Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Taking your questions - March 18, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Taking your questions - March 18, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Geegan View Post
    Hi Dobber, thanks for this!

1. Zibanejad or Hagelin for my last keeper?

G/A/PPP/SOG/SHP/PIM/FW/+-

2. Sell high on Tyler Johnson?

Thanks!
    Zibanejad for sure

And it would depend on the return for Johnson. I would make it known that I would trade him, but I wouldn't pull the trigger unless I'm happy. Right now, it's looking like he's on the wing with Stamkos? Or is Stamkos on the wing? I haven't seen the last couple games, but noticed they have been linemates.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Newbie

Hi Dobber,

Thanx for doing this.

Quick question. Will Giordano and Hedman continu putting up points next year. Already got 2 D locked up in my keeper league (25 player - 15 keeper - 5 D) with Karlsson and Yandle, so I was wondering if one or both are worth putting the keeper tab on

Thank you!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad64 View Post
    Hey Dobbs,

I paid a heavy price to grab Lack for our play-off run.....he's been awful. Do you think Vancouver will go into next season with Lack/Markstrom or do you see them looking for a veteran?

Thanks!
    Three of the last four games he's been decent. He's coming around. I think that the Canucks will look closely at Hiller and Halak, but their hope was that Lack would really step up down the stretch the way he did just before Luongo was traded. That hasn't happened.

However, my gut tells me Washington will re-sign Halak and Anaheim will re-sign Hiller. And I'm almost positive St. Louis will keep Miller. That really just leaves Elliott and Thomas. Maybe they bring one of those in as a 1B

From a fantasy standpoint, I like the outlook of Lack and think you should be patient with him.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sroessler View Post
    I need PIMs to secure a top three finish in my Roto league who do you think will finish with the most out of this bunch:
    K. Barch
    P. Maroon
    R. Clune
    Z. Kassian
    L. Gazdic
    M. Carkner
    D. Dorsett
    B. McGrattan
    D. Carcillo
    T. Jackman
    C. Orr
    J. Scott
    With PIM down the stretch, it's best to not look at the fringe guys because they'll get scratched a lot. So I would be looking at Maroon here

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Thanks Dobber

Your thoughts on Palat/Filpulla next season? Does Palat perhaps earn the spot next to Stamkos?

Point progressions for Scheifele?
    Palat is convincing me more and more that he'll be a big fantasy guy next year with or without Stammer. Obviously we would prefer 'with'. I would count on him for 60+ and then be thrilled if he can top 70.

Scheifele was becoming a steady producer before he hurt his knee, and during the prior 40 games or so he looked like a 60-point guy already. I think that's a safe bet if healthy, but in a couple of years he can be so much more.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Thanks Dobber

Your thoughts on Palat/Filpulla next season? Does Palat perhaps earn the spot next to Stamkos?

Point progressions for Scheifele?
    Also, with Filpulla, you know what you're getting here - a 65-point guy who misses 10 or 15 games a year, making him a 55 or 60-point guy

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    What do you make of Killorn's offensive struggles of late. He's been playing with Stamkos but hasn't done much. And even before Stamkos came back, he wasn't producing much. Do you like his long-term outlook? With so many young guns in TB, he could very well be delegated for a 3rd line, checking role.
    That's the think with Killorn - he can hold his own on a checking line and chip in 40 points from the third line. Whereas some of the other kids can't do that, they need scoring. If Killorn doesn't click with Stamkos when given the chance, I think he'll be on a short leash. I don't like his fantasy outlook, to be honest, but I haven't shut the door

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dave04 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Niskanen's numbers for next season both if he stays in Pittsburgh or ends up somewhere else?
    I think he goes somewhere else, and I would be surprised to see 35 points. Contract year and it's the one year he's finally healthy and the one year he breaks out? Not buying it

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    1. I would like to keep a third dman on my roster, points only keeper pool in my signature. I have Shattenkirk and Kronwall. Who's my third? McDonagh, Carlson or Trouba? I finished 2nd last year, probably 3rd this year.

2. Is it time to stop considering Evander Kane as a potential breakout player? I never valued him as a superstar, but I was hoping for a solid 65-70 poins player. For the same league. I could decide to keep a second goaler instead of him to go along with Pekka Rinne. My other options: Hiller or Mason, though goalies are easy to redraft in my league, not young players.

3. Last one, quickly: will Rick Nash bounce back to a decent level?

Thanks Dobber! These threads are always a good read.
    1. If it's me, it's Trouba.

2. No, but I don't expect it until two or three years from now. So if you can't wait that long, dump him off to someone who thinks he'll break out next year.

3. Nash should be relied on for 70 points, fantasy owners should stop expecting more, and this year was injury-filled more than usual and I wouldn't expect such bad luck either.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by kekay_20 View Post
    14 teams.....keep 15 players....G, A, +/-, STP, pims, hits, shots
    Wins, GAA, Save %, Shutouts

i know i am keeping.....Ladd, Vorecek, Turris, Huberdeau, Saad, Kronwall, Girardi, Leddy, Sekera, Gudas, ... bernier, and (pavelec or holtby)

who else do i keep to round out my team, as they all seem be on about the same level....pick 3
    Atkinson, Bolland, Brassard, Martin, Killhorn, Stempniak, Abdelkader, Smith, Palmieri, Mcginn

also should i keep matt martin to win hits every week over a 5th D man

thanks for the help
    Is that Reilly Smith or Craig Smith? My 3 would be Atkinson, Martin for the league-leading hits, and Smith (regardless of which one)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

FOW & Hits are two popular categories in deeper multi-cat leagues.
    Are there any prospects in the AHL or juniors right now that you know might be BEASTS in these categories in the future?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Hi Dobber,

Points only league please rank the following D:

D.Pouliot
    Z.Bogosian
    D.Kulikov
    J.Merrill
    C. de Haan
    D.Rundblad
    P.Wiercioch

Thanks for your help!
    D.Pouliot
    P.Wiercioch
    C. de Haan
    D.Kulikov
    J.Merrill
    D.Rundblad
    Z.Bogosian

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Teuvo Teravainen Chi - LW
    Emerson Etem Ana -
    Thoughts on them for next year, get to protect 1 for next year - pts only league
    Teravainen is a ROY candidate and even buried in Chicago I think he can get 50 points. Etem is risk/reward. he'll have his moments, but who he plays with will determine his points. I wouldn't expect more than 30-35 right off the bat. I would protect TT easily

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by valec View Post
    Your thoughts on Atkinson for next year and on for dynasty pts only.
    Seems to be struggling as of late, being benched and playing 3rd line.
    I know you're a big fan of his.

Is it best to hold onto him or pick up a kid like N.Jensen, D.Jaskin, Howden or Jurco?

Or other players I can consider: Read, Palmieri

Thanx
    Atkinson is the best of that list for sure and his performance this season was fantastic - best I could have hoped for. And I expect more to come starting next year. If healthy. Bit of a numbers game the second half this season, but it's an experience he'll learn from

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    From the following guys, is there anyone standing out as an obvious grab?
    Pick 3 D and 3 forwards with most keeper value or trade value.

Nick Bonino Anh - C
    Ondrej Palat TB - LW
    Mats Zuccarello NYR - LW
    Tyler Johnson TB - C
    Chris Kreider NYR - C,LW
    Nick Foligno Cls - LW
    Andrej Sekera Car - D
    Tommy Wingels SJ - C,RW
    Erik Johnson Col - D
    Marek Zidlicky NJ - D
    Andrew Shaw Chi - C
    Jason Demers SJ - D
    Hampus Lindholm Anh - D
    Johnny Boychuk Bos - D
    Jamie McGinn Col - LW
    Olli Maatta Pit - D
    Roman Josi Nsh - D 
    Michael Cammalleri Cgy - C,LW
    Evgeny Kuznetsov Was - C
    Teuvo Teravainen Chi - LW
    Palat, Zuccarello, Maatta, Teravainen, Kuznetsov, Sekera, Lindholm are your obvious ones. You say just three F so if I had to let one go it would be TT. And if it's a multi-cat, then Kreider over Zuccarello (because of injury history, otherwise I'd keep him over Kuznetsov)