Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver......wow

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Vancouver......wow

The Canucks have mismanaged everything since their run to the Cup finals.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'll also say, how funny it is watching the Vancouver Canucks hockey players saying on TSN how embarrassing it is for their fans and how they have hit rock bottom. Welcome to the wonderful world of being an Edmonton Oilers fan to all Canuck lovers on here.
    Yeah well at least we aren't stuck watching our offensively dynamic high draft picks play night in and night out... ~sigh~
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    Lol, you think Luongo gives a shit about a $2,500 max fine?

The league needs more guys like him who actually have a personality and less mindless robots who always say the right thing. Love Luongo.
    So you mean not like this?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOAZi0gpEc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He said nothing derogatory in any of his tweets so I doubt there is any worries there.

Personally if anyone has the right to say something bad about the Canucks, its probably Lou. He's been nothing but a class act through out that whole ordeal, from the fans right up to the GM.

I'll also say, how funny it is watching the Vancouver Canucks hockey players saying on TSN how embarrassing it is for their fans and how they have hit rock bottom. Welcome to the wonderful world of being an Edmonton Oilers fan to all Canuck lovers on here.
    It's still a guy making fun of another team, a team he is not on, through social media. Disrespectful on his part and it would be best for him to just play in Florida and not even talk about the Canucks.

This isn't about personality or robots. I bet Dale Tallon shuts him up.

Dobber Sports Guru

Big Ev how could you be this curmudgeonly so young?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    Big Ev how could you be this curmudgeonly so young?
    Huh? What does age have to do with this? It's funny because Luongo looks like the young, immature person here. So it's bad for me to say these things, yet it's okay for an older person like mcgoo for example to insult people and call them morons? Or for other people to trash Marty St. Louis?

Look I don't care but I bet you the Canucks don't want an ex-player publicly bashing their team just after being dealt, even if they deserve it.

It wasn't too long ago that Luongo was considered a dick by most people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    So it's bad for me to say these things, yet it's okay for an older person like mcgoo for example to insult people and call them morons? Or for other people to trash Marty St. Louis?

Look I don't care but I bet you the Canucks don't want an ex-player publicly bashing their team just after being dealt, even if they deserve it.

It wasn't too long ago that Luongo was considered a dick by most people.
    Uh huh, i seem to recall you standing up for Konopka a couple of years ago when he was fined for badmouthing Boyle in the playoffs...I can't imagine why you would have such a double standard

Banned

How is that a double standard when the two situations are NOTHING alike? How do you not see the difference between a player talking about another player in a series, and a guy bashing his ex-team through social media? A team who the Panthers have nothing to do with right now?

If you can't see the difference then I can't be a part of this conversation.

How many players have bashed their ex-team right after being traded? How many players are watching their ex-team to begin with?

Dobber Sports Superstar

It is funny, but someone probably needs to remind Bobby Lu that he was traded to the Panthers and not to the Blackhawks.

I expect he's going to have his share of nights that he's going to want to forget, and probably sooner than later.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm alright with Luongo tweeting his thoughts. Why should he stay muzzled? To stay classy? The way the Canucks handled his situation, I'll cut Bobby Lu a little slack...and it's entertaining and gives us something to talk about.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    It is funny, but someone probably needs to remind Bobby Lu that he was traded to the Panthers and not to the Blackhawks.

I expect he's going to have his share of nights that he's going to want to forget, and probably sooner than later.
    I don't think this will make a difference. His tweets weren't antagonizing. They were, as usual, funny and semi-self-deprecating. Nothing wrong with them at all.
    I find them endearing.

Lack and him seem to be buds. I don't think that changes immediately.

A year from now, these tweets might be received differently, but right now, they are simply Lu being Lu.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Lu being Lu is right. I remember right after the Vancouver Olympics hearing him say "I'm glad I could win a gold medal for Canada."

Huh? Last time I looked it is a team sport and Lu certainly was not a standout. He played okay but not spectacular. He has a very high opinion of himself.

Now I have to admit that I did gain respect for him by how he handled the whole Schnieder situation and has certainly showed class in that situation.

But then he just couldn't keep his ego in check any longer. In his first press conference after being traded back to Florida on Wed. he was asked if he thought he would have been able to get along with Timmy Thomas. His answer? I always get along with my "backups". Then you could see him quickly realize what he just said and added something to the effect of "or the other goalie if I'm the backup".

I see that as the true Lu coming out. I just don't think any player around the league appreciates a guy taking pot-shots at a team he just left. Sure Vancouver is a gongshow but nothing like kicking a team when they're down. I'd love to hear how his former teammates felt about his comments.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd love to see Luongo get absolutely trashed in his first start. Would love it even more if Markstrom shines in his first "start" as a Canuck. Hoping blindly for poetic justice? Yep ...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Uh huh, i seem to recall you standing up for Konopka a couple of years ago when he was fined for badmouthing Boyle in the playoffs...I can't imagine why you would have such a double standard
    For an old guy you have a pretty good memory.

Dobber Sports Pro

I understand that Vancouver fans are upset and I know that this tweet was likely a bit of salt in the wounds but I do not think Luongo has been the "bad guy" or has an ego problem. Actually he was a model citizen in a horrible situation.

Once the incompetence lead to a move, the hockey world was awaiting his opinion. Rtaher than trashing Gillis and Vancouver he once again handled himself admirabley.

This tweet is nothing but a bit of levity. The Thomas comment was likely a shot at Thomas based on their history.

I actually think that most of his former teammates were more upset that he was not in their net than the fact he tweeted this comment.