Thread: Ott and Goc

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ott and Goc

These 2 guys were both traded at the deadline. Both went from bad teams to good teams, and now they have been put on the 3rd and 4th lines. Should I get rid of them, or hope that their fantasy value doesnt take a hit because of the better team?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Ott and Goc

I would get rid of Goc, but let's see what Ott can do
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

there is really nothing available at center in my league, trade time I guess.
    12 team points league 18 keepers G, A, , PPP, SOG, HITS, BLOCKS, FOW, W, GA, SV, SV%, SO

C... Bergeron,Toews, Zetterberg, Pavalski, Hanzel, and Dano
    LW..Neal, Abdelkader, Belesky, Teravainen
    RW...Kane, Stone, Stenpniak, Oshie
    D...Josi, Lindholm, Goligoski,Niskanen, Dumba, Chara, Russel
    G...Bob, Pavelec, and Talbot

Administrator

Depends on the categories in your league. They both have value in leagues with a lot of depth and a lot of categories, especially faceoff wins. Whatever fantasy value they had before I don't see them losing much in their new homes. Neither will get any power play time but plus/minus should receive a boost. Otherwise, business as usual.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

sorry, the cats are:G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BLOCKS, FOW, W, GA, SV, SV%, SO
    12 team points league 18 keepers G, A, , PPP, SOG, HITS, BLOCKS, FOW, W, GA, SV, SV%, SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by meathead57 View Post
    sorry, the cats are:G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BLOCKS, FOW, W, GA, SV, SV%, SO
    I have similar settings, Ott is definitely worth a hold in that format....I grabbed him also when the trade went down, Ott is a very useful multi-cat player, expecially when he isn't a massive +/- anchor like he was when he was with Buffalo
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

yeah, he's been great for hits, faceoffs, and penalty minutes. I just hope he gets his minutes in STL.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by meathead57 View Post
    yeah, he's been great for hits, faceoffs, and penalty minutes. I just hope he gets his minutes in STL.
    He'll get a little less, but Hitch loves him from his Dallas days......13-15 minutes should be the norm, more when they get into penalty trouble.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I dropped Charlie Coyle to pick up Ott. It might be a wash. Not sure yet.
    Keeper 10 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, SV%, SO
    Daily: 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, Util
    C: Barzal, Cirelli, Giroux (C/LW), RNH (C/LW), Hintz (C/LW)
    RW: Kakko, Fiala (RW/LW), Oshie, Kucherov
    LW: Donskoi, M Tkachuk (LW/RW), Huberdeau, Vrana
    D: Klingberg, Sergachev, Hedman, Werenski, Makar
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot, Koskinen, Bishop

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdogged View Post
    I dropped Charlie Coyle to pick up Ott. It might be a wash. Not sure yet.
    Me thinks Coyle will be more productive with Koivu back but if Ott has one or two of those nasty games then you'll come out ahead.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yup. All Ott needs to do is drop one of his 8 hit/15 PIM outbursts in the H2H playoffs and he'll get you a couple of categories pretty much on his own. Grabbed an assist last night and his ice time is already creeping up. Without being the +/- liability that he was in Buffalo, he's a great weapon to have in your arsenal come H2H playoffs. I always hated facing teams that rostered the guy.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Ott will be hit or miss. He won't be on the ice as much as he was in Buffalo, but I think Hitch will use him enough for him to be somewhat valuable. Look how Hitch uses Derek Roy.