Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver......wow

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vancouver......wow

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I meant in both short and long-term sense.....the Canucks went from perennial powerhouse to dysfunctional soap opera, with the GM running the franchise into the ground in a very short time span. The Oilers just go from bad to terrible every year, haha......we haven't been a powerhouse since the late 80's
    LOL, I miss those Oilers days...............

I thought everyone was being a bit harsh with Gillis - but after tonight his risk of anointing Lack as the Man looks terrible.

Torts presser is priceless "I've never been in a game like that"

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    LOL, I miss those Oilers days...............

I thought everyone was being a bit harsh with Gillis - but after tonight his risk of anointing Lack as the Man looks terrible.

Torts presser is priceless "I've never been in a game like that"

I'm just wondering if it occurred to Torts to change his f*cking goalie after watching 3 goals in 3 minutes, or after the 4th 2 minutes later...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

The Great One

What are Lack's numbers as a starter? Loch?

I haven't seen any Nucks games since the Lou trade. Just wondering if Lack should take some blame here.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    What are Lack's numbers as a starter? Loch?

I haven't seen any Nucks games since the Lou trade. Just wondering if Lack should take some blame here.
    He's been up and down... but I wouldn't lump the blame on him.

In 4 of his past 7 starts he's given up 1 goal or less in regulation... and he's .500 in those games (plus a Bettman point) and 0 for 3 if he gives up more than one.

There's been two debacles... the Stars game and this one against the Isles. In between he was solid against the Flames.
    The Winter Classic was an iffy outing too... but the Luongo/crowd situation may have got to him.

Honestly I wonder if it is pressure and/or fatigue. Dude has started all of 25 NHL games (in his life), and 7 of them were in the past 13 days.

Long run I think he'll be okay, but Torts has gotta stop leaving him in when he clearly is rocked. Getting pulled after 3 or 4 can't be any more damaging than staying in for 6, can it?
    Too soon to have made him a starter, but it is not his fault that Gillis is a tool.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

What nothing from Strombone
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Stud

Seriously though. I feel for Lack. He's only in his fourth season of playing in North America. Look how long Schnieder had to wait before playing regular for the Canucks and then they throw this kid into this gong show as starter after 25 games.
    I hope they don't ruin him.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Deity

The Vancouver Canucks.... the Greatest Gong Show on Ice!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I stand by my statement that going to Florida is not a downgrade for Luongo.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post

There's been two debacles... the Stars game and this one against the Isles. In between he was solid against the Flames.
    The Winter Classic was an iffy outing too... but the Luongo/crowd situation may have got to him.
    https://screen.yahoo.com/nhl/brian-m...055023140.html

Solid if you like memories of Cloutier vs Detroit...
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Banned

I liken Vancouver's current free-fall much like what we saw with the Caps a few years ago where they struggled after several years of excellence...it feels very much the same, you get the feeling that the players have no confidence in the front office or the coaching staff, they are demoralized and disinterested, and you'll never get a team to play well in that kind of scenario. The Nucks have plenty of pieces to put this back together though, they just need to get rid of Torts (worst idea ever) and ultimately Gillis and they can probably salvage the franchise and rebuild into a strong team in a few years...otherwise they'll continue down the spiral

Dobber Sports Master

Gillis should have been ballsy and smart enough to stand up to Aquilini who picked Tortorella to replace Vigneault. How does a room used to Vigneault deal with a guy like Torts? Come on....

Fire Gillis, Fire Torts and if only you could, fire Aquilini lol before it's too late. Tortorella is killing this team. Lu is loving this. How does such a powerhouse, playoff and all (one win away from the Cup) go to such a doormat..? Tortorella and Gillis, that's how. Terrible GM. Worse coach.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    How does a room used to Vigneault deal with a guy like Torts? Come on....
    This implies that you know what each guy is actually like as a coach. I don't think it's fair to base statements like this on what we see from the media, unless of course you've played for both of them...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Will be interesting to see if the Sedins are traded and if so where they end up
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    This implies that you know what each guy is actually like as a coach. I don't think it's fair to base statements like this on what we see from the media, unless of course you've played for both of them...
    I'm pretty sure after a whackload of anecdotal evidence from the players that played for him and the way he's worn out his welcome with the cities he coached in, I think it's fair to state what I did. At minimum, you have to agree that Vigneault and Tortorella, being outstandingly different personalities, cannot divest themselves completely of such when in the room with the players. i.e., how can one say that Tortorella is a kind, compassionate and mild-mannered, soft-spoken man in the room, but is Torts with pretty well everyone else?.. I'm pretty sure Lundqvist and the gang in NYR didn't throw him a going away party when he left (and sure as hell threw one after he did).

No, I am not an NHL player. I have not played for either coach. I never will. But I have observed and read and have drawn conclusions from this that I believe while likely not 100% accurate, are rather closer to the truth than further from it.

Tortorella was not the fit for this team and the proof is in the pudding... Gillis ain't making things better and I don't know what conversations took place between he and Aquilini... but if Aquilini told me to fire my coach and hire Torts, I'd warn him about what he was about to do.

Or am I wrong and things are just peachy there in VAN and no one has asked to be traded from this once contender and they are leading the division and playing seamless hockey...?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I'm pretty sure after a whackload of anecdotal evidence from the players that played for him and the way he's worn out his welcome with the cities he coached in, I think it's fair to state what I did. At minimum, you have to agree that Vigneault and Tortorella, being outstandingly different personalities, cannot divest themselves completely of such when in the room with the players. i.e., how can one say that Tortorella is a kind, compassionate and mild-mannered, soft-spoken man in the room, but is Torts with pretty well everyone else?.. I'm pretty sure Lundqvist and the gang in NYR didn't throw him a going away party when he left (and sure as hell threw one after he did).

No, I am not an NHL player. I have not played for either coach. I never will. But I have observed and read and have drawn conclusions from this that I believe while likely not 100% accurate, are rather closer to the truth than further from it.

Tortorella was not the fit for this team and the proof is in the pudding... Gillis ain't making things better and I don't know what conversations took place between he and Aquilini... but if Aquilini told me to fire my coach and hire Torts, I'd warn him about what he was about to do.

Or am I wrong and things are just peachy there in VAN and no one has asked to be traded from this once contender and they are leading the division and playing seamless hockey...?
    hear hear! Well said sir, I think most long time hockey fans would agree with that sentiment...we've seen Torts now for how long? Sure the hotheaded interview blowups were funny at first, even refreshing, but after the first few it became pretty obvious that he was just hamming it up to satisfy his own ego and image as a hardass. That's gone on way too long now, he's to the point where he FULLY believes his own bullshit, the problem is that the players don't buy it AT ALL.