Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update: Missing Posts/Exclude Forum (New Posts)

I...am your father.

Default Update: Missing Posts/Exclude Forum (New Posts)

Just some of the work that's been going on in the background:

1. Moved a few things around in the forum, basically expanding the Lounge section to four areas: Lounge, Videos, Fantasy Novels, and MMA. I've also made the Lounge more to the forefront, with its own special link along the nav menu, and eye-catching icon (foamy beer mug). You may have noticed that I'm trying to put in content daily into the videos, novels and MMA areas to get the ball rolling there. It'll take some time, it's just a matter of trying to train your brain to remember those areas when you see something online worth discussing. It's taken a week or so, but I'm starting to remember and make a point of sharing.

2. Added a new "spoilers" tag. Basically if you have spoiler and /spoiler in between tags [ ] then the text that is in between them will be hidden unless someone clicks the button. Like this:

You are a strong, confident person capable of winning any fantasy league you enter. Also, you're playing against losers!

3. Missing posts. As you know, posts from November 13 to February 13 were not available when the forum was fixed. These have to be entered one at a time (copy and paste), but it's worth doing because of the search engine benefits, post counts, and just plain having that information around if you need to look back. But mostly search engine benefits. On my own, chipping away at it here and there, it's looking like June before it's done. Atomic Wedgy has volunteered to help and maybe one or two of you would also help (? *crickets* ?). So far, all the posts are in for:
    a) Baseball, Football, Admin/Mods, Site Stuff, Writers Corner sections
    b) Prospects sections, except for Rossy's Q&A that he had last month - and that's an important one and I'm trying to get it back but it's apparently missing.
    c) The Lounge is done up to early January (so about 5 weeks left to put in)
    d) Keeper League D-men is done up to December 1

So you're going to see things like a "Jimmy reaches 5K posts" thread and Jimmy has 4800 posts. So that will be weird, but as we fill in the missing posts this will catch up.

4. I added a special section for our friends over at The Hockey Writers. Let's welcome them warmly and if you see something worth discussing - then please discuss. This is in the "Writers Corner" section

5. Site statistics are fixed. Geez, this hasn't been working in months. But now if you go to the bottom and see "most users online was...", well that date is correct (at least since the re-launch in February)

6. I've been trying to input all my THN and Puck Daddy articles in the Blogs section. You can feel free to create your own blog - try and get some loyal followers and maybe parlay that into a gig on the DobberHockey/Baseball/Football site

Hope you're enjoying the new forum so far!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Exclamation Re: Update on the missing posts, etc.

MASSIVE NEWS! (for some of you)

I got the "Exclude Forums for New Posts" working!!! Please NOTE: If you exclude a forum, you exclude it. From all view. Period. You won't be able to access it until you remove your exclusion. Not just for new posts.

Go to your Settings, General Settings, scroll to the bottom and highlight the forum sections you don't want to appear in "New Posts"!!!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Default Re: Update: Missing Posts/Exclude Forum (New Posts)

Bump

I...am your father.

Crickets

Just want to make sure that the members who wanted this 'exclude forum' feature knows that it's working now

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks Dobber! I love it begin back.

I have a question though. I excluded the forums I don't want to see for "new posts" but now I can't access those if just want to browse them. For example, before the change, I could still see the whole forum. But now, on the main page, I can only access the forum I included. I thought this feature would work only for new posts. Thanks for any help!
    16 Team Yahoo H2H - Dynasty, 25 Players
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

I...am your father.

Uh oh...
    I didn't know that. I'll check it out

I...am your father.

Okay, it's working as it should. Apparenty, if you exclude a forum - you exclude the forum. From new posts, from regular view, period. So I would just make sure you only shut off what you don't want to see ever

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks! So no option to display like before? Seems weird that isnt an option.

I...am your father.

No, no options - but to be honest, wading through the list of options for vBulletin for is like wading through quicksand. These mods are just thrown wildly into their forum and everyone comments on how good/bad they are, some ask for support, etc. So the mod I need may be on page 112 of that section of the forum and it may be called "Jimmy's leave-out areas mod" and because I searched for "exclude" and "new post" I would have completely missed it.

The person who made the modification for VBulletin3 quit making mods. And the person who made the mod for VBulletin4 made this one - it's the closest copy. I looked around for something else, but ...like I said, it's like a needle in a haystack

Dobber Sports Novice

No prob. Thanks!!

Dobber Sports Ace

Blogs are gone?
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

I...am your father.

Nobody was using them except you and I. So I'll post articles in the main forum. We tried!

Dobber Sports Ace

True, unfortunately!
    They are still accessible from the mobile site, just so you know.

I...am your father.

Yes, the blogs and articles links in the mobile site will be removed, and 'User Settings' will be added. Has to be custom coded (at a small cost, of course, but well worth it)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wasn't sure where to ask. Where are you at on getting the missing posts added back in? ( unfun work I know)