Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver......wow

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vancouver......wow

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    An experienced backup like Luongo could have helped settle him down after the goal.
    LOL - And rest assured, Clemmenson will be the franchise's undisputed #1 starter for the first time in his career starting next week.

Banned

FWIW, last night Don Cherry said the exact same thing as I did. Smart minds think alike.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    FWIW, last night Don Cherry said the exact same thing as I did. Smart minds think alike.
    I don't think Don Cherry's opinion adds weight to anyone's argument about anything....usually quite the opposite. I find Cherry entertaining, but he's of the old "hockey players should act like robots and spout nothing but cliches" school of thought which is WAY out of touch in the modern age of social media. The NHL has always been accused of not marketing it's stars enough, and for coverage and interviews with players being bland. As soon as any player says anything remotely interesting that shows an ounce of personality all the bleeding hearts get up in arms. The guy endured an extremely trying situation and the ham-handed unprofessional way the Canucks dealt with their goaltenders with nothing but class. The guy sends out one harmless and funny tweet after he finally gets moved, and the bitter folks start to crucify him.

It's already been said, but some of the miserable jaded hockey fans in here need to lighten the hell up!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I don't think Don Cherry's opinion adds weight to anyone's argument about anything....usually quite the opposite. I find Cherry entertaining, but he's of the old "hockey players should act like robots and spout nothing but cliches" school of thought which is WAY out of touch in the modern age of social media. The NHL has always been accused of not marketing it's stars enough, and for coverage and interviews with players being bland. As soon as any player says anything remotely interesting that shows an ounce of personality all the bleeding hearts get up in arms. The guy endured an extremely trying situation and the ham-handed unprofessional way the Canucks dealt with their goaltenders with nothing but class. The guy sends out one harmless and funny tweet after he finally gets moved, and the bitter folks start to crucify him.

It's already been said, but some of the miserable jaded hockey fans in here need to lighten the hell up!
    I don't think you understand what is being talked about? not one tweet being sent out after he was moved, 2-3 tweets the day after, while he was watching the Canucks game, making fun of them for being shelled. That's not personality, that's classlessness.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't think you understand what is being talked about? not one tweet being sent out after he was moved, 2-3 tweets the day after, while he was watching the Canucks game, making fun of them for being shelled. That's not personality, that's classlessness.
    Says you. He was a pro during all the turmoil and obviously has a strong dislike for the Canucks organization as a result.....he is not longer a member of that team, and can now voice his opinion any way he feels like it. He doesn't owe them anything and if wants to send a couple of tweets chirping them and poking fun, who cares? Plenty of athletes in other sports chirp other rival franchises and relish in their failures and it's no big deal, shouldn't be here either. I'm all for interesting and honesty over boring and bland.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wish we could have Big Ev and Cherry together on a web cast spouting their opinions, for real. It would be entertaining...........and for the record this is meant as a compliment to both.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Your beer league team is on a lousy 9 game losing streak. A team-mate leaves and goes to another team because he likes their post-game dressing room beer better.

Your team is stinking up the place again in your next game. Your former team-mate takes to twitter and chirps your team with several disparaging remarks about your team.

Yep humourous, harmless, funny, tasteful...
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can't work out this thread. If this is serious then I shall just back away slowly and go look at a spreadsheet of TOI or something. It would be less strange.
    Fantrax 20 Team H2H 14 Keeper Daily
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP SHP Hit Blk FOW W GAA SV SV% SHO

C Steen Horcoff Umberger Brodziak Griffith
    LW Sedin Palat Roussel Tatar Bergenheim Kulemin
    RW Vey Williams Stafford Toffoli Wingels
    D Karlsson Suban Maata Ceci Yandle Streit Hunwick
    G Crawford, Allen, Nabakov

IR Boyle Murray Pirri Chara Merrill

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Your beer league team is on a lousy 9 game losing streak. A team-mate leaves and goes to another team because he likes their post-game dressing room beer better.

Your team is stinking up the place again in your next game. Your former team-mate takes to twitter and chirps your team with several disparaging remarks about your team.

You forgot to add that the teammate that left was recently benched and had been ''asked to leave'' more than one in the past year.

I still agree that this whole thing was ''humorous, harmless, funny, tasteful''. Why is this making headlines anyways?!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    You forgot to add that the teammate that left was recently benched and had been ''asked to leave'' more than one in the past year.
    Not to mention being told he wasn't quite good enough, and another guy was better.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Not to mention being told he wasn't quite good enough, and another guy was better.
    That applies everyone in the world except for 30 people
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post

well said sir...if you honestly find this offensive or classless you are delusional

Dobber Sports Wizard

If he left for better beer, his chirping is justified.

Signed,

MolsonX

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    If he left for better beer, his chirping is justified.

Signed,

MolsonX
    Yep. I heard he was a Molson man
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yep. I heard he was a Molson man
    Zing!

Looks like the lowly Isles may have awoke Vancouver from their offensive slumber. There's even been a Sedin sighting!