Thread: Josh Reddick outlook in 2014

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Josh Reddick outlook in 2014

I just grabbed him in the 23rd round of my keeper draft - it's only keep 5, so I don't plan on keeping him, but I wanted to see what others thought about him heading into the 2014 season. He's heading into his age-27 season, is one season removed from a 30/10 season and actually saw his BB% and K% improve last season, suggesting that his nagging wrist injury could be totally to blame for his otherwise poor performance. Also stole 9 bags in 114 games, meaning maybe his ceiling is 15.

Anyone else taking a late flier on this guy? Curious to see what others think.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Josh Reddick outlook in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by beLEAFing View Post
    I just grabbed him in the 23rd round of my keeper draft - it's only keep 5, so I don't plan on keeping him, but I wanted to see what others thought about him heading into the 2014 season. He's heading into his age-27 season, is one season removed from a 30/10 season and actually saw his BB% and K% improve last season, suggesting that his nagging wrist injury could be totally to blame for his otherwise poor performance. Also stole 9 bags in 114 games, meaning maybe his ceiling is 15.

Anyone else taking a late flier on this guy? Curious to see what others think.
    Good gamble to take a flyer on if you can get him cheap. The good news is that his batting eye took a huge step forward. While it came at the expense of a few more groundballs, line drive rates suggest he's still hitting the ball hard. Hasn't lost any speed and actually had more opportunities to run last year. Everything points to a nice rebound season.
    Twitter: @jasonang00

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Josh Reddick outlook in 2014

I am on the Reddick train I think, at least mostly...I think 25HRs are coming and 80RBI if healthy all year...maybe a dozen SBs too...good value for late round pick.