Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Stamkos will never produce as much without St. Louis.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Calling it now. Stamkos will never produce as much without St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    ... You don't score 45 goals in your 2nd NHL season just because of linemates. C'mon ...
    I dunno man, Jonathan Cheechoo (56 in his third year), Scott Bjugstad (43 in his second year) and Warren Young (40 in his second year) might disagree with you

And just for clarity here, Stamkos will be just fine; I just felt like making light of the above comment.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Calling it now. Stamkos will never produce as much without St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    I dunno man, Jonathan Cheechoo (56 in his third year), Scott Bjugstad (43 in his second year) and Warren Young (40 in his second year) might disagree with you

And just for clarity here, Stamkos will be just fine; I just felt like making light of the above comment.
    I mean, sure, it's possible ... but I think the real difference is that Stamkos has continued to be an elite producer since that point, showing that it was no fluke. With Cheechoo and the others ... not so much. Fluke city, my man.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't quite think people understand Stamkos is a generational talent. Sure, he might miss out on a few points without MSL, but once he gets comfortable with new linemates he won't have any problem posting 50+ goals and 90+ points.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He's definitely going to miss MSL on his line, but the difference will be marginal at best. Maybe a couple points over the course of a season if Drouin, Kucherov or even Callahan can't prove to be sufficient. Stamkos will be just fine...

Dobber Sports Monster

Stamkos wasn't on MSL's line when he first got a 60 goal season. He was playing with guys like Purcell and Malone.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

LOL.. I knew a thread like this was going to pop up. It's a great conversation piece, but let's be honest, Stammer will be just fine! I think the young steed named Drouin will be able to help with replacing MSL.

Dobber Sports Pro

So if Stammer's production drops at all, the OP can bring back this thread to illustrate how well he saw it coming.

Why not back it up with data? All you'd need to do is show a split of Stamkos' production with and without St. Louis.

Anyone can play the random guess game.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    So if Stammer's production drops at all, the OP can bring back this thread to illustrate how well he saw it coming.

Why not back it up with data? All you'd need to do is show a split of Stamkos' production with and without St. Louis.

Although, to be fair, you can't use 20 games without MSL and claim that Stamkos relies on him (assuming his production drops). The bigger issue is he has new linemates, which will take a reasonable amount of time to get comfortable with and develop chemistry. The real test will be next year, and I think he will pass with flying colours.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read that Dobber sees Stammer 's upside decrease by 5-10 pts without StLouis.
    Drouin will right the ship , he sees 2-3 options every time he has the puck and he will see the Stamkos options , don't you worry .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post

Honestly, I was just doing it for conversation and to say I was right if it happens lol! But Dobber wrote an interesting post on one of my threads, and he thinks his points will dip 5-10ish without St. Louis. He had good reasoning too. Honestly no one knows haha it could really go either way. The only stats I had was his less than a PPG in games away from St. Louis. It's somewhere on the web, but I'm just starting a fun debate lol
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

The Great One

I'd bet Stamkos continues to develop ad a player and this will ultimately help him. He will learn to do whatever he needs to do to put up points. His game will evolve. He will still put up 90 a year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Risky..............what about the vice versa, will Marty produce as much without stammer...........

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Stamkos wasn't on MSL's line when he first got a 60 goal season. He was playing with guys like Purcell and Malone.
    Amazing that it took until post #20 to point this out. And then it was promptly ignored.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Amazing that it took until post #20 to point this out. And then it was promptly ignored.

But.. but... even Don Cherry said Stamkos was the product of St. Louis. Don Cherry! That guy has never been wrong! About anything! He's a hockey genius!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post

But.. but... even Don Cherry said Stamkos was the product of St. Louis. Don Cherry! That guy has never been wrong! About anything! He's a hockey genius!

Dobber Sports Padawan

We'll see, only time will tell. He had a hell of a season I guess (but so did Cheechoo lol) he'll have to prove he can do it on his own now consistently. Do we know if he was on the PP with St. Louis? It is a possibility a lot of those goals were on the PP with St. Louis.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov