Thread: First Look Tampa Lines

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default First Look Tampa Lines

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 39m
    Line rushes: Killorn-Stamkos-Purcell; Callahan-Filppula-Kucherov; Palat-Johnson-Malone; Brown-Thompson-Panik
    Just a heads up for all the people I'm sure a curious

Killorn - Stamkos - Purcell
    Callahan - Filppula - Kucherov

Are the lines anyone cares about, although this is downgrade for Palat.

Just a guess at first PP based on these would be

Killorn - Stamkos - Purcell - Hedman

with the last spot going to one of Filppula/Callahan/Kucherov/Johnson and I would guess Filppula or Johnson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: First Look Tampa Lines

Thanks for this. It's possible that Palat and Johnson make some music together on the 3rd line, but there will only be 2nd unit PP time available for these two.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the info!

What are everyones thoughts on these lines?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Sage

I like Killorn on the top line. That is my only thought or care!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Callahan's gonna look good in a Lightning uni, love what Stevie Y is saying about him and that he is going to be aggressive in trying to re-sign him. I'll be watching the game tonight, but think Callahan's is going to mesh really well with Cooper's style and hope he develops some chemistry with Filppula.

I also think we see Callahan playing in front of the net on either the PP1 or PP2 as Yzerman has been raving about him being a player you can use in all situations and on all special teams.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Right from Yzerman: "He kills penalties, he's a great shot blocker, probably most well known for penalty killing, his defensive ability, shot-blocking ability. He's very good in front of the net on the power play"
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Initiate

Callahan is looking for $39m over 6 years. Is Yzerman willing to pay that much to a guy who doesn't really score and can't really stay healthy either? I don't think he's worth $1.5m per more than Filppula.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    Callahan is looking for $39m over 6 years. Is Yzerman willing to pay that much to a guy who doesn't really score and can't really stay healthy either? I don't think he's worth $1.5m per more than Filppula.
    That's $6.5M per. I think Callahan might take $6.25M (or even $6M if the State income taxes are as friendly as I've heard). If Callahan goes to the open market, there will be a bidding war and he might get $7M per for 6 years. That's the nature of the bidness. All you need when you are UFA is one desperate team (I'm looking at you Edmonton...they paid Horcoff a ton based a lot on his intangibles...and potential).

Callahan will be worth what he's worth. The cap is going up, so if you use what one guy signed for in previous years as a comparable, you will only guarantee that you won't be able to sign any of the big UFA's.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket