Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Grandlund or Nichuskin

  1. #1
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Our pool is H2H, standard cats (no hits), we keep 5, 12 teams.

    I am debating on who I should keep as my 5th Grandlund (mikael) or Nichuskin.

    Curious who you guys like more and why. I think I am leaning toward Nichuskin as of now because I see more elite potential.

    Thanks!
    12 Team Keeper - H2H (G,A, PPP, GWG, SHP, SH, PIM, +-, GAA, SVP, SO, W )Keep 5 - $200 Cap - Auction for non keepers - 20% contract increase annually (min $2 - max $10) - lw,lw,lw,rw,rw,rw,c,c,c,d,d,d,d,bn,bn,bn,bn



    C -Granlund, Tavares, Kopitar, Kadri
    LW -D.Sedin, Oshie, B.Richards, Kuznetsov
    RW -Nichuskin, Iginla, Okposo, Hemsky, Yakupov
    D -Wisniewski, McDonaugh, Gudas, Ekblad
    G -Bobrovsky Lundqvist , Smith

  2. #2
    ds760's Avatar
    ds760 is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    7

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Go with Nichuskin he has elite potential.

  3. #3
    plug's Avatar
    plug is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    29

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Take Nich.

  4. #4
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Novice

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    I'm not sold on Nichushkin yet. Nichushkin & Granlund have the same area of potential. Granlund has Parise and might even get Moulson on his side so he has plenty of help. Personally, Granlund is my choice because of intelligence on the ice while I think Nichuskin is just the "new shiny toy" people want in fantasy.

  5. #5
    ds760's Avatar
    ds760 is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    7

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jussin88 View Post
    I'm not sold on Nichushkin yet. Nichushkin & Granlund have the same area of potential. Granlund has Parise and might even get Moulson on his side so he has plenty of help. Personally, Granlund is my choice because of intelligence on the ice while I think Nichuskin is just the "new shiny toy" people want in fantasy.
    Nichuskin has Seguin and Benn.

  6. #6
    Badfish's Avatar
    Badfish is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Nichuskin has Seguin and Benn.
    That matched with his young 18 year old age. The kid will put up some big numbers. Granlund might have him covered as far as points go next year but after that i see Big Nich as a 70+ guy going forward.
    Big Money 12 Manager (12) Keeper Roto League
    G A +/- PPP PIM HIT SOG GWG
    W GAA SA% SO

  7. #7
    Rep Power
    15

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Dude Granlund for sure...Im actually shocked that more aren't picking him.

    Future elite passer in the entire league. Nich is alright but he doesn't have the same vision or playmaking ability IMO. Granlund will surpass him.

    I guess you could be scared of Granlund's injury history but seriously I think Nich is being overblown here.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 7) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

    My team:

  8. #8
    jcairns's Avatar
    jcairns is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,779
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Dude Granlund for sure...Im actually shocked that more aren't picking him.

    Future elite passer in the entire league. Nich is alright but he doesn't have the same vision or playmaking ability IMO. Granlund will surpass him.

    I guess you could be scared of Granlund's injury history but seriously I think Nich is being overblown here.
    Nich is overblown. He'll be a stud for sure, but there is always a strong correlation between one guy getting hyped up on these forums and then becoming the undisputed stud for the next decade. At this point, I'd argue they have pretty similar ceilings. Could be anyones guess at this point. Good forum topic for sure though. And no, I am not doubting Nichushkin. I just think there's a solid argument to be had for both sides.

  9. #9
    plug's Avatar
    plug is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    29

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    I think Granlund will be great and I enjoy watching him, but I think Nich will shoot more, take more pims... And with similar upsides those are the two cats that I look at..(I have Granlund in my league and Nich's owner would laugh at a one to one offer).. But I'm keeping Scheifele anyway..

  10. #10
    mounD's Avatar
    mounD is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,792
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    I'll take Nichushkin here, personally. But I've been an unabashed fanboy for a long time.
    Pittsburgh Penguins -- NHLFL
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Salary cap Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 5BN (IR) + 25 AHL + 10 juniors (60 total)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blk, FW // W, GAA, Saves, Sv%, SHO

    C: Backstrom, Eichel, Kadri, Fisher, Bennett
    LW: Hall, Zetterberg, Galchenyuk, Huberdeau
    RW: Stamkos, Kesler, Little, Lindholm, Semin
    D: Weber, Hedman, OEL, Jones, Pouliot, Stone, Bieksa
    G: Talbot, Allen, Mrazek, Gibson

    Bench: Draisaitl, Barzal, Rantanen, Zacha, Konecny, Horvat, Goldobin, Kapanen, Ritchie // Nurse, Ristolainen, Theodore, Nesterov, Vainio

  11. #11
    ross10019's Avatar
    ross10019 is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,737
    Location
    New York, NY
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports All-Star

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish View Post
    That matched with his young 18 year old age. The kid will put up some big numbers. Granlund might have him covered as far as points go next year but after that i see Big Nich as a 70+ guy going forward.
    I think Granlund's a pretty safe bet for 70+ too. Thus one is close, especially seeing how good each kid was in the crucible if Olympic competition - Granlund was a legit no 1 C and matched up well even against Crosby. Nich was a cycling beast. In a points only it's a toss-up but w sog I might give Nich the edge.

    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

    Twitter: @ross10019

    CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

    Montreal Maulers - 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Kopitar/Stamkos/Spezza/Soderberg
    W: Zetterberg/Eberle/Hornqvist/Pominville/Huberdeau/Ennis/Perron/Slepyshev
    D: Karlsson/Weber/Burns/Byfuglien/Gardiner
    G: Lundqvist/Holtby/Ramo

  12. #12
    mounD's Avatar
    mounD is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,792
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I think Granlund's a pretty safe bet for 70+ too. Thus one is close, especially seeing how good each kid was in the crucible if Olympic competition - Granlund was a legit no 1 C and matched up well even against Crosby. Nich was a cycling beast. In a points only it's a toss-up but w sog I might give Nich the edge.
    Physical, possession monsters tend to be better players in multi-cat formats than guys with "elite" vision. I think the higher SOG/PIM ceiling (mentioned earlier) is a great way to differentiate between two relatively equally valued youngsters.
    Pittsburgh Penguins -- NHLFL
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Salary cap Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 5BN (IR) + 25 AHL + 10 juniors (60 total)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blk, FW // W, GAA, Saves, Sv%, SHO

    C: Backstrom, Eichel, Kadri, Fisher, Bennett
    LW: Hall, Zetterberg, Galchenyuk, Huberdeau
    RW: Stamkos, Kesler, Little, Lindholm, Semin
    D: Weber, Hedman, OEL, Jones, Pouliot, Stone, Bieksa
    G: Talbot, Allen, Mrazek, Gibson

    Bench: Draisaitl, Barzal, Rantanen, Zacha, Konecny, Horvat, Goldobin, Kapanen, Ritchie // Nurse, Ristolainen, Theodore, Nesterov, Vainio

  13. #13
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Novice

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Physical, possession monsters tend to be better players in multi-cat formats than guys with "elite" vision. I think the higher SOG/PIM ceiling (mentioned earlier) is a great way to differentiate between two relatively equally valued youngsters.
    Care to elaborate or give specific examples?

  14. #14
    mounD's Avatar
    mounD is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,792
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Grandlund or Nichuskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jussin88 View Post
    Care to elaborate or give specific examples?
    Malkin, Crosby, Jamie Benn, Neal, Kunitz, Perry, Getzlaf, Backes, Hall, Kane > Backstrom, Zetterberg, P.Kane, Kessel, Seguin, etc.

    The guys on the right side of the list are great players, but I'd prefer just about everyone on the left side of the arrow in leagues with Hits/PIM.
    Pittsburgh Penguins -- NHLFL
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Salary cap Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 5BN (IR) + 25 AHL + 10 juniors (60 total)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blk, FW // W, GAA, Saves, Sv%, SHO

    C: Backstrom, Eichel, Kadri, Fisher, Bennett
    LW: Hall, Zetterberg, Galchenyuk, Huberdeau
    RW: Stamkos, Kesler, Little, Lindholm, Semin
    D: Weber, Hedman, OEL, Jones, Pouliot, Stone, Bieksa
    G: Talbot, Allen, Mrazek, Gibson

    Bench: Draisaitl, Barzal, Rantanen, Zacha, Konecny, Horvat, Goldobin, Kapanen, Ritchie // Nurse, Ristolainen, Theodore, Nesterov, Vainio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •