Thread: Should I go with Kuemper?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Should I go with Kuemper?

The wild have 5 games next week, the 2nd week in my weekly start H2H playoffs. How many games do you think he'll get? Would you start him over Varlamov or Lundqvist? Both have 3 games with a B2B, which likely means two starts.

Goalie Scoring: W=1/GA=-0.5/S=0.1/Shut Out=2

Kuemper 5: @Bos, @NYI, @NJ, Det, @Det (2 B2B)

Lundqvist 3: @Ott, @Cls, @NJ (1 B2B)

Varlamov 3: @Mon, @Wpg, Bos (1 B2B)

I...am your father.

Default Re: Should I go with Kuemper?

I think he gets two starts. I wouldn't play him over the other two
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I think he gets two starts. I wouldn't play him over the other two
    I'm surprised to hear that. They seem been going with him pretty consistently, even after the trade. I guess it's a real crapshoot though regardless.

Who do you like out of Lundqvist and Varlamov?

Dobber Sports Ace

Just wanted to revisit this, as the landscape seems to have shifted a little. Roy has explicitly said Varlamov will only start one game next week, based on recent history it's reasonable to expect Lundqvist will get two with Talbot getting the second of the B2B. Meanwhile, Kuemper has started every game except one since Bryzgalov was acquired. It seems reasonable to think he would get three starts, with the second of both B2B games going to Bryz.

Since Varly is out of the picture would you go with Lundqvist (2 starts probable with potential for 3) or Kuemper (3 starts probable with potential for 5)?

I'm still on the fence with this, so any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Dobber Sports Master

I think Kuemper gets three if not four of the next five starts. Bryzgalov was brought in to back him up and that is what he'll do this coming week barring any unforeseen injury to Kuemper.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Giant

I'll take two games from Lundvist over 3-4 from Kuemper. That' just me, and I'll always rely on my studs at this time of year. Kuemper is the man in Minny, but I just don't think I can value him over Lundy, even with the probable GP advantage.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks guys, appreciate the input! A win this week gets me in the money, so I'm agonizing over my roster decisions a little more than usual

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'll take two games from Lundvist over 3-4 from Kuemper. That' just me, and I'll always rely on my studs at this time of year. Kuemper is the man in Minny, but I just don't think I can value him over Lundy, even with the probable GP advantage.
    Previous years I would have said the same, but Lundqvist has been doing my no favours pretty much all season. Up till now I've been rolling with Varlamov more weeks than not.

This scoring set up really favours volume too, saves make up a big portion of the points for, so more starts is a pretty big deal (provided they aren't blow outs)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kuemper will get 3 starts definitely IMO, if not 4. Bryz isn't really a factor with the way Kuemper has been playing since Harding/Backstrom went down. Kuemper is actually 7th in league in both GAA and SV%, just not on league leaders page because he doesn't have enough starts yet.

I actually picked up Kuemper after his 3rd straight start way back when. He's the reason I climbed from 8th in the standings to 4th, where I'm currently at. I'd keep riding him this upcoming week too. Best of luck buddy, good luck getting that money!

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd