Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enough for Giroux

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Enough for Giroux

I am looking to acquire Giroux. Is H Sedin and Byfuglien enough for Giroux and Enstrom? or Giroux and Goligoski? Or is that overpayment? He has Suter but I think asking for that in return is quite lofty.

So if you stick with Enstrom or Goligoski who would you rather have? I need a dman back as the waiver has been picked clean

Thanks
    14 Team Keeper League
    Keep 15
    Start 9F 5D 1G
    G A PIM GWG W SO OTL

Starters
    F: Pastrnak, Kaprizov, Lafrenniere, Pettersson, Raymond, Byfield, Rossi, Hayton, Arvidsson
    D: Seider, Hanifin, Drysdale, Boqvist, Shultz
    G: Demko

Bench:
    F: Pelletier, Noesen
    D: Lundkvist, Hutson, Nikishin, Addison, Spence, York, Zamula
    G: Levi, Wolf

IR: Fantilli, Sergachev

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Enough for Giroux

Marine - I don't know how bad the other team needs D-help or how strong their fwds which would facilitate moving Giroux.
    However, at a glance, if I were the Giroux owner, I'd pass. It isn't insulting but Giroux is on a roll making up for lost time...rekindling memories of when he was in "the Big Four" discussion. This move woudl have been better perceived early on in the year. His owners will now want payback rewarding their patience. Sedin is looking his age and Torts is accelerating his aging. I typically overpay for a star so I'd try and move Okposo as part of the package. Maybe they still have fond memories of when he once played with JT.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Pro

No offence but that offer is not even close. Your going to have way more then that to get it done.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Agreed with the above poster. I have Giroux and there is no way I'd consider any package centrered around a Sedin for him. You'd have to overpay with a player that is just below Giroux (Sedin is well below at this point) and some other nice pieces. Looking at your roster, something like Backstrom and Buff for Giroux straight up might pique my interest depending on who I had to drop to make room for Buff.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Monster

I thought I'd just throw this out there since I'm also in the process of trying to get Giroux.

I'm going to offer Taylor Hall and Gabriel Landeskog and a mid round pick. Would that get it done or not even close?

Dobber Sports Monster

To the OP, I would say that gets rejected. I dont think people are eager to add Sedins right now, especially when one of them is out (reducing the value of the other).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Giroux>Sedin, now and forever
    Byfuglien>Enstrom by a wide margin in roto leagues

Sedin and Enstrom are historically good for points but garbage for peripheral stats. If you can obtain Giroux/Buff for those two I would consider it a fleece job.

PTKL (Pts,W,SO,SV,-GA)
    11 teams, 20-man rosters, top 9F, 4D, 1G count

NCHA (G,A,SOG,PIM,PPP,HIT,BS,FOW,W,SO,GAA,SV%)
    10 teams, weekly lineups, 20-man pro team, 30-man farm team

Dobber Sports Veteran

If I was a Giroux owner I'd be insulted by that offer. Sedin is done.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    If I was a Giroux owner I'd be insulted by that offer. Sedin is done.
    Weren't you a giroux owner up to a few days ago? Karlsson, yea

As a current giroux owner I'd decline, but yes, you should try to get him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Weren't you a giroux owner up to a few days ago? Karlsson, yea

As a current giroux owner I'd decline, but yes, you should try to get him.
    Yup, traded him for Karlsson. I mentioned in the 'Giroux is Good' thread that the only way I would have traded him as an owner is if one of Crosby, Stammer, Ovi, Malkin or Karlsson was coming back as part of the deal. Sedin is a few tiers below Giroux at this point and the gap is only going to widen.......Buff over Enstrom doesnt come close to making up the difference, and this constitutes a borderline lowball offer in my books.

If you are serious about getting Giroux, get serious with your offer, that's my advice. If you really want to get a player, starting off with an offer like this is often counter-productive as it just pisses the other manager off and tells them you are only looking to vulture players and aren't serious about making a reasonable deal. Looking at your roster, unless you are willing to include Backstrom, Perry or Lundy in a deal, I wouldn't even bother.....especially when Giroux is red hot and Sedin is an old man that hasn't scored in 2 months and is on a team swirling down the shitter, lol.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    I thought I'd just throw this out there since I'm also in the process of trying to get Giroux.

I'm going to offer Taylor Hall and Gabriel Landeskog and a mid round pick. Would that get it done or not even close?
    Woah woah woah. Do NOT offer that. Why would you do that? Hall > or = Giroux on his own.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Woah woah woah. Do NOT offer that. Why would you do that? Hall > or = Giroux on his own.
    Okay haha. I actually hadn't tabled anything yet. I was going to offer Staal and Landeskog first anyways. Is that still too much for 1 guy?

It's hard to find that exact point between overpaying and underpaying when trying to get an elite player like Giroux.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I think you might want to woah on this one, lol. I don't want to get this thread off track, but I'm a die-hard Oiler and Taylor Hall fan, but even in a universe where Hall actually stays healthy for an entire season, Giroux is still the better fantasy asset. Hall still isn't anywhere close to flirting with 100 points in a season or being as valuable as Giroux is in fantasy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

To put in perspective I had gotten consideration when I offered kopiatar and Richards for Giroux. I backed out because I would rather have the two, especially hoping new linemates would spark them.

The other GM wouldn't take anything less. He did consider kopiatar and a solid D but I wasn't willing to give up a D.
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Okay haha. I actually hadn't tabled anything yet. I was going to offer Staal and Landeskog first anyways. Is that still too much for 1 guy? It's hard to find that exact point between overpaying and underpaying where you can get an elite player like Giroux.
    Dude, Staal and Landeskog is a lowball offer, I thought that has been covered. Two average/good players do not land you a superstar....it's quality NOT quantity. You have to give to get my friend. You need to offer Backstrom or Perry in a deal if you are serious about getting him IMO