Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goligoski, Maata or Voynov over Fowler?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goligoski, Maata or Voynov over Fowler?

Looks like Fowler is slowing down when it counts ... too many minutes taking its toll?

Would you drop Fowler for any of these guys? I only need to worry about week 23 and 24 (I have a bye for week 22 already). Or should I stay put? All three players have 1 extra game over Fowler for those two weeks. And with the postponed Dallas game tonight, who knows when that will be played, could give another game in hand as well.

Available on the FA:

Goligoski (decent SOG, Hits and putting up the points)
    Maata (Similar points as Goli or more? Hardly any hits)
    Voynov (great SOG,Hits, but lately not as offensive output as the first two)
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

I...am your father.

Default Re: Goligoski, Maata or Voynov over Fowler?

I'd drop him for Maatta. I don't think there is a downside to that
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'd drop him for Maatta. I don't think there is a downside to that
    Thanks Dobber. How many more points do you think Maatta will put up over Goligoski? I am liking the additional hits that Goli gives me so I'm leaning towards him...
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Maatta over Golo. Maatta has been a steady producer most of this year and Golo has been known to disappear for long lengths of time in Dallas.

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

The Great One

I'd actually grab Goligoski. The Dallas/Columbus game is likely to be played on April 9, and if not that day, then on the 14th or 15th, so your strategy to get in the extra game from Goligoski is a good one. Not to mention that Goligoski, and the entire Dallas team, has been on fire lately.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yea Golo is probably the very slightly better option right now, but if Dallas/Golo starts to go cold I'd grab Maatta in a heartbeat. Don't sleep on Maatta. 5G, 14 pts, 5PPP in last 18 games.

GMHL Dynasty
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Goligoski definitely has the easier remaining schedule haha

GMHL Dynasty
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Picks Owned:

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity14 View Post
    Yea Golo is probably the very slightly better option right now, but if Dallas/Golo starts to go cold I'd grab Maatta in a heartbeat. Don't sleep on Maatta. 5G, 14 pts, 5PPP in last 18 games.
    I would grab the best player nonetheless which is Maatta. Schedule or not, OM has the consistency to outproduce AG in the next few weeks.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

In weeks 23 and 24, both Maatta and Goligoski play 4 times per week, so games played isn't going to be a factor.

However, in an H2H league that counts Shots, HITs, and Points, I really think you have to go with Goligoski. Maatta and Goligoski are about even in points over the last 10 games, but Goligoski has significantly more HITs and Shots, which imo gives him a clear advantage over Maatta.

Plus, over the last 10 games, Goligoski has a better plus/minus rating and more PPP than Maatta (and both those cats are used in the OP's league also).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    In weeks 23 and 24, both Maatta and Goligoski play 4 times per week, so games played isn't going to be a factor.

However, in an H2H league that counts Shots, HITs, and Points, I really think you have to go with Goligoski. Maatta and Goligoski are about even in points over the last 10 games, but Goligoski has significantly more HITs and Shots, which imo gives him a clear advantage over Maatta.

Plus, over the last 10 games, Goligoski has a better plus/minus rating and more PPP than Maatta (and both those cats are used in the OP's league also).
    Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate the insight and info!

I felt Maatta and Goli are pretty equal, especially the last 10 games. but as SeaDawg pointed out my league counts HITS so that was a big factor. Goli's peripherals seem better at the moment, but I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on them both and if Goli drops in production I'll do a swap-out.

My playoff weeks are weeks 23 and 24 for this league. Both teams play 4 times but it is one game more than Fowler. *if* Dallas can play that extra game on week 24 that would be awesome!!

So votes for Voynov or Vlasic? (just throwing that one in the mix now)

Again thanks for the input, MUCH appreciated guys! Rep to you both

The Great One

Dallas definitely won't be playing a 5th game in week 24. An NHL team cannot play 3 days in a row. It's written into the CBA.

That's why speculation is the make up game will be on April 9. That is the only date available that wouldn't result in Columbus or Dallas playing 3 days in a row from now till the end of the season. The only other option is to play the game after the season is over and before the playoffs start, on April 14 or 15.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Dallas definitely won't be playing a 5th game in week 24. An NHL team cannot play 3 days in a row. It's written into the CBA.

That's why speculation is the make up game will be on April 9. That is the only date available that wouldn't result in Columbus or Dallas playing 3 days in a row from now till the end of the season. The only other option is to play the game after the season is over and before the playoffs start, on April 14 or 15.
    Damn, it was worth a shot I just looked through the schedule .. yeah, doesnt look like it'll fit anywhere for week 23 either.

So I took Goligoski for now because of better peripherals and we'll go from there. I have a BYE week next week and I'll see who is the hotter hand prior to the semi-finals. I get 4 moves per week.

I have so many pluggers playing right now because of my injuries (Nyquist, Granlund, Stempniak, Soderberg) and Kreider who's lost minutes to St Louis. I have two moves left for this week, but probably will wait until the end of the week to see if the bubble GM's make any desperation drops.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Goligoski's a bum.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by v105memorial View Post
    Goligoski's a bum.
    I get the hate for Goligoski...at times he plays soft, is prone to defensive-errors, and he teases us with unrealized offensive potential. Since his days in Pittsburgh, everyone wanted him to score 60 pts. It doesn't help either that he was traded for Neal. I think what we have now in Goligoski is a player that was so overrated at one point that he is now underrated.

Despite all the hate for Goligoski, he puts up "reasonable" points. Last year, he was on pace for 47 pts (in a full season). This season, he has 31 pts (many of those coming of late) and will once again score close to 40. He's really only had 5 full seasons in the NHL and his lowest point total was 30 in 71 games.

He will never score 60 pts as some thought he would, but he is still a relatively consistent offensive dman. As I said recently in another thread, any dman who scores 30+ pts is a valuable commodity in fantasy hockey, unless you play in very shallow leagues. I am in 5 keeper leagues, and in all those leagues we can only hope that all our dmen score over 35 pts.

It is understandable to hate Goligoski for not living up to the hype some people threw on him, but you can't let that cloud your judgement. He is still a valuable fantasy option in most leagues.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The honest truth is that I hate Goligoski because he's a former gopher. Most of those guys are overrated bums.

But even without that bias, he disappears for vast stretches of time and cannot be found. Sure he can get hot, and seems to be now. But with a guy like Maatta available logging big minutes on a better deeper team I'd make that move.

I will concede though that if Goligoski can stay lukewarm at least he is logging bigger PP minutes, and that would be a bonus.