Thread: Luongo Trade

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Luongo Trade

I'm gonna make the playoffs for sure in my league in sig. I'm in good shape to win this year. I have interest in Luongo. I have 3 starting goalies and there are about 5 teams that only have 1 after all the moving around that happened at the deadline. our league's deadline is on this coming wednesday. I've been playing around with the idea of making a trade now that Rinne is back. without shopping him at all I have an offer right now of Wayne Simmonds who is a very good multi cat player. He's worth a lot in our format with having Pim's and Hits both count. I could most likely squeeze more out of him. We can only keep 2 goalies going into the next season so I have to move one of the 3 anyways at some point. The problem with making the trade is if one of my other two goalies go down with an injury then I'm in trouble not having Luongo there as insurance. My main competition has 2 goalies Crawford and Schneider and has been a little better then me in hits and pims all season.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Should I roll the dice and hope Rinne and Bishop stay healthy, Or hold on to Luongo as insurance?

Thanks
    16 teams, 28 man roster, 15 keepers, 2 IR
    Multi Cat, H2H, Keepers in bold
    daily line-up 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D and 2G
    Skaters G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, GWG, FOW, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF(points by defense), SHP
    Goalies GS, W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

C Toews, Giroux, Crosby, Legwand, Eakin
    LW E. Kane, Hartnell, Neal, Roussel, Abdelkader, Pouliot
    RW Wheeler, Callahan, Lecavalier, Neil, Wingels,
    D Weber, Yandle, Shattenkirk, J. Schultz, Sekera, Beauchemin, Wideman, Hamonic, Lovejoy
    G Rinne, Bishop, Luongo

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Luongo Trade

I think you should stand pat with what you have. Luongo is a guaranteed start for the Panthers and I think Rinne is going to be huge for owners down the stretch with the playoffs around the corner. A lot of poolies would kill to have the three goalies you do.