Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: Alex Ovechkin

  1. #1
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Alex Ovechkin

    Soooooo I noticed today dude is -24 on the season. Like he's only +5 better than Yakupov. How can he be that low and that bad? Actually blew my mind. That is all.
    12 Team H2H Keeper, Keep 5, Keepers,
    Roster: 4C, 3RW, 3LW, 5D, 2U, 3B, 3IR, 4G (Start 2)
    Stats: G(3), A(2), +/-, PIM(0.5), PPP(2), SHP(3), GWG(2), SOG (0.1), HITS(0.1), BLKS(0.2), W(3), OTL (1), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3)

    C: Crosby, Seguin, Bonino
    LW: Benn, Hall, Parise, Huberdeau, Larkin (C/LW), Panarin (C/LW)
    RW: Pavelski (C/RW), Wheeler, Perry, Okposo, Radulov
    D: Byfuglien (D/RW), Josi, Doughty, Vatanen, Gostisbehere, Bogosian
    G: Schneider, Andersen, Hellebuyck, Vasylevskiy
    IR:

  2. #2
    Location
    SusquehannaValley
    Rep Power
    16

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    It's because he doesn't actually try to play defense. Whenever the puck goes the other way he just floats along until his team gets the puck again or they get scored against.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

    C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

    Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis


  3. #3
    gfhyde's Avatar
    gfhyde is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,661
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    22

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    I guess it's extreme one-way play, Caps let in a ton of goals too.

    See: Oilers
    Also see: Any time Yandle is on the ice
    16 team H2H cats, Keep 7, REBUILD YEAR
    2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G, 5Bn
    G, A, Pts, +-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, SH%, HIT, BLK, GWG, FO%, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO
    C - Crosby, Kopitar, Larkin
    LW - Foligno, Kreider
    RW - Toffoli, Kucherov
    D - Josi, Streit, Dumba, Martinez
    Util - R.Strome, Granlund
    G - Hellebuyck, Domingue, Raanta, Darling

    10 team H2H cats, Keep 4F1D1G
    3C 3LW 3RW 4D 2U 2G, 4Bn
    G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO
    C - Brassard, EStaal, Dubinsky
    LW - Benn, Lucic, Landeskog, Perreault
    RW - Backes, Johansen, Kesler, Simmonds
    D - Karlsson, Doughty, Yandle, Leddy, Niskanen
    Util - Scheifele, RNH(IR)
    G - Holtby, Andersen, Schneider

  4. #4
    27Blue's Avatar
    27Blue is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    No surprises. Alex is now a PP specialist who hurts his team at even-strength. Too bad Hunter is the only coach to have used him appropriately. Been saying for a few years that the Caps would be FAR better off trading him.

  5. #5
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    It's because he doesn't actually try to play defense. Whenever the puck goes the other way he just floats along until his team gets the puck again or they get scored against.
    I know this, I just didn't realize it was quite that bad.
    12 Team H2H Keeper, Keep 5, Keepers,
    Roster: 4C, 3RW, 3LW, 5D, 2U, 3B, 3IR, 4G (Start 2)
    Stats: G(3), A(2), +/-, PIM(0.5), PPP(2), SHP(3), GWG(2), SOG (0.1), HITS(0.1), BLKS(0.2), W(3), OTL (1), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3)

    C: Crosby, Seguin, Bonino
    LW: Benn, Hall, Parise, Huberdeau, Larkin (C/LW), Panarin (C/LW)
    RW: Pavelski (C/RW), Wheeler, Perry, Okposo, Radulov
    D: Byfuglien (D/RW), Josi, Doughty, Vatanen, Gostisbehere, Bogosian
    G: Schneider, Andersen, Hellebuyck, Vasylevskiy
    IR:

  6. #6
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,930
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Backstrom is 'only' a -12.....

  7. #7
    Location
    T.O
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    This thread hurts my head a little. So one of the top 5 goal scorers in the history of the league is garbage because his +/- (LMAO) is low for only the second time in his career. There are 100 other forwards in the league who are just as bad as Ovie in there own end and never get anything but praise on this forum and those guys bring nothing else to the table on top of scoring and Ovie doe's. He is one of the most physical forwards in the game and is relentless at pursuing the puck in both the offensive and neutral zones. The reason his totals are what they are this year is because Wash has the 2 or third worst D in the league and there Goal-tending has been a disgrace. His assist totals are down because his line mates are having career low years in SH%. He is 11 goals ahead of the second leading scorer in the league. Give me a break. Guy will put his garbage team on his back, like he did last year and lead them to the playoffs. Now that Halak is there and with Kuznetsov coming I expect a lot of people to look silly as they did last year. Fool me once shame on you, fool...........

    Plus Minus is the most useless IMO
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

    grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

  8. #8
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Ovi doesn't play in his own end, and the Caps are terri-bad defensively with brutal goaltending, that's why. Exciting player, will never be a winner.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

    F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

  9. #9
    27Blue's Avatar
    27Blue is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    This thread hurts my head a little. So one of the top 5 goal scorers in the history of the league is garbage because his +/- (LMAO) is low for only the second time in his career. There are 100 other forwards in the league who are just as bad as Ovie in there own end and never get anything but praise on this forum and those guys bring nothing else to the table on top of scoring and Ovie doe's. He is one of the most physical forwards in the game and is relentless at pursuing the puck in both the offensive and neutral zones. The reason his totals are what they are this year is because Wash has the 2 or third worst D in the league and there Goal-tending has been a disgrace. His assist totals are down because his line mates are having career low years in SH%. He is 11 goals ahead of the second leading scorer in the league. Give me a break. Guy will put his garbage team on his back, like he did last year and lead them to the playoffs. Now that Halak is there and with Kuznetsov coming I expect a lot of people to look silly as they did last year. Fool me once shame on you, fool...........

    Plus Minus is the most useless IMO
    I don't think anybody questions Ovie's ability to play physical or score goals.
    All this thread is about is what a TERRIBLE defensive player Ovie is.
    I think you are giving credit where it isn't due.
    Are you saying he isn't terrible defensively?

  10. #10
    kovalchuk17's Avatar
    kovalchuk17 is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Rep Power
    19

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    ovechkin is the guy on your beer league team that only tries his hardest when theres an offensive chance to be had. when he does get the puck, hes most likely not giving it back unless he absolutely has to. the term for this type of player is a black hole

    that being said, hes so good at scoring that you simply have to let him play like that and take the good with the bad. better this than a black hole that cant actually score lol
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

  11. #11
    sd1976's Avatar
    sd1976 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    902
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    This thread hurts my head a little. So one of the top 5 goal scorers in the history of the league is garbage because his +/- (LMAO) is low for only the second time in his career. There are 100 other forwards in the league who are just as bad as Ovie in there own end and never get anything but praise on this forum and those guys bring nothing else to the table on top of scoring and Ovie doe's. He is one of the most physical forwards in the game and is relentless at pursuing the puck in both the offensive and neutral zones. The reason his totals are what they are this year is because Wash has the 2 or third worst D in the league and there Goal-tending has been a disgrace. His assist totals are down because his line mates are having career low years in SH%. He is 11 goals ahead of the second leading scorer in the league. Give me a break. Guy will put his garbage team on his back, like he did last year and lead them to the playoffs. Now that Halak is there and with Kuznetsov coming I expect a lot of people to look silly as they did last year. Fool me once shame on you, fool...........

    Plus Minus is the most useless IMO
    Plesae give me a break. You did the same pumping of the tires on the HF Boards. It makes no sense there and makes none here. +/- is a usefull stat when compared to your team and a useless stat when compared to other teams. He is by far the worst player in that category on his team. Considering he has scored 43 goals and is still a -24, he should be ashamed.
    12 Team LIFETIME KEEPER POOL - top 6 D's, top 12 fwd, 1 Goalie (POINTS ONLY)

    FWD - Stamkos, Getzlaf, Staal, Semin, Voracek, Tlusty, Bergeron, Oshie, Parenteau, Galchenyuk, Purcell, Kulemin, Briere, Burrows, Franzen, Selanne, MacArthur, Dubinsky, Gagne

    Def - Edler, Muzzin, Phaneuf, Gonchar, Bieksa, Timonen, Pitkanen, Visnovsky, Staal

    Goalie - Miller, Lindback

  12. #12
    Location
    T.O
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I don't think anybody questions Ovie's ability to play physical or score goals.
    All this thread is about is what a TERRIBLE defensive player Ovie is.
    I think you are giving credit where it isn't due.
    Are you saying he isn't terrible defensively?
    No but it is absurd that he get's a different thread every other week when he is not playing well. When every other player forward in the league who is = as bad in there own zone never gets 1. They get "Damn Phil Kessel is a God". Or "Patrick Kane Is So GREAT". These players are just as useless in Phil's case more in there own zone and I have yet to see 1 thread criticizing them for it.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

    grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

  13. #13
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Just watch some of the recent footage of Ovi "back-checking" (I use that term extremely loosely) on goals that have been scored against. That should say it all.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

    F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

  14. #14
    Location
    T.O
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Quote Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
    Plesae give me a break. You did the same pumping of the tires on the HF Boards. It makes no sense there and makes none here. +/- is a usefull stat when compared to your team and a useless stat when compared to other teams. He is by far the worst player in that category on his team. Considering he has scored 43 goals and is still a -24, he should be ashamed.
    LMAO and 85% of the people who were not a leafs fan completely agreed with me and Laughed you guys out of the water. So what is your point. Post the thread here. You guys looked like fools!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

    grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

  15. #15
    Location
    T.O
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: Alex Ovechkin

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Ovi doesn't play in his own end, and the Caps are terri-bad defensively with brutal goaltending, that's why. Exciting player, will never be a winner.
    This is yet to be seen imo. The guy is has not missed the playoffs since his 2nd year in the league and is fifth among active players in ppg in playoff history. I just think he hasn't had the team surrounding him to do better. Time will tell I suppose. He is not going to win any selke's as he is bad in his own end but I think it get's blown out of proportion
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

    grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •