Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Taking your questions - March 18, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Taking your questions - March 18, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dmnx2 View Post
    Will Cory Schneider ever get a fair chance to prove himself? Will Brodeur ever go away?

Thx
    Hahaha

I think Brodeur goes away now. And Schneider is a 30-win guy next year
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dmnx2 View Post
    Jacob Markstrom....

Hold onto to him for as long as it takes or sell high off of his potential?
    I would definitely listen to offers, but wouldn't be crushed if I was stuck with him. I would prefer to trade him though, as I would rather other people take risks and not me (if I had a choice)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

who to play tonight.
    Hemsky or Macarthur
    and between
    Hartnell or Simmonds
    PIMS are negative 10%

Dobber Sports Deity

For the team in my sig, I have to drop 5 from my team to be put back into the draft pool (along with others from the upcoming draft and FA's).

Who would be your 5 drops?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarat View Post
    Thanks Dobber for all you do. Couldn't manage without your guides bro they are the best. In a 15 team roto league not h2h with hits as a stat I need 9 out of these:
    Okposo
    Nyquist
    Nugent Hopkins
    M Granlund
    T Johnson
    M Richards
    C Atkinson
    Yakupov
    R Smith
    Kronwall
    Wisniewski
    OEL
    Trouba
    B Burns

Thanks again.
    C: Nugent-Hopkins, Granlund
    RW:Yakupov, Nyquist
    LW: Dubinsky, Hudler
    D: OEL, Kronwall, Trouba

I'd bet $$ Burns isn't D eligible in any league next year. I would also consider keeping Fasth over Hudler, depending on how hard G's are to draft.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Mater View Post
    Hey Dobber,
    Thanks for doing this. In a keep any 16 I have bolded 12, thoughts on other 4? Do I have them right?
    You have it right, and I would keep Johansen, Barrie, Sekera and Dubinsky. And Stepan would be the only one I think hard on leaving off because I think he bounces back with a big year

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Hey Dobber! Team and league in sig. I need to pick 12 keepers for next season......have a pretty good idea of who I'm going with, but would love to hear who you would keep in the event that A) Burns keeps his D eligibility next year and B) if Burns is only a F next year.

We will be adding 2 util. spots next season which can be used for D or F is that changes anything for you. Thanks!
    I keep all 3 goalies, I keep Sid, Hall, Pacioretty, Karlsson, Hedman, McDonagh. Those are the easy ones

That leaves three. And Burns won't and can't be D eligible next year, the guy hasn't been a defenseman for two years. I would tear Yahoo a new one if they kept him eligible! But I would keep Burns only if he was D eligible otherwise no.
    Hartnell, Wingels, Semin

Dobber Sports Initiate

one too many players tonight - who to leave on bench?

alfredsson
    t ruutu
    nielsen
    soderberg
    nyquist

ruutu is on the bench at the moment, but his added grit points would be a nice add... but not while sacrificing other point production.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Drop Lindback (no), Corvo (no), Perreault (no), Brunner (yes), Eakin (maybe), Baertschi (absolutely could get a pick), Diaz (maybe), Read (yes) and Hagelin (yes)
    Thanks for the reply. My team is at that point where I usually finish last but I am now middle of the pack. I don't want to make the wrong moves and put me back a couple more years. I will try to trade these guys for picks before the draft or package them together and try to upgrade a position.
    12 Team CBS Dynasty League
    Rotisseie Scoring Cats: +/-, A, G, PIM, PPPTS, SHOG, SOG, Hits, GAA, SPct, W

Team:

C: Mackinnon, Anisimov, Kesler, Kuznetsov, H.Sedin, Scheifele, Bonino, Marchessault, Perreault, Dano
    W: Burakovsky, Hornqvist, Kucherov, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Tatar, Atkinson
    D: Beaulieu, Josi, Martinez, Muzzin, Sekera, Stralman, Borowiecki, Ceci
    G: Bobrovsky, Howard, Domingue, Ward

Prospects: Barzal, Puljujarvi, Rantanen, Vrana, Meier

Start: 4C, 6W, 2Flex, 6D, 2G
    23 Keepers + 5 Prospects

Dobber Sports Guru

Hey Dobber. Thanks for doing this. Always fun to read through the thread.

My question is who should be my final keeper in my points only league. Keep 15, top eight forwards, five dmen and two goalies count. The top 14 is pretty easy (Malkin, Stamkos, Ovi, Hall, Benn, Kunitz, Spezza, Iggy, Backes, Letang, Schultz, Carle, Price, and Lundqvist).

So my choice is who to keep out of Gaborik, Brown, Kesler, Brassard, Enstrom. Do I keep Enstrom just to have four dmen and draft my fifth, or go for a better offensive forward and then take two dmen at my draft?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey Dobber, I need to squeeze out every point I can in the last bit.
    Points only, bonus for PPG, GWG.
    Can you order these guys for the rest of the year? Thanks

B. Ryan
    Stempniak
    Kuznestov
    Burrows

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Dobber thanks for doing this.

I was wondering what to expect for 2015-2016 with these young guys. What type of production do you expect that year and 3 years from now.

Okposo
    Yakupov
    RNH
    Eberle
    Duchesne

Cheers !

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Thanks for doing this Dobber.

What order would you draft these guys next year, focusing on Points, Hits, and Shots? I'd be looking at near-term production, like a 2-year window.

Zuccarelo
    Kuznetsov
    Kucherov
    Lindholm
    T. Johnson
    Cowen
    Teravainen
    Tatar
    Atkinson
    Jenner
    Haha - these are the ones I hate (that's why I broke for dinner at this point lol). Because with hits in the mix and I get 10 names in which 6 of them are pretty damn equal to the point where I would completely reverse the 6 names after sleeping on it...it's throwing darts

You want to mix certainty with wait-time with proven, and you have hits thrown in the mix. I'm assuming that Elias Lindholm since you only have one D on your list.

I would have Jenner and Cowen at the bottom, as I don't see upside there. I would have Tatar next and then Atkinson. So those are the Bottom 4

Of the six remaining I...would prefer proven, so Zuccarello...then Kuznetsov, Teravainen, Elias, then Johnson then Kucherov

If you want the best answers here, ask for projections and thoughts on players, or picking keepers...but ranking within 10 players in offense and physical categories who are close like this is something that requires study and time, and a quick answer here isn't fair to you. Tomorrow I could look at my answer here and completely flip it over. But I try!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dhcustom2 View Post
    who to play tonight.
    Hemsky or Macarthur
    and between
    Hartnell or Simmonds
    PIMS are negative 10%
    Not Hemsky!

Got to this one too late

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    For the team in my sig, I have to drop 5 from my team to be put back into the draft pool (along with others from the upcoming draft and FA's).

Who would be your 5 drops?
    Roy, Nelson, Bartschi, Killorn, Bonino