Thread: I hope I've done enough going into the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Star

Default I hope I've done enough going into the playoffs.

Our league had a crazy trade deadline yesterday. I was quiet, my move was a week ago adding Landeskog for a 6th, grabbing Zuccarallo of waivers and having Halak/Lack go from backups to starters overnight. But yesterday everyone else went buck wild trading high picks for rentals. The team in 2nd has traded away a 1st, 2nd, 4th and an 8th, getting back guys like St. Louis, Nash, Ryan and Subban. Another team grabbed JVR/5th for a 3rd...I thought I made a better offer which would have seen him add Buff as his 4th keeper but what can you do. The one saving grace is my keepers are playing great and (fingers crossed) are healthy this year. Anyway, I'm always reluctant to trade a top 5 pick for a rental because in a keep 40 there's lots of top end talent in the redraft. Anyone else have a GM that trades picks like baseball cards?

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: I hope I've done enough going into the playoffs.

In my dynasty league, we keep 17 of our 20 player rosters. So we only have a three-round draft. With that said, we still had some pick movement. For example, one owner traded his 1st round pick for Steve Ott and an early 2nd rounder; nothing really dramatic or fancy. We tend to use our picks if we run out of weekly transactions, we dangle upgrades to the owners who have moves left, and ask them to pick up guys and trade them to us for upgrades; works pretty well!

I...am your father.

In one of my three keepers, we keep 12 and draft 13 each year. One guy has ZERO picks this draft, and a 12th and a 13th rounder in 2015. He does this in our baseball keeper too. He says he hates drafting and just goes nuts on the waiver wire after the draft, and then trades like crazy. The problem is, he's a 4th - 7th place finish each year, never to win never to lose (15 teams)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

We have one or two like that, but they're the opposite...never making a trade for fear of it not working out. So they keep the same middle of the road players and finish 6-8 usually. Never a thought of rebuilding either. I like the art of trading so much, at times I wish my team sucked so I could trade my assets for picks and up and comers. But then I realize winning is way more fun.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    In one of my three keepers, we keep 12 and draft 13 each year. One guy has ZERO picks this draft, and a 12th and a 13th rounder in 2015. He does this in our baseball keeper too. He says he hates drafting and just goes nuts on the waiver wire after the draft, and then trades like crazy. The problem is, he's a 4th - 7th place finish each year, never to win never to lose (15 teams)
    I wouldn't say that's a problem if he's having fun with it. If he hates the drafting....well, he's found something that works for him. I do wonder, though, if he's just too lazy to make a draft list? lol Doesn't take too much effort or thought to use the WW...