Thread: Trade for Miller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade for Miller

Giving Away: 1st rnd, Brent Burns (D-eligible this yr, next yr??), Jaro Halak

Getting Back: 3rd rnd, Ryan Miller, Johan Franzen

I am battling for 1st and want to win. He is near the bottom. So my 1st rnd is almost an early 2nd. And his 3rd rnd is almost a late 2nd.

Thoughts?
    Yr 3 of 5 Yr - KEEP 4, 12 Manager, H2H - Category

16 man roster
    Daily ice: 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 D, 2 G

Player Cats: G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, +/-, PIM
    Goalie Cats: W, GAA, Sv%, SO (3 min starts/wk)

My Team (KEEPERS IN CAPS):
    G: RASK, Luongo
    D: Weber, Chara, Kronwall
    TOEWS C
    GETZLAF C
    Brassard C
    Datsyuk C,LW
    COUTURE C,LW
    Cammalleri C,LW
    Backes C,RW
    Franzen LW,RW (IR)
    Vertseeg LW,RW (IR)
    Roussel LW
    Okposo RW
    Iginla RW

Traded Away: 5th Round 2015
    Traded For: 7th Round 2015

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trade for Miller

Quote Originally Posted by mydogsnameiscrosby View Post
    Giving Away: 1st rnd, Brent Burns (D-eligible this yr, next yr??), Jaro Halak

Getting Back: 3rd rnd, Ryan Miller, Johan Franzen

I am battling for 1st and want to win. He is near the bottom. So my 1st rnd is almost an early 2nd. And his 3rd rnd is almost a late 2nd.

Thoughts?
    if you can get Miller for that take it any run. Miller is St Louis is a top 5 goalie vs Halak anywhere but Stlouis is not even a top 15. If I had Miller I would not be moving him.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Administrator

I'm not so sure this is the best deal available to you. I mean, to part with your first you should be hitting a home run. Miller is a great upgrade but you start three D and Burns is the best of the bunch. Between losing him and Martin being injured that leaves you with one D healthy defenseman in Green who could hit the IR any moment now because that's his nature.

So it may be a good deal but it doesn't solve all of your problems. I'd be looking for the move that knocks it out of the park. Addition without the subtraction.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This feels like a good move to me - especially considering it is Miller and a lot of GMs have been overpaying for him. The draft pick gap isn't massive and you're getting a significant upgrade over Halak in net.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys I made the trade. I obviously do NOT like giving Burns away at all. In fact, working on trying to get him back now lol.... but that's for another thread. Getting Franzen back helps offset losing Burns in my view but cannot compare given Burns is slotted as a D. If Burns got me PP points it might change things but its unfortunate he can't make the PP in SJ b/c they are so strong. Another consideration is mine will be a late 1st and his an early 3rd, making it almost an early 2nd for late 2nd kind of trade. Don't get me wrong though he will definitely be getting a much better player next year with my 1st rnd pick.

I think the bottom line for me is that I should own the goalie cats in coming years by keeping Rask + Miller. Thx!
    Yr 3 of 5 Yr - KEEP 4, 12 Manager, H2H - Category

16 man roster
    Daily ice: 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 D, 2 G

Player Cats: G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, +/-, PIM
    Goalie Cats: W, GAA, Sv%, SO (3 min starts/wk)

My Team (KEEPERS IN CAPS):
    G: RASK, Luongo
    D: Weber, Chara, Kronwall
    TOEWS C
    GETZLAF C
    Brassard C
    Datsyuk C,LW
    COUTURE C,LW
    Cammalleri C,LW
    Backes C,RW
    Franzen LW,RW (IR)
    Vertseeg LW,RW (IR)
    Roussel LW
    Okposo RW
    Iginla RW

Traded Away: 5th Round 2015
    Traded For: 7th Round 2015

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd do that trade. Burns has burned me with his injuries so I'm a little biased but Miller in St.Louis is money.