Thread: Need to drop someone

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Need to drop someone

With the news that kuznetsov is about to join the caps, I need opinion on wether I should drop someone from my roster to make room for him? I'm up against the cap currently. I only have 22 players out of a possible 23 man roster. Should I drop someone ASAP? Or should I let him stay in the minors this year with the intent to bring him up next year? Team and league stats in sig

Thanks
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Need to drop someone

Let him marinate in the minors for a bit. I don't see him really making much of an impact this season. He'll have his moments but nothing earth shattering.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Need to drop someone

You should probably make room for Kuznetsov. He'll have a much higher ceiling than the prospects at the low end of your roster (especially if he can somehow play regularly with OV) My advice would be to drop Roussel.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK