Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: F.Andersen can he be #1 next year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: F.Andersen can he be #1 next year

I'm guessing a time split between Andersen and Gibby
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Master

what kind of vibe do the anaheim fans here get towards Hiller's own interest in remaining a duck as opposed to testing free agency .

being out west we dont hear much of the rumour mill on his situation .

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    what kind of vibe do the anaheim fans here get towards Hiller's own interest in remaining a duck as opposed to testing free agency .

being out west we dont hear much of the rumour mill on his situation .
    It's as much about what the Ducks want as it is about Hiller. Don't have any specific knowledge of Hiller's wants but in general a goalie in his position would be looking to secure a lengthy contract, 4+ years with around 5 mil per. The Ducks have excellent young goalies in their system and even now they clearly favour Andersen over Hiller. I do not see the Ducks offering any goalie more than a couple of years and a low-ish cap hit. Hiller and the Ducks have become incompatible. A big indicator the Ducks are willing to go with their young goalies is the reliance on Andersen over Hiller in the playoffs. So far so good for Andersen.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I see this going down more like the situation in Ottawa right now. Ironically enough, it is both Anderson's (slightly spelled differently, I know) who will remain number one for the time being while the Heir Apparent (Lehner in Ott; Gibson in Ana) who gets the back-up role for a couple of seasons. Ottawa's Anderson will be gone sooner than Anaheim's Andersen, but the end result should still be the same; the back-up taking over after serving as...well ...the back-up.
    But it's not really the same at all. Craig Anderson is 33 or 34, obviously his time is running out and the young guy is there to take over. Fred Andersen is only 25, this is the beginning of his career not the end. This is going to be a Quick/Bernier situation....I remember there were Kings fans who hated Quick even after some very good seasons simply because they felt like Bernier should be the starter.

It's possible the Ducks give the starting job to Gibson eventually. He IS the Golden Boy and I'm pretty sure their GM has said he is the only untouchable player in the organization. But it is nowhere near the foregone conclusion that some posters and writers (ahem Dobber) have made it seem, Andersen is legit and definitely has the leg up right now.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

I still think it would be a mistake to let go of Hiller but it looks his his time is coming to an end. I would expect the same numbers from any Anaheim goalie anyway, not spectacular but decent amount of wins.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Don,t think ANA wants to spend $5-6M log term on a goalie when they have a couple young studs ready to go. Can see them signing a Tim Thomas for a year.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Don,t think ANA wants to spend $5-6M log term on a goalie when they have a couple young studs ready to go. Can see them signing a Tim Thomas for a year.
    I agree (maybe not the TT part)that it makes sense to part ways with Hiller and ride the andersen/gibson tandem next year .

but what I'm wondering is would Hiller take less to stay with anaheim or does the big ufa contract mean more to him .

an andersen/hiller or gibson/hiller tandem would allow the ducks to parlay one of their young goalies into a good f/d while still having a very good goaltender tandem

Dobber Sports Padawan

as a hiller owner should i be looking to deal him off at this point or wait and see where he lands? my team 1 in sig - my issue is our waiver draft allows team to pluck from others, and lundqvist will be plucked for sure, leaving me with hiller as my #2 (i am protecting quick who is half the price of lundqvist in our salary system).
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gerbernomics View Post
    as a hiller owner should i be looking to deal him off at this point or wait and see where he lands? my team 1 in sig - my issue is our waiver draft allows team to pluck from others, and lundqvist will be plucked for sure, leaving me with hiller as my #2 (i am protecting quick who is half the price of lundqvist in our salary system).
    I'd wait and see if you can......other managers are obviously aware of the goalie volatility in Anaheim, and you are going to have a tough time getting decent value for Hiller with so much uncertainty.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Andersen starting again tonight after being pulled during the last game says a lot...
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Administrator

Shop him around. It's what I'm doing. I think if you get a good enough price it's worth taking. If not you need to hold out. He might get stuck in a numbers game and be without a 100% starting gig but he might also land on his feet with solid value once again.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

With Hiller gone next season, I can definitely see a 50/50 split between the two youngsters..

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Shop him around. It's what I'm doing. I think if you get a good enough price it's worth taking. If not you need to hold out. He might get stuck in a numbers game and be without a 100% starting gig but he might also land on his feet with solid value once again.

Agree, but don't take a low offer. Hiller might very well sign with StLouis or Minnesota, both situations would be great for him and his value skyrockets.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Stud

Unless you get a formidable return, wait and see where he lands first. You don't want to enter negotiations with uncertainty on your side because that gives ammo to your trading partner. When Hiller signs, then you will know the deal range you're comfortable with and you get a tangible argument of sales. Right now, all you can do is speculate.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Ana will bring in a Vet to tandem with Andersen next year (Someone like Elliott?). Maybe something like a 50/50-60/40 split. Boudreau has shown lots of faith in Andersen this season. They'l keep Gibson in the AHL for another year which is never a bad thing because why rush him.

When we find out who the starter is vs LA it will tell us a lot. I personally think they'll start Hiller because of his success against them this season, but if they go back to Andersen then we all know for sure Hiller is gone haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league