Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: F.Andersen can he be #1 next year

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: F.Andersen can he be #1 next year

Quote Originally Posted by sdee View Post
    Ryan Miller to Anaheim for wife's career in LA
    Hiller to St. Louis
    I hope not. I'm sick of wives having so much say on professional sports (including when I'm allowed to watch them in my own House)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, Bob McKenzie reported this yesterday...

Bob McKenzie: The conventional wisdom among the hockey community is that one of the reasons Miller wants to wait until free agency on July 1 is to see if there's any interest from the Anaheim Ducks. There was all sorts of speculation that the Ducks tried to make a trade with the Buffalo Sabres earlier this season for Miller, but that it fell through and they weren't able to do it.

Miller's wife is an actress. She does all sorts of work in Hollywood and the possibility of being on a California team might be something that is really good for Ryan Miller. So, we'll wait and see where that goes.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy BZ View Post
    Yeah, Bob McKenzie reported this yesterday...

Bob McKenzie: The conventional wisdom among the hockey community is that one of the reasons Miller wants to wait until free agency on July 1 is to see if there's any interest from the Anaheim Ducks. There was all sorts of speculation that the Ducks tried to make a trade with the Buffalo Sabres earlier this season for Miller, but that it fell through and they weren't able to do it.

Miller's wife is an actress. She does all sorts of work in Hollywood and the possibility of being on a California team might be something that is really good for Ryan Miller. So, we'll wait and see where that goes.
    Anaheim going after Ryan Miller is like Bill Gates rolling around on the floor, fighting with people over a $100 bill.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Anaheim going after Ryan Miller is like Bill Gates rolling around on the floor, fighting with people over a $100 bill.
    *slow clap*

Dobber Sports Rookie

If Hiller blows up in the playoffs, I don't see why they can not turn to Miller if available, despite their plethora of young goalies.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's really hard to see Hiller leaving the Ducks in my opinion after all the success they've had this season. I think it'll all come down to Hiller's decision in the end, Ducks are going to want him back.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Just thought id bring this thread back, Andersen starts game 1 and wins it , does this change anything for his future . Any chance he become #1 the way the ducks are dealing with the goalie situation
    14 team Keeper league, keep-12 players, pts only.

F: P.Bergeron, M.Pacioretty, H.Zetterberg, E.Staal, M.Koivu, A.Semin, D.Sedin, J.Staal, J.Pavelski, P.Marleau, F.Nielsen, M.Read, A.Cogliano,
    D: K.Shattenkirk, D.Keith, M.Niskanen, O.Matta, D.Hamhuis, A.McDonald, M.Streit,
    G: S.Bobrovsky, K.Lehtonen, J.Riemer
    P: J.Drouin, R.Strome, M.Domi, A.Mantha,

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm really starting to think so. I mean it would have been nice to get something for Hiller, but in the end...they are...they are getting his cap space relief to put towards a Forward or Defender. Not too many teams have such an embarassment of riches in net that they can let a recently considered elite net minder walk for nothing but cap space and have 1 VERY Capable Goalie ready to step in...and their future still biding his time to make the jump to the big show as well.

I think the decision to start Andersen says a lot. I think the success they have on Andersen's back will tell a far greater story. This is his shot. The deeper he takes them, the better his #1 chances become IMO. And Hiller will get a nice pat on the back and best wishes as he is asked to see himself to the door.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Pretty excited right now, I've been sitting on him since he was a 7th round pick by Carolina. Traded a 3rd (around 50th overall) in my league to get him.

Does this make me the nega-Bondon?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Speaking from a Bondon clone....yes...yes you are a nega-Bondon or a bondnot as your name has freudian slip issues all over it! lol Well done sir!

Dobber Sports Stud

Two wins in a row to start the playoffs. Unless he craps the bed in the playoffs, I don't see how Hiller comes back.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Master

Put it in ink: Andersen & Gibson platoon in Anaheim next year.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Put it in ink: Andersen & Gibson platoon in Anaheim next year.
    Better use a pencil. Gibson is better suited playing in the AHL than backing up in the NHL. Anaheim will sign someone for a couple of years as a backup to Andersen and give Gibson the time he needs to develop his game.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    For some reason I'm thinking Hiller signs with the Islanders - 5 or 6 year term. Nothing to back this up with, just my intuition. It seems like a very good fit.
    Isles should go after Hiller hard. But they will not, they are run so poorly it is sickening. I nshould know I'm a isles fan. I would love to see Hiller as a islander.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Better use a pencil. Gibson is better suited playing in the AHL than backing up in the NHL. Anaheim will sign someone for a couple of years as a backup to Andersen and give Gibson the time he needs to develop his game.
    I see this going down more like the situation in Ottawa right now. Ironically enough, it is both Anderson's (slightly spelled differently, I know) who will remain number one for the time being while the Heir Apparent (Lehner in Ott; Gibson in Ana) who gets the back-up role for a couple of seasons. Ottawa's Anderson will be gone sooner than Anaheim's Andersen, but the end result should still be the same; the back-up taking over after serving as...well ...the back-up.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy