Thread: Schultz

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Schultz

He's having an average season so far, he's resigning also at the end of this year..... Do you guys still view a 50 pts upside for him? What kind of contract do you think he'll sign? Bridge, longterm?

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Schultz

I feel like he's got a bridge "show-me" deal in his future. I still think he's got 50+ upside, but he's definitely more of a project than many of us would've initially liked to believe.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

The Oilers have been pretty aggressive in signing their "key" guys to longer deals with lots of flexibility built in. The only guy who has really been given the bridge is Gagner. Schultz hasn't done enough to earn a longer deal but the Oilers will probably push for a Josi-like contract. Schultz probably gambles on himself and pushes for the bridge though.

No question about his upside. It's just about the Oilers getting their shit together.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    No question about his upside. It's just about the Oilers getting their shit together.
    Very true.

I'm not as bullish on his 50pt upside as I once was, but certainly like his skills and situation.

The Oilers ongoing gong show is making me really wonder. What a disaster of a year...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Very true.

I'm not as bullish on his 50pt upside as I once was, but certainly like his skills and situation.

The Oilers ongoing gong show is making me really wonder. What a disaster of a year...
    The offensive game is there. It's the rest that's a work in progress for Schultz. But really, all they need to do is become an average team at five-on-five plus that dynamite power play and he gets to 50.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For me the 50 Pt upside is still there. He's on the right side of 25 and if that Oiler team (finally?) comes together he should be the PP QB. They don't have any other D -men (unless they make a move this summer) that would replace him as a viable special teams guy. I wouldn't overpay for him, but I wouldn't give up either. Hope that helps!
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Banned

I still think he is a great asset...

if you league counts AHL stats.

Dobber Sports Deity

Congrats to Schultz for scoring the first PPG by an Oilers Dman this season, today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Yes, Schultz will be a 50 point DMan.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm a Oilers homer, and I can't see 50 points from Schultz....to be honest, I think he is highly over-rated as a player. I just don't see the tools there for him to get into the 50's. If and when the Oilers manage to bring in a legit #1 dman, Shultz will get get a hit as he will not longer have all the prime PP minutes to himself (which he's done nothing with, just scored his first PP goal the other day). I see Shultz settling into a 40-45 point dman who run the PP2.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon