Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: F.Andersen can he be #1 next year

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: F.Andersen can he be #1 next year

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    Unless he gets traded, there's no chance he's the starter. Can't see them letting Hiller go.
    This is my thoughts as well. I just dont see Anaheim letting Hiller go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wish the Oilers would have pursued Andersen rather than Fasth........

Dobber Sports Genius

I have a feeling that Hiller will be with the Ducks for another 2-3 seasons and after that Gibson or Andersen will be the go-to guy.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

The way I see it is Hiller or another vet occupies the #1 role for 2-3 years with Gibson taking over after that. IMO Andersen is trade bait at some point during that time span. I don't think he's the guy in Anaheim.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

For all that think Hiller is the guy in Anaheim for another 2-3 years, how does Hiller take such a short term given that he's a UFA and is 32? If I were him, I only take such a short term deal if there was nothing else available. Hiller will be looking for at least 4 years and ideally 5 or 6. Whether he gets such a term or not remains to be seen but I don't see the chances of him back in Anaheim better than 50/50. Unless the Ducks sign him for 4+ and then try to trade him or slowly have him transition the number one job to his successor, whether that is Gibson or Andersen or someone else.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I think Reimer is going to be the guy who ends up signing in Long Island. It's been my hunch all year, basically.
    Reimer is an RFA...so I don`t see him signing in Long Island unless there is a trade first. And it wouldn`t surprise me at all to see Hiller sign a 2 or 3 year deal with the Ducks.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Reimer is an RFA...so I don`t see him signing in Long Island unless there is a trade first. And it wouldn`t surprise me at all to see Hiller sign a 2 or 3 year deal with the Ducks.
    I'm curious to see what happens with Reimer. I could see a couple teams throwing a decent offer-sheet his way.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gibson is already dominant in his rookie campaign in the AHL. I doubt he can stay there for 3 years. He could be in the NHL this season already.

Dobber Sports Ace

There's no way Hiller doesn't resign in Anaheim, too many reasons, all listed above.

As for Gibson, he is stuck behind Andersen for now, he needs a trade of Andersen or two injuries in front of him to get a decent crack at the big show.

That being said he may actually be nhl ready for next season... I can see this being a Bernier stuck behind Quick thing here. Everyone thought Bermier would take the gig but the guy given the first chance stole his "sure thing" away from him... 3 years later Bernier finally is a starter.... on a different team.

Too many intangibles to look at at this stage, but, if Hiller performs well in the playoffs or the ducks win the cup, how do they not resign him?!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    There's no way Hiller doesn't resign in Anaheim, too many reasons, all listed above.

As for Gibson, he is stuck behind Andersen for now, he needs a trade of Andersen or two injuries in front of him to get a decent crack at the big show.

That being said he may actually be nhl ready for next season... I can see this being a Bernier stuck behind Quick thing here. Everyone thought Bermier would take the gig but the guy given the first chance stole his "sure thing" away from him... 3 years later Bernier finally is a starter.... on a different team.

Too many intangibles to look at at this stage, but, if Hiller performs well in the playoffs or the ducks win the cup, how do they not resign him?!
    Hiller will get a decent offer, something close to what he wants ... it just might not come from the Ducks. As has been said, he's going to be looking for term and it's questionable whether Anaheim will want to do that. It's a sticky situation, but one that could easily resolve itself. I like the 50/50 odds the more I think about it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

I just don't see it happening, when was the last time a team gave up on a quality goalie when they were in a position to have another run at a cup. Ducks are playing good hockey and Hiller has been a rock for them this year.

Playoffs need to unfold first before anything truly unravels anyway

Fwiw I prefer Andersen mid term and think he'll be the starter when they move on from Hiller
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Wizard

There is a very plausible scenario which sees Hiller not in Anaheim next year. All the top UFAs sign (Miller with the Blues, Halak with the Caps) and Snow gets desperate for a true starter and offers Hiller 30 mil over 6 years (the Isles need to spend something like 10 mil next year just to get to the cap floor and they have had trouble attracting free agents). I don't see Anaheim matching that offer. Too long a term and too much money.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'm curious to see what happens with Reimer. I could see a couple teams throwing a decent offer-sheet his way.
    I think the Leafs would be happy to let Reimer go if a 1st rounder was coming back to them via offersheet ($1-2 million would be a 2nd only, anything above $2 mil is a 1st or 1st +). Otherwise I think they would just match the offer sheet then decide what to do.

That being the case and given what other goaltenders have been moving for, I don't see an offersheet to Reimer making sense for teams.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Ryan Miller to Anaheim for wife's career in LA
    Hiller to St. Louis

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I think the Leafs would be happy to let Reimer go if a 1st rounder was coming back to them via offersheet ($1-2 million would be a 2nd only, anything above $2 mil is a 1st or 1st +). Otherwise I think they would just match the offer sheet then decide what to do.

That being the case and given what other goaltenders have been moving for, I don't see an offersheet to Reimer making sense for teams.
    Sign and trade is the most likely avenue here I would think.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg