Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum concerns

The Great One

Default Forum concerns

Is anyone else having trouble visiting the forum on their android device? I keep getting popups and then it redirects me to another page.

Also, on desktop, the ads at the bottom of the page keeping playing. Is this done intentionally?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Forum concerns

NO and I'm trying to get them off - but I can't get an ad that plays audio these last three days. I need to get it because I know what to do to gather the info that the ad company needs in order to shut it off.

As for Android - I'm getting this optimized for mobile soon (again). But there should be no popups so I wonder if you have a virus?

For what it's worth, if anyone feels like doing this (just putting it out there, it's a huge hassle sorry), these are the steps I need to take if I see an audio ad:

To find the campaignID,

1) start up an inspector tool

- For chrome this is developer tools. It can be activated by hitting f12, ctrl+shift+i, or clicking the settings menu in the upper right, clicking tools and selecting developer tools.

- For firefox hit f12 or, if you have the firebug addon, click the icon.

- For IE hit f12.

2) while in your inspector tool hit ctrl+f (in chrome) and type campaignid the search field that pops up.

- In firebug there is a default search field.

3) there will likely be a few results for your campaignid search. For each result, hover your mouse over the line of code until you find one that pops up a icon over the offending creative that reads "0 px x 0 px".

4) once you've completed step three to ensure you're inspecting the correct ad, right click on the highlighted line of code and select "copy as HTML".

5) paste the copied HTML into a text document, word doc or email and send it over to me and I can forward it to the necessary people
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

To be clear -

I am dead against pop ups and absolutely loathe auto-playing audio ads, I don't care if it's 10 times the money I don't want them on my site, so if you ever see anything like this let me know. I don't mind audio/video if you have the option to press play. But I do mind if it auto-plays.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

I have the android problem too. I tried some other sites that use vb4 and had no problems, so I can only assume it is a dobber problem. Wierd spammy pop-ups and then automatic re-direction so other sites...

I...am your father.

Okay, 2 people see it...time to look closer. Turning on my Android (Galaxy Nexus) right now

I...am your father.

Clean your android free? OUCH

will check further

Dobber Sports Star

I use a nexus as well, if that might mean anything...

I...am your father.

I'm scanning the server, and the Android cleaner ad I am having removed. Was the the popup? It didn't shoot me to another site, so I wonder if I have the right one

Dobber Sports Star

There were a couple different ones lol. They aren't there all the time, but if another shows up I'll take a closer look and let you know.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am looking at one right now at the bottom of my screen for Pfizer's little blue pill. Shows some dude on a golf course with the phrase "Learn how to really mess up your short game". Annoying, but its a funny ad none the less.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Especially if you get shot to another site - tell me what site. This is concerning. As I said, they're scanning for viruses right now. Anyone have iphone issues?

Dobber Sports Guru

I have the same problem on my Android (Acer tablet). I have something called "Clean Master" that cleans up my tablet. When I'm on the forums, I get a popup notice from the app that says "The page at forums.dobbersports.com says: Your Android has been infected with a virus. Tap OK to remove now."

I can then click cancel or OK. My virus apps never find a virus. I also have no other problems with any other site.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Superstar

Haven't noticed any iPhone issues. In fact, things are looking pretty good via iPhone.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Looking into the issue. If you get a URL for a re-direct, please post.

I've had similar issues with mobile on other sites as well.

Dobber Sports Stud

I am using a Mac and am having pop-up ads ( different each page ) on every page I visit in the forum. I am using Firefox and at the top of the page it says "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page."

I'm also getting some virus warnings from my virus software.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic