Thread: Free Agency Fantasy Takes

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Free Agency Fantasy Takes

I...am your father.

Default Re: Free Agency Fantasy Takes

Here's a teaser...

The free agent frenzy is upon us. We here at Dobber Football will guide you through the the muck and show you where to mine that fantasy gold. Let’s take a look at what happened to the fantasy stock of players changing teams through day 2 of free agency.

Stock rising:

Quarterbacks:

At the top of the quarterbacks list has to be Josh McCown who scored a two year deal in Tampa Bay. McCown is the favorite for the starting gig despite a better than expected season from Mike Glennon in 2013.

Running Backs:

Just days after the surprise retirement of Rashard Mendenhall, another ex-Steelers back joins the Arizona Cardinals and Bruce Arians when the team signed Jonathan Dwyer. I always liked Dwyer more than most. He is a big back that is tough to bring down and when he has room to build up a head of steam can really break some big runs. The addition of Jason Veldheer and the return of Jonathan Cooper to the offensive line will help open up holes for the Arizona running game. Andre Ellington is still the running back I want for fantasy purposes though.

After being stuck behind future first ballot HOFer Adrian Peterson for the last four years Toby Gerhart will finally get his shot at being the lead back. Gerhart has played well and produced in what limited opportunities he has had so I am excited to see what he can do in a lead role. With Chad Henne or a rookie at QB, Gerhart should be leaned on heavily to the tune of 250+ touches in 2014. He could produce like a RB2 at an RB3 or RB4 price tag. Anywhere after the 6th round seems like a huge bargain that could pay big dividends.

The Giants improved their running game by adding Rashad Jennings to the team. The team wants David Wilson to be the guy, but I don’t think there is better than a 50/50 shot at being medically cleared before the start of the season. If Wilson misses a significant amount of time, Jennings could easily finish as a top 20 fantasy running back in 2014

Wide Receivers:

(click the link above for the rest )
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

The Free Agent Frenzy continues! Lots of IDP content in today's ramblings. http://football.dobbersports.com/ind...51-mar-13-2014

Is anyone else eyeing the Chiefs signing of former CFL WR Weston Dressler as a late round sleeper in dynasty leagues? Those are the late round gems I love to snag.
    @SmittysRant