Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Stamkos will never produce as much without St. Louis.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Calling it now. Stamkos will never produce as much without St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Stamkos will be just fine.

I've been telling anyone who would listen that Stamkos played almost half a season without MSL on his line a couple of years ago and he was playing above PPG the entire time with scrubs like Malone, Purcell, etc.
    This is true my friend but that bet he offered is still a good one for me if he intends to take it.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Default Re: Calling it now. Stamkos will never produce as much without St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Stamkos will be just fine.

I've been telling anyone who would listen that Stamkos played almost half a season without MSL on his line a couple of years ago and he was playing above PPG the entire time with scrubs like Malone, Purcell, etc.
    I disagree. In fact, Stamkos owners should trade him now.

...preferably to me.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I'll take that bet for any amount you want. We can put the money in trust with Dobber if he agrees. Safest place I can think of as he is not going to risk his rep.
    Awesome! Let's say $50. I'll let you arrange the trust. Note that it has to be over 82 reg season games starting next year... So if he misses time next season, those games will be made up the following. Cool?
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Awesome! Let's say $50. I'll let you arrange the trust. Note that it has to be over 82 reg season games starting next year... So if he misses time next season, those games will be made up the following. Cool?
    Can I get into this betting pool? I know, I know... Steven Stamkos is overhyped and he was only as good as Marty St.Louis made him to be. Now that MSL is gone, Stinkos will be a 60 point player at best.

I'm feeling generous though, so I will be IN FAVOR of Stamkos producing similar if not better outputs now that Marty is gone. Sounds crazy right? I mean, the guy can't possibly still be as good coming back from a broken leg and playing without the best player on the planet; Martin St.Louis!? Basically, Stamkos is doomed... should have been drafted 101st overall, not 1st! Just for the record, I am not a SS91 lover... I just like playing the SLIM odds and that is the ONLY reason that I am betting that he will be lucky enough to get sufficient garbage goals and secondary assists to reach his past levels.

Oh my... what a risky bet on my part!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Stammer will be fine. The past production of St-Louis will be done by a groupe of players (Drouin, Johnson, Palat, etc). But at the end, the guy who put the puck in the net is and will always be Stamkos.

I hope he will be a top5 (points) for years to come with Drouin (I own both of them)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKessel View Post
    I hope he will be a top5 (points) for years to come with Drouin (I own both of them)
    He will be. I don't think you need to worry there.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Sorry I checked for you response a couple times and most have missed it, your on. Awesome I will see if Dobber will help us out with our bet. If not I will seek out one of the other regulars around here. You know guys with 1000's of post and good rep's who I'm sure wiwouldn't jeopardize that for $100. I will send you a P.M when I have the details. Just to confirm the line is 99.5 over starting the 1st game of next year.

Dobber will you help us out?

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Can I get into this betting pool? I know, I know... Steven Stamkos is overhyped and he was only as good as Marty St.Louis made him to be. Now that MSL is gone, Stinkos will be a 60 point player at best.

I'm feeling generous though, so I will be IN FAVOR of Stamkos producing similar if not better outputs now that Marty is gone. Sounds crazy right? I mean, the guy can't possibly still be as good coming back from a broken leg and playing without the best player on the planet; Martin St.Louis!? Basically, Stamkos is doomed... should have been drafted 101st overall, not 1st! Just for the record, I am not a SS91 lover... I just like playing the SLIM odds and that is the ONLY reason that I am betting that he will be lucky enough to get sufficient garbage goals and secondary assists to reach his past levels.

Oh my... what a risky bet on my part!
    I would be happy to take your money on this bet as well if you want. I don't see what your rambling about sarcastically. I'm not betting that he will even regress. I'm betting he won't have his career best year after losing one of the best 3 playmakers in the game. Seems like a perfectly reasonable bet to me. I even have a plan for it too. Which I'm sure some of the more experienced gamblers will realize. Only Crosby will break that mark this year and it's not like he is even going to crush it

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Giant

I would be happy to take your money on this bet as well if you want. I don't see what your rambling about sarcastically. I'm not betting that he will even regress. I'm betting he won't have his career best year after losing one of the best 3 playmakers in the game. Seems like a perfectly reasonable bet to me.
    Wait, what's the bet? I must have missed a part... Isn't this thread about Stamkos not being as good now that MSL is gone? And aren't you betting that he will be nonetheless?

EDIT: Ok I just saw his 99.5 mark. So you're saying he WON'T beat that number in 82 games next year?

I even have a plan for it too. Which I'm sure some of the more experienced gamblers will realize.
    Lol you gonna go Tonya Harding on his @$$ in the final stretch if he's a couple of points away??
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Drouin will replace the big baby next season and turn out to be far better.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    Obviously a small sample, but in his games without St. Louis he struggled. Still a fantastic player and great two-way player too, but I bet he caps out at 90, if that. 80-85 range for sure (small possibility of becoming injury prone too). Interested to see what everyone thinks, but I stand by the Malkin >>> Stamkos from an earlier thread lol. Dude put up 120 (something like that) in his first season and produced 110+ with Fedotenko and some random Russian lol.
    Do you still stand by that? How long will it take Malkin owners to realize his injury-proneness.

Well, guess what's not better than Stamkos? Having Malkin injured for the next 3 weeks during head to head playoffs. You have fun with that. Meanwhile, us Stamkos owners will be laughing on our way to the bank with his nightly-goals and something like 10 pts in his last 7.

Dobber Sports Padawan

My whole points all along has been, when healthy, Malkin > Stamkos. Obviously the Stamkos is the lower upside/less risk players and has a case for being drafted before by some. Personally, I like the high risk (though I've contemplated trading him) and possibility that him and Crosby have career years and my team dominates lol.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    My whole points all along has been, when healthy, Malkin > Stamkos. Obviously the Stamkos is the lower upside/less risk players and has a case for being drafted before by some. Personally, I like the high risk (though I've contemplated trading him) and possibility that him and Crosby have career years and my team dominates lol.
    And now you are considering trading him for Hall + Buff in a keep 5 because he's, well, injured for playoffs.

Dobber Sports Padawan

yup haha, it's more me really wanting to beat a rival, but I decided not too. The reward is too great to bail now.
    10 Team keeper league
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Crosby, Malkin and Fleury all have a great year, I probably would win. I'll just have to hope for a healthy year sometime soon, some of his injuries have just been bad luck too. Only two years removed from 110+ point season.
    10 Team keeper league
    H2H

Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov