-80 points a season if Philly doesn’t start out slow.

Hube in 66 games has 27 points but is only a -6, 9points more than last yrs +/-. Hube is a great set up man, who’s hockey IQ just needs to develop a bit more. His +/- shows he’s working on his defensive game. The whole team is young around him, so I can’t see him doing overly well next year, unless they sign some goal scorer.

Due to each team’s situation, I feel like from year 0-3 Voracek will produce more, but year 3 and beyond Hube COULD catch up. But this guess is all based on how Florida drafts and develops around Hube. At the end of the ease in period Hube and Barkov will center their own lines, so they still need people around them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Voracek has 49 points in 68 games this yr, but the first 16ish games the whole team did terrible right. So let’s say Voracek had 8 points (that’s a high estimate too) in those 16 games, so 41 points in 52 games. That would translate to 65 points in an 82 game season. With Giroux as his center, and Giroux putting up at least a PPG, Voracek should translate to just under that. Giroux and Voracek are young players, so I see Voracek putting up 65-80 points a season if Philly doesn’t start out slow.

Hube in 66 games has 27 points but is only a -6, 9points more than last yrs +/-. Hube is a great set up man, who’s hockey IQ just needs to develop a bit more. His +/- shows he’s working on his defensive game. The whole team is young around him, so I can’t see him doing overly well next year, unless they sign some goal scorer.

Due to each team’s situation, I feel like from year 0-3 Voracek will produce more, but year 3 and beyond Hube COULD catch up. But this guess is all based on how Florida drafts and develops around Hube. At the end of the ease in period Hube and Barkov will center their own lines, so they still need people around them.
    Thx for the detailed info!
    Anyone else? please vote!

I love Hubs,... but I just don't see him beating out Voracek in the next 3 years. Am I wrong?

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm on the Voracek train here, too.

Plays on a line with Giroux, sees 1st PP duties with Giroux. That's pretty good.

I moved Huberdeau earlier this year in a points-only pool - adding veteran scoring in a push to try and win. My reasoning was same as above - Florida has a ton of good youngsters, but I think it's going to take a couple years, at least, for that group to start putting up solid numbers.

Huberdeau had a great rookie year, but that shortened season almost seems like it helped the rookies...as witnessed by second-year struggles for so many of last year's top rookies.

Over the next three years, Voracek is the play here

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If someone offered me Voracek for Huberdeau in my keeper league, I couldn't hit the accept button fast enough

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Next 3 years Voracek is your man!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..