Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Vancouver......wow

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Vancouver......wow

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Honestly, in 2 years, I think the Oliers will start finishing ahead of Vancouver in the standings, with Van and Calgary rounding out the bottom of the division for years to come.
    Well... with 3 first overall draft picks in the line-up (and 6 top 10 picks in the last 7 years) it would be nice for the Oilers to start finishing ahead of somebody...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Well... with 3 first overall draft picks in the line-up (and 6 top 10 picks in the last 7 years) it would be nice for the Oilers to start finishing ahead of somebody...
    You're telling me!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Padawan

Given my extreme hatred for anything Vancouver Canucks, I too am surprised that I haven't blasted them at all -- I don't think I've even posted in this thread yet.

So, as a Hawk fan who has definitely felt the sting of failure, the embarrassment of incompetent management, I say this to the Canucks organization and fans:

"Suck it."

That is all.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Given my extreme hatred for anything Vancouver Canucks, I too am surprised that I haven't blasted them at all -- I don't think I've even posted in this thread yet.

So, as a Hawk fan who has definitely felt the sting of failure, the embarrassment of incompetent management, I say this to the Canucks organization and fans:

"Suck it."

That is all.
    Yeah, well when Kane and Toews are the wrong side of 32 and your team is crumbling around them don't come crying to me...

I mean it, 8 years and maybe a few more Cup parades from now you'll be on your own and... err... sh!t.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    The Canucks biggest problem is a lack of leadership on all levels, they need to bring back the best leader to ever grace their franchise with his presence

I've never understood the hatred expressed by Canuck fans towards Messier???

What's the deal?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Wow, those are some rosy glasses you are wearing! How in the heck could this team be in contention in 2 years? The Sedins will be even older and less effective, Kessler will be gone, and their goaltending will still have been decimated for zero return. Sorry to break the news to ya buddy, but the window to contend or win in the near future has been slammed shut. Have a look at that division, there is zero chance Vancouver can match up against SJ, LA, ANA......there's no way they even finish top 3 in their division in the next 2 years, never-mind contend. Honestly, in 2 years, I think the Oliers will start finishing ahead of Vancouver in the standings, with Van and Calgary rounding out the bottom of the division for years to come.

Vancouver has next to nothing of value coming up in the system to replace their aging and/or jaded stars that want out. FA crop is extremely weak this year, and the best ones available are not going to want any part of that dysfunctional gong-show. Gilles has already repeatedly demonstrated that he is completely incompetent in the art of trading. Stick a fork in 'em, the Nucks are not contenders anytime soon.
    Well, there is a reason I rarely have Canucks on my fantasy team.

I am very high on the Canucks goalies. Lack, Eriksson and Markstrom all have a relatively decent chance at being an above-average starter in two years.
    Kesler will be gone, and hopefully a few other players. The Sedin's will likely be down to 50-60 points a year, but at least some of our prospects should pan out and help there. We have defensemen depth in the system that will give us a good (on paper) top four for a few years to come still.

I'm going to stop now before my rosy glasses shatter irreparably.

Oh ya, guess who could possibly be a hockey operations intern for the Canucks next year?
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Well, I guess he wanted to see how DGB's assertion would be.

[/FONT][/B]
    Haha, that article definitely did inspire my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Oh I totally get that, but Messier?

Sheesh, why not kill a baby Orca while your at it!
    That was going to be follow up if the Messier joke failed to get a rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
    I've never understood the hatred expressed by Canuck fans towards Messier???

What's the deal?
    When he came in, it forced Trevor Linden (one of the most beloved Nucks of all time) to give up his captaincy to Messier, which in part led to Linden being traded. They also gave him his number 11 which had been unofficially retired for a long time in Vancouver. They never made the playoffs under Messier and bought him out 3 years later.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

When he came in, it forced Trevor Linden (one of the most beloved Nucks of all time) to give up his captaincy to Messier, which in part led to Linden being traded. They also gave him his number 11 which had been unofficially retired for a long time in Vancouver. They never made the playoffs under Messier and bought him out 3 years later.
    Don't forget that the number 11 was unofficially retired in honour of a former player who had died of brain cancer at the age of 29...

There is also the fact that Messier took big money to come to Vancouver after 16 straight years of point per game (at least) play and in three years in Van never really got above 0.8 points per game. It was like bidding a huge amount for a night of passion with Gisele only to end up having to watch her polish Tom Brady's Superbowl rings while wearing a parka.
    /S

Victoria DH

Banned

When he came in, it forced Trevor Linden (one of the most beloved Nucks of all time)
    not just by Nucks fans either, anyone who ever watched Linden play was a huge fan....great player and a great person to match

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    not just by Nucks fans either, anyone who ever watched Linden play was a huge fan....great player and a great person to match
    Ditto. I've never liked the Nucks, but always liked and respected Linden.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon