Thread: NHL.com

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default NHL.com

Who was the ****ing genius that redid NHL.com's homepage... what the **** is that monstrosity.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: NHL.com

it's not that much different. It looks nice, easy to use and understand.

Dobber Sports Star

That site is a waste of time. Non-stop videos starting all by themselves, and when I actually do want to watch one voluntarily, there is a 30 second commercial for an 18 second clip. Garbage.

Dobber Sports Guru

Woah. It looks terrible.
    What happened?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Star

I can't stand yahoos sports' new site either. What do you guys use to check box scores?

Dobber Sports Monster

I do not like how it auto-starts a video from NHL gamecenter. I know they want to preview that option for people purchase it but the auto start kills me. There is probably an option to check off for it to not do this but I have not really looked around the site to much. At first glance I do not like the look.

Dobber Sports Guru

I still go to Yahoo, but hate it too -- but since I have leagues there, it's easiest.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Whoa, wow..............that's awful.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Looks brutal, and now it takes an extra mouse click to get to the box scores. Weak.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I do not like how it auto-starts a video from NHL gamecenter. I know they want to preview that option for people purchase it but the auto start kills me. There is probably an option to check off for it to not do this but I have not really looked around the site to much. At first glance I do not like the look.
    agreed, I hate that more than almost anything, sites that auto-play videos when you hit the main page

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I don't mind the home page, but I agree with the auto-starts. I admire their attempts to stay ahead of the curve, but those big video boxes take an extra second to appear, so while my eyes are reading through the first line of the game summary...that line suddenly shoots down six inches and I have a seizure
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I can't stand yahoos sports' new site either. What do you guys use to check box scores?
    I use ESPN for box scores.
    Cleanest, most complete, easy to read box score. Includes FOW, Hit, Block, TOI, PPTOI.

Dobber Sports Master

It's definitely a lot busier and too busy for me.. but the headlines on the right and the boxscores seem just as easily accessible to me. I just click on scores and don't bother with any scroll down menus...

I absolutely hate the auto starts though. I can't stand that style of advertising. I also can't stand the 30 second adds for like 18 second clips and often the goal videos don't include replays... Come on, give us the replays...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Cleanest, most complete, easy to read box score. Includes FOW, Hit, Block, TOI, PPTOI.
    ESPN has a great looking site for checking box scores. All the stats available and easy to read. The only problem is that the NHL is buried way down the list of priorities however if you log-in and customize "my ESPN" or whatever it's called you can make the NHL #1.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Good to know, thanks for this! I'll be switching immediately, that NHL site with all the auto-vids and such is way too slow and busy for me now. I just want to be able to quickly and easily check to complete game stats without all the distractions and clutter.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon