View Poll Results: Should I accept the trade offer of Taylor Hall + Zach Parise for James Neal?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 90.00%
  • No

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hall + Parise for Neal?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hall + Parise for Neal?

I'm a keep-10 roto league that uses the following categories for skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, GWG, HIT, BLK

Right as of now, my ten keepers are:

1. John Tavares
    2. James Neal
    3. Ryan Kesler
    4. Blake Wheeler
    5. Radko Gudas
    6. Kris Letang
    7. Kari Lehtonen
    8. Cory Schneider
    9. Jimmy Howard
    10. Vladimir Tarasenko

I've been offered the following trade:

Taylor Hall + Zach Parise

for

James Neal

Do I take that offer?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Hall + Parise for Neal?

Yes yes yes, omg I wish I'd get offers like that!!

Hall is as productive as Neal as soon as EDM sort out their crap. Parise is an absolute stud! I take this deal and drop Kesler.. I think he's on a downturn like the whole of Vancouver, he's not going to get 40 goals again, probably not even 30.

Also are 3 tenders necessary? If not, then one of them could be traded for an upgrade at forward too. Unless you count saves and game starts then 3 would help I suppose...

Just a thought
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Yes yes yes, omg I wish I'd get offers like that!!

Hall is as productive as Neal as soon as EDM sort out their crap. Parise is an absolute stud! I take this deal and drop Kesler.. I think he's on a downturn like the whole of Vancouver, he's not going to get 40 goals again, probably not even 30.

Also are 3 tenders necessary? If not, then one of them could be traded for an upgrade at forward too. Unless you count saves and game starts then 3 would help I suppose...

Just a thought
    Yeah, I'm going to look into trading one of the goalies. I was after Rask hard, but I wasn't able to pry him away. The same owner sent me this deal instead.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    I'm a keep-10 roto league that uses the following categories for skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, GWG, HIT, BLK

Right as of now, my ten keepers are:

1. John Tavares
    2. James Neal
    3. Ryan Kesler
    4. Blake Wheeler
    5. Radko Gudas
    6. Kris Letang
    7. Kari Lehtonen
    8. Cory Schneider
    9. Jimmy Howard
    10. Vladimir Tarasenko

I've been offered the following trade:

Taylor Hall + Zach Parise

for

James Neal

Do I take that offer?
    I am assuming this isnt for the team in your sig so I would be curious to know how many teams are in the league. I would probably accept this offer as I believe it improves your keepers depth. I dont think I would be keeping that many goalies but again, without knowing the details on your league setup its hard to justify who you keepers should be (also hard to do without knowing the rest of your roster).

In short, this looks like a good deal for you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

yes. Do the deal. And thats about all the insight you should need on this one

1. As said above, Hall is basically equal to Neal already - and he's younger
    2. Parise is just a nice, solid add for the categories you have. Keep him over an always-injured Kesler, or over Tarasenko
    3. Neal is out again with an injury. I know he's a wonderful producer when healthy, but there's been a lot of little injuries lately for him

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is a no-brainer.....2 studs for 1. Do the deal
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Sophomore

+1,000,000 on accepting.

Dobber Sports Master

Don't need to say it again, but I will: say "Yes" to this deal.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Novice

I would accept the trade in a heartbeat

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am assuming this isnt for the team in your sig so I would be curious to know how many teams are in the league. I would probably accept this offer as I believe it improves your keepers depth. I dont think I would be keeping that many goalies but again, without knowing the details on your league setup its hard to justify who you keepers should be (also hard to do without knowing the rest of your roster).

In short, this looks like a good deal for you.
    It's only a 10-team roto league. I am taking over for an inactive owner. The team was in last place. Goalies are golden in this format, so I think keeping all three would be better than streaming crappy goalies moving forward. Howard's value is terrible now, but I think he can turn it around next season. As far as the rest of the roster. I've been streaming all of them. I'm only worried about my top-10 guys and streaming the rest to get this team out of last place.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm new with the whole roto-league thing. I know Neal is ranked #1 in the roto-ranks here at Dobber. So I just wanted to be sure I was doing the right thing. I think I will have a top-6 team next season with the keepers I've assembled. You should have seen what I was given when I took over the team; it was dreadful. I'll be sure to give rep points when able too!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    I appreciate all the feedback. I'm new with the whole roto-league thing. I know Neal is ranked #1 in the roto-ranks here at Dobber. So I just wanted to be sure I was doing the right thing. I think I will have a top-6 team next season with the keepers I've assembled. You should have seen what I was given when I took over the team; it was dreadful. I'll be sure to give rep points when able too!
    I would caution about reading too much into the Roto rankings.....personally, I was a much bigger fan of the old format and ranking system, as I find the new one to be a little out-to-lunch. The new roto-rankings are an interesting way of looking at roto players, but it's by no means a hard ranking system. If your keeper league started today, would you really draft James Neal #1 overall over Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, and Stammer? I don't know anyone who would. One thing that these new ranking don't take into account are how hard it is to acquire some stats (points, ppp, g, a) over others (PIM, hits, blocks,
    +/-). When you take this into account, it's always better to go with the elite offensive talent as you can always grab guys late in drafts who will pile up tons of the supplementary stats.

James Neal is a great player, but there's no way I'd have him as the #1 multi-cat player. This deal makes really helps your team, don't fret!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I would caution about reading too much into the Roto rankings.....personally, I was a much bigger fan of the old format and ranking system, as I find the new one to be a little out-to-lunch. The new roto-rankings are an interesting way of looking at roto players, but it's by no means a hard ranking system. If your keeper league started today, would you really draft James Neal #1 overall over Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, and Stammer? I don't know anyone who would. One thing that these new ranking don't take into account are how hard it is to acquire some stats (points, ppp, g, a) over others (PIM, hits, blocks,
    +/-). When you take this into account, it's always better to go with the elite offensive talent as you can always grab guys late in drafts who will pile up tons of the supplementary stats.

James Neal is a great player, but there's no way I'd have him as the #1 multi-cat player. This deal makes really helps your team, don't fret!
    Where would be a good place to find roto-ranks?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I really like like the old version that Gates used to do here on Dobber, the last issue he did was May 2013 I believe.......it's still posted on the site, have a look as it's still very relevant IMO, you can just slide people up and down the list as you see fit based on what has transpired this season. Just a personal preference, but I find this version to be much more in line with how players are actually valued. I also like how the players are graded in this version as well as listing the actual vs. perceived value of the players, interesting stuff.

Edit: here's the link:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/dobberpics/GMGMAY13.pdf

These monthly lists were basically my bible heading into the first year of my keeper league a few years back and served me extremely well in building a championship team.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I really like like the old version that Gates used to do here on Dobber, the last issue he did was May 2013 I believe.......it's still posted on the site, have a look as it's still very relevant IMO, you can just slide people up and down the list as you see fit based on what has transpired this season. Just a personal preference, but I find this version to be much more in line with how players are actually valued. I also like how the players are graded in this version as well as listing the actual vs. perceived value of the players, interesting stuff.

Edit: here's the link:

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/dobberpics/GMGMAY13.pdf

These monthly lists were basically my bible heading into the first year of my keeper league a few years back and served me extremely well in building a championship team.
    Hey, thanks! I really need a guideline to go off of. This is only my 2nd year following the sport and roto leagues are completely foreign to me.