Thread: Next year and beyond - Stewart or Iginla

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Next year and beyond - Stewart or Iginla

Given the league cats of G,A,STPTS,PIM and +/-, who do you like in the future?

Iginla is 10 years older and any year could see a huge decline in his numbers. He's going well in BOS now but where he signs next year will clearly affect his numbers.

Stewart has sucked this year (other than PIM) but next year is a contract year and rumours are he won't stick in BUF. He has the potential to be a beast in my league but has been way to inconsistent.

So do you gamble on Iginla being productive for a couple more years or on Stewart regaining his form from his COL days?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Administrator

Default Re: Next year and beyond - Stewart or Iginla

You shouldn't be worried about Iggy's age here. The real question is will Stewart himself be good enough. I'd avoid Stewart because of his ability to suck and ride Iginla into retirement. You get more immediate impact and you won't lose much (if anything) later when you find your Iggy replacement.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You shouldn't be worried about Iggy's age here. The real question is will Stewart himself be good enough. I'd avoid Stewart because of his ability to suck and ride Iginla into retirement. You get more immediate impact and you won't lose much (if anything) later when you find your Iggy replacement.
    I haven't completely lost faith in Stewart, though, I think he just didn't fit in Hitchcocks' extreme dump and chase game. A change of scenery might be just what he needs. On the other hand, who knows where he ends up and if he stays in BUF, his +/- will be horrendous. Hence, I'm hesitant to pull this move (I have Stewart). Why are you not concerned with Iggy's age?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Why are you not concerned with Iggy's age?
    It's not relevant for this question if Stewart can't get his production up to a relevant level and stay there. If you think Stewart will turn things around then he should be kept because his highs are very good. I'm just skeptical about his lows happening more frequently than they should. Iginla on the other hand is consistent.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take a 50 year old Iggy before I wasted a keeper spot on that plug Stewart. It's not the system, the guy has zero drive or heart.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Stud

Every year I get suckered into keeping Stewart, I've had him on my roster for 4 seasons now and every time I'm about to dump him he goes onto a ridiculous streak where he's lights out for a couple weeks or so. This year he had a 4 goal + 1assist game on route to winning player of the week a couple months ago. Having said that, I'm so sick of the guy and have come to realise that his potential will never match his output, he's the ultimate tease. So give me Iggy here.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's done. Traded Stewart for Iginla. The fact that I'm in the running for 1st place in a roto league and Stewart is out for the year was the clincher. So hopefully Iggy has a couple of years left and Stewart continues to be as inconsistent as ever.

Thanks guys for your input.

Dobber Sports Veteran

In most leagues I can't see Stewart as a valuable commodity so I'd definitely trade him for the immediate help of Iggy.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year