Thread: Two Trades * REP*

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Two Trades * REP*

1.) My Kadri his Bozak

Kadri isn't a keeper for me after this year and I can't trust gabby going into the playoffs to not get injured. In our league we are not allowed to make claims during the playoff weeks. If I do this trade I lock up the crappy Canucks tandem but also drop enough salary to maneuver my whole farm so in essence I gain access to "another player." Also Bozak has been absolutely golden this year and is a top 10 C in our league.

2.) Grab Johnson for a second rounder

I get Chad Johnson for inurance against a Rask injury down the stretch and am forced to move out Timmy T for a bag of pucks.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Two Trades * REP*

Anyone?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd say the Johnson move was a smart idea, doesn't cost you TOO much considering you have an already really competitive team.

I'm liking the Bozak for Kadri trade too, but it's bit of a wash overall. (Bozak's older, but scoring more right now. Bozak gets more FOW, but you give that up in Hits, etc.)

Dobber Sports Giant

Yep, i think trade 1 is OK. Generally not a fan of giving up a guy with Kadri's upside for Bozak, but you can't deny how well he's played this season. I guess since there's no keeper significance you can chalk this one up in the 'W' column. I probably would, given your situation.

As for trade 2, I think you pulled off another solid move. It's arguably a high price to pay for a backup goalie, but Johnson has been getting a good amount of starts and has been lights-out whenever he's between the pipes. Locking up BOS tandem is a huge win for you going into the playoffs. Overall, I think you perhaps overpaid a bit in making these moves; however, their benefit to your team will probably more than justify the price you paid. +1
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Both moves are okay. Bozak seems to be undervalued. He is playing on the top line in Toronto, and he production has been great. The second trade wasn't a bad move either, but I expect Johnson's numbers to dip with Stammer coming back.