Thread: Ever see NHL'ers or other pro's downtown?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Ever see NHL'ers or other pro's downtown?

Like just doing your thing and then you see an NHL'er or some other hockey pro? I stopped and talked to Devin Setoguchi and Colton Yellowhorn in Price George before. They are both very nice. Saw Carey Price in Subway before, I saw him and said to my brother "man that guy looks like Carey" then we both were like naw can't be him. Then I heard him ordering a sub and said "sure sounds like him" and as soon as he walked out the door one of the subway employees runs into the back calling his buddy and starts pointing to Carey as he was walking out lol. Thought that was funny. He kept his head down the whole time, didn't look like he wanted to talk to anyone, just go in there and get out, so I didn't say anything to him.

I want to meet Nic Petan and PK Subban though

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Ever see NHL'ers or other pro's downtown?

Dale Weise used to live in my girlfriend's building before he got traded. One day we got in the elevator and he was with his dog, my girlfriend loves dogs so she was extremely playful with it. When we got to our floor and got out, I said 'That's Dale Weise, he plays for the Canucks' and she's like 'WHAT!!!!!!'

I saw Chris Higgins walking around downtown Vancouver as well.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    Dale Weise used to live in my girlfriend's building before he got traded. One day we got in the elevator and he was with his dog, my girlfriend loves dogs so she was extremely playful with it. When we got to our floor and got out, I said 'That's Dale Weise, he plays for the Canucks' and she's like 'WHAT!!!!!!'

I saw Chris Higgins walking around downtown Vancouver as well.
    Should have said "How bout dem canucks eh?" and pretend like you have no idea who he is :P

Dobber Sports Superstar

I used to live near a Starbucks that various Dallas Stars players would routinely stop at on the way from the training facility to the arena, so I'd see some of them quite often.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Monster

I forgot I met Gino Odjick at a work shop when I was like 15 or 16. He was really nice. Only thing I remember from the work shop was to work hard, get great results, get to eat out if you have a lot of money lol

Also met No Slack Eddie Shack when I was like 12 or 13.We argued with him for a good minute to get an autograph and the whole time he kept saying "I DONT HAVE TIME" lmfao. While we were kinda arguing he could have just done a quick autograph.Thought that was the funniest thing ever. Also met Tiger Williams. He seemed very quiet but nice. A kid gave him a hockey card of Tiger Williams to sign and he asked for a nail clipper to clip off the end of the card

When Carey Price was signing autographs in Price George I didn't know it was only for kids and I went up (i was like 19) and he just looked at me and signed his autograph lol

Dobber Sports Stud

I used to see Georges Laraque shopping at Save-on-Foods all the time when he used to live in Edmonton. My buddy lives next to Nick Schultz so he's wondering who his new neighbors are going to be this summer.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan712 View Post
    Should have said "How bout dem canucks eh?" and pretend like you have no idea who he is :P
    Haha no. The last thing I wanna hear about is work (let alone a smart ass talking about work) when I'm just going through my daily routine so I decided to be cool and anonymous
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Giant

My father owns a bar right across the street from Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA, and there have been players / coaches in there pretty regularly for the past couple years. i remember him telling me about the time he ate lunch with Dan Bylsma, fed the guy my mother's soup lol. Apparently he was just a super cool dude, willing to talk hockey, and he said he enjoyed my mom's cooking to boot.

Fun stuff.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

Once played ball hockey with Matt Cooke and Glenn Crawford (who captained the Spitfires at the time) in the mid 90's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've seen quite a few Canucks in Yaletown, downtown Vancouver. A lot of them live there. Other than that, when I was a kid I sat next to Trevor Linden at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Whistler - of all places. Haha.

Dobber Sports Stud

Whats the significance of "downtown"? Is it just where you live in your city? I've only seen one NHLer "downtown"(Calgary), and it was Andrew Ference, jaywalking in front of my car.
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

D-Carlson,Hedman,Pulock,Pionk,
    Klingberg,Addisson,Forsling,Korchinski

G-Hellebuyck,Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=3pts,T=1,SO=2,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty