Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Enough for Giroux

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Enough for Giroux

Quote Originally Posted by vonderpibe View Post
    To put in perspective I had gotten consideration when I offered kopiatar and Richards for Giroux. I backed out because I would rather have the two, especially hoping new linemates would spark them.

The other GM wouldn't take anything less. He did consider kopiatar and a solid D but I wasn't willing to give up a D.
    You had the option to do this and didn't take it??????? Richards sucks, and although Kopitar is awesome in real life, Giroux >> Kopitar in fantasy. You should have taken that deal in a heartbeat. You would have given an aging and deteriorating 55-60 point player (that can be easily replaced on most waiver wires) and a 70- point player for a guy that will be ppg+ moving forward and has 100+ point upside in any given year.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I think you might want to woah on this one, lol. I don't want to get this thread off track, but I'm a die-hard Oiler and Taylor Hall fan, but even in a universe where Hall actually stays healthy for an entire season, Giroux is still the better fantasy asset. Hall still isn't anywhere close to flirting with 100 points in a season or being as valuable as Giroux is in fantasy.
    We don't know his categories so it's difficult to say, but Giroux isn't anywhere near 100 points either.

Hall is 3 years younger, and is on pace for more points than Giroux both this year and last year, and is a LW (shallowest position in fantasy).
    You can't look at Giroux's 93 point year and figure he is a 93 point guy; he had a career year early and hasn't come close since. He looks to be a 80-90 point guy; similar to Hall, but I prefer Hall for the reasons I mentioned above.

This article is a great reference piece on Giroux (even though it compares Seguin vs Giroux, it goes into detail on Giroux and what kind of player he is. He says 75-80, which I think is a bit low, but his points are valid.

Dobber Sports Wizard

You had the option to do this and didn't take it??????? Richards sucks, and although Kopitar is awesome in real life, Giroux >> Kopitar in fantasy. You should have taken that deal in a heartbeat.
    yeah this is correct right here, you should have taken that deal and laughed about it for years

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    We don't know his categories so it's difficult to say, but Giroux isn't anywhere near 100 points either.

Hall is 3 years younger, and is on pace for more points than Giroux both this year and last year, and is a LW (shallowest position in fantasy).
    You can't look at Giroux's 93 point year and figure he is a 93 point guy; he had a career year early and hasn't come close since. He looks to be a 80-90 point guy; similar to Hall, but I prefer Hall for the reasons I mentioned above.

This article is a great reference piece on Giroux (even though it compares Seguin vs Giroux, it goes into detail on Giroux and what kind of player he is. He says 75-80, which I think is a bit low, but his points are valid.
    Proven over potential. When Hall even gets 80 points, then talk to me. I don't know why some poeple are so down on Giroux. He was coming off a hand injury and had a brutal start when the entire team couldnt score. Since that first month, Giroux has been scoring at a 100 point pace, and with much less talented line-mates than Taylor Hall has. If and when Giroux gets some top level talent to play with on that top line, he will absolutely have 100 point potential any given season.....look what Seguin has done for Jamie Benn......a quality line-mate is going to bump his point total by 15 over his previous high. Voracek and Hartnell are ok, but they are not premier top line players in the NHL. Throw in the huge durability concerns for Hall and the hugely inferior team, and Giroux > Hall in my books.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Proven over potential. When Hall even gets 80 points, then talk to me. I don't know why some poeple are so down on Giroux. He was coming off a hand injury and had a brutal start when the entire team couldnt score. Since that first month, Giroux has been scoring at a 100 point pace, and with much less talented line-mates than Taylor Hall has. If and when Giroux gets some top level talent to play with on that top line, he will absolutely have 100 point potential every season.....look what Seguin has done for Jamie Benn......a quality line-mate is going to bump his point total by 15 over his previous high. Voracek and Hartnell are ok, but they are not premier top line players in the NHL.
    Your points are all fair, I just couldn't justify doing Hall+Landeskog+pick for Giroux. If anything, it should be Hall for Giroux straight up. The problem is I still expect RNH can improve a lot (of course), which will boost Hall, and you can't bank on the "if" Giroux gets better linemates. Is Giroux the more talented player? Arguably. Does that mean you should trade Hall+ for him? Not in my opinion.

But hey, as I said in my original post, Hall > or = to Giroux. As you could easily argue the = part. I actually think Giroux gets a lot of love on this forum and Hall doesn't get much (and I don't even really care for Hall).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a deep pool like yours that feels a bout right. H.Sedin is certainly on the decline, but should still carry significant value. Buff (assuming he always has D eligibility) will be a top 5 D man next year.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Ace

Early on in the season I trade Seguin for Giroux straight up. I think that's a fair trade.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

I was thinking of offering Buff and Hank for Giroux and Goli. Yes, that would have been a fleece job.
    14 Team Keeper League
    Keep 15
    Start 9F 5D 1G
    G A PIM GWG W SO OTL

Starters
    F: Pastrnak, Kaprizov, Lafrenniere, Pettersson, Raymond, Byfield, Rossi, Hayton, Arvidsson
    D: Seider, Hanifin, Drysdale, Boqvist, Shultz
    G: Demko

Bench:
    F: Pelletier, Noesen
    D: Lundkvist, Hutson, Nikishin, Addison, Spence, York, Zamula
    G: Levi, Wolf

IR: Fantilli, Sergachev

If I was a Giroux owner I'd be insulted by that offer. Sedin is done.
    I didn't think it would have been "insulting" but I figured I'd need to add something but was trying to determine what else. Buff is a top 5 Dman whereas Giroux is potentially a top 5 Forward. My thoughts were that this would partially offset the deal, especially as dmen are a lot more difficult to come by
    14 Team Keeper League
    Keep 15
    Start 9F 5D 1G
    G A PIM GWG W SO OTL

Starters
    F: Pastrnak, Kaprizov, Lafrenniere, Pettersson, Raymond, Byfield, Rossi, Hayton, Arvidsson
    D: Seider, Hanifin, Drysdale, Boqvist, Shultz
    G: Demko

Bench:
    F: Pelletier, Noesen
    D: Lundkvist, Hutson, Nikishin, Addison, Spence, York, Zamula
    G: Levi, Wolf

IR: Fantilli, Sergachev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Byfuglien is a huge asset in fantasy pools, and this offer would intrigue me, but I think I'd decline the offer. Giroux is a top-10 talent and he is ROLLING now. I think if this trade was offered at the beginning of the season, you might have had a chance to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    I thought I'd just throw this out there since I'm also in the process of trying to get Giroux.

I'm going to offer Taylor Hall and Gabriel Landeskog and a mid round pick. Would that get it done or not even close?
    As good as Giroux has been I actually have Hall slightly above him long term. If anything I would try to do Hall for Giroux straight if you're really looking to acquire him. Adding Landeskog may tip the deal in your opponents favour IMO.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    As good as Giroux has been I actually have Hall slightly above him long term. If anything I would try to do Hall for Giroux straight if you're really looking to acquire him. Adding Landeskog may tip the deal in your opponents favour IMO.
    Yeah, I've been thinking that's too much. Maybe Hall and a pick. But I think now might not be the best time to go for Giroux seeing how he's ripping the league apart.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    I thought I'd just throw this out there since I'm also in the process of trying to get Giroux.

I'm going to offer Taylor Hall and Gabriel Landeskog and a mid round pick. Would that get it done or not even close?
    That's a strong offer. If it was presented to me, it would come down to who I had to cut to take on the extra player.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik