Thread: Okposo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Okposo

I am still not sure what to think about Kyle Okposo. Is he finally playing up to his potential, and is this season a sign for things to come? I find it very encouraging that he is keeping up his ppg pace even without Tavares. I traded for him almost 2 years ago, and went through some rough times hoping he would finally break out.

Do you guys think of him as a 70 - 80 points player going forward, or do you see him slumping again next season?

Personally i think he will be a 65 points guy with a chance to hit 70 - 75 (if he can maintain the chemistry he had with JT this year), but i may be biased since i own him in my league.

what is your take on him?
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Okposo

I see him as a 70 point player - he's been amazing this year and even excelled without JT.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

65-70 points annually.

Dobber Sports Monster

70 is to high. Plug him for around 60-65.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Selanne13 View Post
    Personally i think he will be a 65 points guy with a chance to hit 70 - 75 (if he can maintain the chemistry he had with JT this year), but i may be biased since i own him in my league.
    what is your take on him?
    I was just about to post the same thing....I think point wise this is about right. 60 - 65 points seems fair with that possible up tick. He's surprising me right now as I'm waiting for the let down. I will say this, I strongly believe he came in to his own during the Pit series last year and he has found that next gear. He's noticable nearly every shift, which is something that can't be said for a lot of players. It will be interesting to see how he fairs next season with a hopefully healthy Tavares

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Master

This guy makes me sick. I held onto him for 6 years with no results. Dropped him last year finally and now this. He gets scooped up by a league competitor and is destroying it this season,

I hope he is nothing more than a 55 pt player going forward, but it looks like he should be a safe bet for 60+ for a few years to come, with a 50% chance at 70+ I'd say..

What the hell man.... What the hell....
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

On his own 60-65 is probably safe. But if Tavares goes off for 95-100.... Can Okposo hit 90? That's the problem I have with projecting 65 points from him. If JT scores 100 and Okposo only scores 65 than holy shit that's disappointing.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

He's been the biggest surprise story in the NHL for me this year. Every year there is a player that emerges and this year he is leading the way. His play has been unreal.

As for his potential, with his performance this year (69 pts in 69 games), he clearly has potential for 80-85 pts. That said, I don't see him (or pretty much any player in the NHL for that matter) reaching his potential every year. More often than not, I think he will be a 65-70 pt player, with some seasons below that and some above it. The average, imo, will be in that 65-70 pt range.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    He's been the biggest surprise story in the NHL for me this year. Every year there is a player that emerges and this year he is leading the way. His play has been unreal.

As for his potential, with his performance this year (69 pts in 69 games), he clearly has potential for 80-85 pts. That said, I don't see him (or pretty much any player in the NHL for that matter) reaching his potential every year. More often than not, I think he will be a 65-70 pt player, with some seasons below that and some above it. The average, imo, will be in that 65-70 pt range.
    That's probably the truest statement of this thread. He has it in him, but how many players score 80+ nowadays!? Scoring is in a downwards trend again and I don't see 80 pts out of anyone regularly. He's not a superstar, but he is obviously capable of contributing significantly. I would say this is a fair assessment of what to expect.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Confidence is a wonderful thing. How's his play been without Tavares in the line-up? Still producing, huh? Honestly, I didn't see a point per game player in Okposo, but it's not like he's come from nowhere. I have no problem marking him down for 70-75+ next year with the Isles. One caveat though, if they get a new coach, all bets are off. This coach has Okposo playing this way, through whatever means, he's built the player's confidence. Could he fall back to 65 or less points next year, sure, but declines happen to many players the year after they "break out". He's maturing as a player and person (new child). I'm fairly confident in this guy, but I wouldn't overpay for him.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Confidence is a wonderful thing.

He's maturing as a player and person (new child).
    If you watched NHL revealed, according to his mother, this is the biggest motivator for his improved play. From the moment he knew his wife was pregnant (close to last year's playoffs) to now, his improvement is due to his maturing into responsibility as a father, according to her. I buy it.

A guy should be self-motivating though, so I think we should expect some regression. If only I had known this before dropping him...

What the hell, Kyle. I'm still in good position to win my league this year (hopefully) but what the hell.. Guess he won't get a ring....!

Same thing happened to me with Brent Seabrook whom I traded as a prospect for Jovocop (!) and Chrisitan Ehrhoff whom I traded for Sergei Zubov (!) and Justin Faulk whom I traded for Christian Ehrhoff (!), but that last one is a wash so far.. it's more the first round pick I lost in that last trade that has me ticked.. But I digress incredibly.

I hate gambling, but love it too. Dammit.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin