Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Taking your questions - March 18, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Taking your questions - March 18, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    FOW & Hits are two popular categories in deeper multi-cat leagues.
    Are there any prospects in the AHL or juniors right now that you know might be BEASTS in these categories in the future?
    I couldn't give you a fair answer here. I'll be delving into the Fantasy Prospects Report starting later this month, and then I'll get an in-depth feel for prospects that I don't have a handle on right now. I find that, because of the FPR, I become an expert on prospects in May and June and then over the next 10 months I start to lose touch again, other than your basic points/injuries/depth chart stuff
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

What do you see in goals and assists next year for ..

Ryan McDonagh
    Justin Schultz

will McD keep up this years pace? Will Schultz get out of the sophomore slump?

Already keeping Karlsson, Yandle, Hedman & Trouba...
    So while McD is the steady guy, thinking on the upside gamble on Schultz.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks again for doing this....your thoughts on these guys going forward in a full keeper....goal, ppg, shg, win, and shutout heavy scoring.....

Ryan Ellis in Nashville
    Tyler Johnson in Tampa (will he hold onto that spot with Stamkos??)
    Petr Mrazek in Detroit (still several years away I assume or could he backup next year??)
    Anton Khudobin in Carolina (both signed now....is he a backup, starter or is this a 1a/b situation??)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by packitmf View Post
    Hi Dobber,

Thanx for doing this.

Quick question. Will Giordano and Hedman continu putting up points next year. Already got 2 D locked up in my keeper league (25 player - 15 keeper - 5 D) with Karlsson and Yandle, so I was wondering if one or both are worth putting the keeper tab on

Thank you!
    Yes - and Hedman will be even better. But I can see injury issues with Gio that cause him to miss 10 games or so. I would keep both, but would depend on roster needs, amount of teams, etc

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ty Dobber,
    Dinasty, 24 team, 0,2 for PIM and +\-, 1 for G and A, 0,1 for sog and savez, 2 for wins.

1- We can only have 2 G in the lineup and we start one each day; for next year, who would you take as a second starter behind Miller, Khudobin or Holtby?
    2- Id like to hear your top five buy low for the offseason.
    3- Fleischmann or Grabovski going forward?

Dobber Sports Guru

Hey Dobber thanks for doing this.

I'm doing some early keeper thinking for next season. For the pts only team in my sig I will only be able to protect 4 of the below forwards. We keep 12 and my top 8 are pretty much set. (fwds with < 100 NHL GP at beg. of next season are prospects)

Anismov
    Eakin
    Fleischmann
    Erat
    Cammalleri
    Niederreiter

Which 4 would you be keeping?

Cheers, wc17

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    What do you see in goals and assists next year for ..

Ryan McDonagh
    Justin Schultz

will McD keep up this years pace? Will Schultz get out of the sophomore slump?

Already keeping Karlsson, Yandle, Hedman & Trouba...
    So while McD is the steady guy, thinking on the upside gamble on Schultz.
    I would go Schultz, I see a big bounce-back from him and I think McDonagh is peaking this year

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrick View Post
    Thanks again for doing this....your thoughts on these guys going forward in a full keeper....goal, ppg, shg, win, and shutout heavy scoring.....

Ryan Ellis in Nashville
    Tyler Johnson in Tampa (will he hold onto that spot with Stamkos??)
    Petr Mrazek in Detroit (still several years away I assume or could he backup next year??)
    Anton Khudobin in Carolina (both signed now....is he a backup, starter or is this a 1a/b situation??)
    Ellis, give him a couple more years. Don't count on him helping next year at all, but don't give up on him

Johnson played on a line with Stamkos last night. On his wing (at least for most draws). I'm not worried about Johnson and think he'll be a fine 60+ point forward. More if he spends a lot of time on that line.

I think Mrazek can back up next year. I can see that.

Khudobin is a 1a/b situation, but I'm guessing that Ward will either get hurt a lot, or slump a lot. Probably both. And I wouldn't be shocked if Khudobin played 90 of the next 160 games (55%ish)

Dobber Sports Recruit

I was offered Couturier and Niederreiter for Kuznetsov in a keeper league able to keep as many players as you want. Should I make the trade?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ddtop View Post
    Ty Dobber,
    Dinasty, 24 team, 0,2 for PIM and +\-, 1 for G and A, 0,1 for sog and savez, 2 for wins.

1- We can only have 2 G in the lineup and we start one each day; for next year, who would you take as a second starter behind Miller, Khudobin or Holtby?
    2- Id like to hear your top five buy low for the offseason.
    3- Fleischmann or Grabovski going forward?
    1 - how long can you wait? I'd like to see if Halak re-signs first. If I had to pick today, I would go Khudobin and assume Halak signs.
    2 - I don't have any organized thoughts together on this. Some quick names would be Letang, Atkinson, Fleischmann, Huberdeau, Drouin, MacKinnon (trust me, whatever price he is - it's low), Nash, Spezza, Anderson
    3 - Fleischmann

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Hey Dobber thanks for doing this.

I'm doing some early keeper thinking for next season. For the pts only team in my sig I will only be able to protect 4 of the below forwards. We keep 12 and my top 8 are pretty much set. (fwds with < 100 NHL GP at beg. of next season are prospects)

Anismov
    Eakin
    Fleischmann
    Erat
    Cammalleri
    Niederreiter

Which 4 would you be keeping?

Cheers, wc17
    I would keep Nino, Flash, Cammy and Anisimov. But I would shop Cammy and Anisimov and see if I can get picks for them in rounds where I could draft better

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeth View Post
    I was offered Couturier and Niederreiter for Kuznetsov in a keeper league able to keep as many players as you want. Should I make the trade?
    I would not do that. Fair offer, but he's sharking you

Dobber Sports Deity

Hey Dobber, thanks for doing this again.

I have one for ya. Do you think Eakins continues rotating his goalies or do you see him finally settling on one and sticking with him, kinda like what Toronto ended up doing this year? If you see him ending the carousel, who do you think ends up the starter between Fasth and Scrivens?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Jurco, and Calle Jarnkrok. What are their upsides?
    Has Jurco's success as a wing at such an early age increased his upside?
    Nyquist, has his recent run upped your opinion of him being another Zetterberg/Datsuyk?
    Jarnkrok.. as a predator is he now a 40 pt player at best?

Thanks dobber!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Star

Nashville's Colin Wilson: will we ever see 50 pt. scoring out of him?

Thank you.