Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: St Louis Trade Grade

Dobber Sports Titan

Default St Louis Trade Grade

After a couple of days of negotiations, I pulled the trigger on acquiring St Louis. I think I over paid a bit, but I’m in first and going for the repeat championship because I’ve been running my mouth a bit. I sent Jeff Skinner and a 9th round for St Louis and a 14th.

My plan is to keep St Louis this yearr for sure, HOPEFULLY snag Kuznetsov this yearr, don’t keep him but guarantees he’s thrown into the re-draft. Draft him and he would be my 2014-2015 season keeper replacement. I can see St Louis retiring after his contract is finished. Just a plan, chances are it will change greatly.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: St Louis Trade Grade

can your trades keep up with your mouth? good luck
    12 team points league 18 keepers G, A, , PPP, SOG, HITS, BLOCKS, FOW, W, GA, SV, SV%, SO

C... Bergeron,Toews, Zetterberg, Pavalski, Hanzel, and Dano
    LW..Neal, Abdelkader, Belesky, Teravainen
    RW...Kane, Stone, Stenpniak, Oshie
    D...Josi, Lindholm, Goligoski,Niskanen, Dumba, Chara, Russel
    G...Bob, Pavelec, and Talbot

Dobber Sports Master

That was a steal. You slid down 5 spots and upgraded considerably the player you had. You will be fine. Good luck for the title run, but don't put the cart before the horse!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm actually going to go against agentzero and say I'm not big on it. St. Louis is a 75 pt guy (and maybe less depending on how he clicks with his new linemates - should be fine though), while I see Skinner as a 70+ pt guy. So, you don't really get a "definite" upgrade, meanwhile you gave up the better keeper and a draft pick. It's not like you "lost" the trade by a landslide; I just don't see the purpose in giving up the better keeper and a draft pick for what is a questionable upgrade this year.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I'm actually going to go against agentzero and say I'm not big on it. St. Louis is a 75 pt guy (and maybe less depending on how he clicks with his new linemates - should be fine though), while I see Skinner as a 70+ pt guy. So, you don't really get a "definite" upgrade, meanwhile you gave up the better keeper and a draft pick. It's not like you "lost" the trade by a landslide; I just don't see the purpose in giving up the better keeper and a draft pick for what is a questionable upgrade this year.
    Good points. In fact, the fact that NYR seems to be fantasy dearth is what kept me from being 100% about this.. but I still think the player upgrade is clear. He will at least get 1 more year of St-Louis at elite to very good level of production in St-Louis and while Skinner is a very good keeper, in a window of 1.5-2 years, I am more than comfortable saying that St-Louis is a clear upgrade, for many reasons including but not limited to injuries, which Skinner just loves. My philosophy is to never build beyond a 3 year ish window anyway, so perhaps this is what biased my advice.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

When has St Louis ever been a 75-point guy? He's a point-per-game plus player in 6 of the last 9 seasons and. He should be good for around 80-85 points with the potential for more if he clicks. Albeit he is bound to start slowing down at some point but how long did we say that about Selanne? I think Marty has at least 2 good years left, with the potential for 4.

Skinner is a great talent but he's not on the same level.

I think this was a great trade for both teams. The contender gets the upgrade now while the rebuilding team looks towards the future.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

thanks guys, good input all around. I was getting fed up with skinner getting 15 points in 10 games, then 2 points in 10 games. I stole skinner in a trade because the guy didn't like his streaky-ness. 1 year later I'm doing the same thing.

I watched a couple of NYR games with St louis on it, and the chemistry between him and Richards is insane. It's like they were on the Lightning again. My biggest worry is what jcairns pointed out; if St Louis and Skinner do the exact same points wise. I can only see this happening if Skinner gets hot again.

Both players are the "how long will they be producing like this for?"
    St Louis is how long can he keep it going?
    Skinner is how long till he keeps it going?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    When has St Louis ever been a 75-point guy? He's a point-per-game plus player in 6 of the last 9 seasons and. He should be good for around 80-85 points with the potential for more if he clicks. Albeit he is bound to start slowing down at some point but how long did we say that about Selanne? I think Marty has at least 2 good years left, with the potential for 4.

Skinner is a great talent but he's not on the same level.

I think this was a great trade for both teams. The contender gets the upgrade now while the rebuilding team looks towards the future.
    He hasn't ever been a 75 pt guy, but that's what I think he is going forward (and I have both St Louis and Skinner as keepers on my team, and I love MSL). He played first line in Tampa, was logging 21:41 per game with 3:27 on the PP.

In NY, St. Louis is logging 18:47 per game and 2:36 on the PP. So, he's playing 3 minutes less per game and 1 minute less on the powerplay. Sure, that is only over a 3 game average and may change, but he won't be getting as much ice time in NY as he was in Tampa, that's for sure. If those average minutes hold, I could easily see a 5 point drop from 80 to 75. And without a guy named Stamkos on his wing that can consistently hit 50+ goals, I can't see him hitting ppg+ numbers ever again.

I don't think he is a safe bet to hit 80 pts again; just a safe bet for 70+.

Dobber Sports Master

I don't think he is a safe bet to hit 80 pts again; just a safe bet for 70+.
    It's what I think as well, however to that point: 1) When has Skinner ever been a safe bet to hit 70+ and what indications do you have that he will be anytime soon? 2) When has Skinner ever been a safe bet?

I think it was an easy trade to pull, even in a dynasty keeper. Your points are not without merit, however.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

well a month down the road and i regret doing this trade haha

Dobber Sports Superstar

20/20 hindsight is easy, don't think it was a bad trade at the time - see what happens in playoffs and then next season for St. Louis. I don't like Skinners streakiness, especially in my weekly start league, as he was on the bench for a few hot streaks and in the starting lineup for some zero weeks in a points only league. How did you end up?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Master

It was a smart bet. Even the best bets sometimes don't pay off. St-Louis is far from done. I still think you upgraded rather clearly.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

I lost in the finals 6-2. I couldn’t believe it. No one did well on my team that week, and my depth players did squat. Stamkos 1 goal -5, Voracek 1 assist -1, Karlsson 1 assist, St Louis 1 goal, JvR 2 points. Rask had a 0.898S% too. My team had an off week at the wrong time.
    Well I at least have a better draft pick position now. I also have a lot of thinking to do as per keepers. I keep 6 and I’m thinking Rask, Stamkos, Karlsson, Backstrom, JvR, and I’m split on whos the 6th. St Louis, E.Kane, or Voracek? I am also looking around to see if I can ship all 3 out for an upgraded keeper, no luck so far

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    well a month down the road and i regret doing this trade haha
    I wouldn't regret the trade. I wouldn't have done it, but I can see why you did it. You should regret running your mouth. Fantasy gods always pay you back for that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I lost in the finals 6-2. I couldn’t believe it. No one did well on my team that week, and my depth players did squat. Stamkos 1 goal -5, Voracek 1 assist -1, Karlsson 1 assist, St Louis 1 goal, JvR 2 points. Rask had a 0.898S% too. My team had an off week at the wrong time.
    Well I at least have a better draft pick position now. I also have a lot of thinking to do as per keepers. I keep 6 and I’m thinking Rask, Stamkos, Karlsson, Backstrom, JvR, and I’m split on whos the 6th. St Louis, E.Kane, or Voracek? I am also looking around to see if I can ship all 3 out for an upgraded keeper, no luck so far
    Do you have to decide right now? Wait to see if EKane gets traded, but I'd probably lean to Voracek or St. Louis based on your cats