Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver......wow

Administrator

Default Re: Vancouver......wow

Luongo's tweets are meant to insult gullible people.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

An incredible amount of overthinking (regarding Luongo) in this thread lol

Almost every NHL player is a cocky POS deep down, theyve just been programmed to cover it up and spit out cliches. Seeing their real character should not be a negative as it will never be as bad as players in the NBA/NFL. Everything Luongo says is either meant to be dry humor, confidence or both. Being a dick/a-hole/etc isnt a deep-rooted singular issue, practically all professional athletes are like that
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wow, there are some sensitive Sally's in here that obviously don't like when a player actually shows a little personality. Lou was treated like garbage for years in Vancouver, he is well within his rights to send out a couple of funny and harmless tweets. Most athletes that had been through the same would have stepped in front a mic and absolutely ripped the franchise that has screwed him around for years. Instead he made a harmless (not disrespectful) and funny tweet and people are all up in arms about it. Get a grip people! Personally I find this sort of thing refreshing, hockey players should be able to show their human side instead of just spitting out mindless chliches all the time.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Banned

Yeah he was treated like garbage getting that massive deal, captaincy, etc. etc. etc. Just because he played like crap and lost his job to a rookie means he was treated like garbage?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    An incredible amount of overthinking (regarding Luongo) in this thread lol

Almost every NHL player is a cocky POS deep down, theyve just been programmed to cover it up and spit out cliches. Seeing their real character should not be a negative as it will never be as bad as players in the NBA/NFL. Everything Luongo says is either meant to be dry humor, confidence or both. Being a dick/a-hole/etc isnt a deep-rooted singular issue, practically all professional athletes are like that
    Wow, didn't know you could read minds.

Sure most people who make it to the highest level of any career have an ego, it's probably part of what helped them excel to a certain degree.
    But there is a big difference between having an ego and being an "egotist" which from this definition I consider Luongo-

e·go·tist-
    noun: egotist;

1. a person who is excessively conceited or self-absorbed; self-seeker.
    "he is a self-absorbed egotist"
    synonyms: self-seeker, egocentric, egomaniac, narcissist;

And I'm not basing my opinion on Luongo's latest tweet. I actually enjoyed most of his previous tweets. They were harmless and mostly comical.
    I am basing my opinion on watching and listening to him for years. Maybe you have not watched him as long as I have, I don't know.

You say seeing their real character should not be a negative, but to what extent would you take that. Are you saying that nothing a hockey player does or says will ever offend you or make you look at them negatively as long as it's their "real character".

It saddens me that people have such low standards for the hockey players they look up to. I have a hard time picturing Jonathan Toews or Teemu Selanne or Nic Lidstrom saying the things that Luongo has said past and present. I guess I just prefer my hockey players to have more class.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    How is that a double standard when the two situations are NOTHING alike? How do you not see the difference between a player talking about another player in a series, and a guy bashing his ex-team through social media? A team who the Panthers have nothing to do with right now?

If you can't see the difference then I can't be a part of this conversation.

How many players have bashed their ex-team right after being traded? How many players are watching their ex-team to begin with?
    Um well Konopka was fined for his comments during an interview so no I don't really see the difference beyond the fact that

1) Luongos comments were in good humor and not mean spirited, and

2)Konopka being a Senator is beyond all reproach in the magical world of Ev

Banned

As usual, you lack basic comprehension of most things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Huh? What does age have to do with this? It's funny because Luongo looks like the young, immature person here. So it's bad for me to say these things, yet it's okay for an older person like mcgoo for example to insult people and call them morons? Or for other people to trash Marty St. Louis?

Look I don't care but I bet you the Canucks don't want an ex-player publicly bashing their team just after being dealt, even if they deserve it.

It wasn't too long ago that Luongo was considered a dick by most people.
    I personally agree with Ev. While sure, Vancouver has royally screwed up this team, to me Luongo does kinda seem like an immature jerk.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Luongo was definitely making the comments to give the gears to the Canucks. My guess is it was mainly directed at the coaching staff and management - and I think he will regret saying it when he realizes it was a real shot at his former teammates as well.

When you look at how the past two years were handled - especially the Heritage Classic benching to ice the cake, I'm sure he feels his comments were justified. My guess is the locker room was probably divided on those thinking Luongo was getting screwed over and those who probably grew tired of his jokes after awhile.

I agree with Ev to a point - in the end he really was bashing his former team while they were getting their jocks handed to them by Seguin, Benn & company.

I doubt his comments did anything positive for his rapport and friendships with former teammates.

Banned

Jesus Christ people you need to lighten the **** up, the guy went thru a tough time and is simply trying to have a little fun with the situation, you really need to get a little perspective already

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's backing it up right now...............a shutout and now half way through their game against Boston - 90 straight shut out minutes and counting in Florida.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    He's backing it up right now...............a shutout and now half way through their game against Boston - 90 straight shut out minutes and counting in Florida.
    Aaaaaaaand, shutout streak broken. It's my fault ^^^^^^ jinxed it.........

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Jesus Christ people you need to lighten the **** up, the guy went thru a tough time and is simply trying to have a little fun with the situation, you really need to get a little perspective already
    haha yeah, seriously. could you imagine if a nhl player did anything remotely close to richard sherman's rant after the nfc championship? haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYuwWCqmeU
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Can we talk a bit about that stinker lack let in from center ice?
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    Can we talk a bit about that stinker lack let in from center ice?
    An experienced backup like Luongo could have helped settle him down after the goal.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust