Thread: Pacioretty shoulder

Administrator

Default Pacioretty shoulder

Just FYI that he left for part of the second period favoring his shoulder after taking a hit. Obviously, he is back out for the third. Just posting it here in case it leads to something else.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Pacioretty shoulder

I'm a Leaf fan so it pains me to say this but I love this guy! I traded for him in the off season in a couple Goal heavy leagues and this guy is exceeding my expectations while being a fing Warrior!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I said it before and I'll say it again: he is not human, he is a piece of iron.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I'm a Leaf fan so it pains me to say this but I love this guy! I traded for him in the off season in a couple Goal heavy leagues and this guy is exceeding my expectations while being a fing Warrior!
    Patches is a monster and gets ZERO respect in my league. He was dropped very early in the season and I almost broke my mouse adding him off of waivers I was so pumped. I am in a league with a bunch of Leafs fans, and I feel like there is a bias towards both American players in general, and Montreal players and I've been able to roster this guy for the last couple of years at a very low cost.

The guy is going to score 40+ goals with huge sog totals and solid contributions in the hits dept. On top of this, he heals 10x faster than the avg human being.....what's not to like? I will definitely be spending a keeper spot on him moving forward.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's becoming a frustrating guy to have on your team. I can see the potential for a 40 goal, 300 shot season, just not sure if it's ever going to come to fruition.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    He's becoming a frustrating guy to have on your team. I can see the potential for a 40 goal, 300 shot season, just not sure if it's ever going to come to fruition.

I've never been frustrated by Max-Pax...he gives a ton of value for a guy that didn't cost a whole lot in most leagues....he's one of the best bargains in fantasy hockey IMO. The fact that he's only owned in 84% of Yahoo leagues is absurd.....who can't use a 40 goal scorer on their team, lol

And he's on pace to crack both of those marks this year, so I'm not sure what you mean by 40 goals and 300 shots never coming to fruition.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I've never been frustrated by Max-Pax...he gives a ton of value for a guy that didn't cost a whole lot in most leagues....he's one of the best bargains in fantasy hockey IMO. The fact that he's only owned in 84% of Yahoo leagues is absurd.....who can't use a 40 goal scorer on their team, lol

And he's on pace to crack both of those marks this year, so I'm not sure what you mean by 40 goals and 300 shots never coming to fruition.
    I feel the same way. Never for a sec this year have I felt frustrated with him. In the one league I got him for 2 round picks and that was from one of the best fantasy G.M's I know. I think that makes your point of him being way undervalued!

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yep. I drafted him in the first year of our keeper league (2 years ago), and he's been one of my most valuable players. Guy is a beast. I'm not even concerned if he gets hurt because he's back within 2 games every time. His combination of shot totals, hits, and points is pretty hard to find at his price. He's Montreal's JVR. In reality, guys like MaxPac and JVR are top 20 most valuable players in leagues that count shots and hits, yet are treated in drafts like 50-70 guys.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. The second I saw him hit waivers in my league I was all over him. The guy always blows away the timetable for his injury, he shoots the puck a ton (loves me some SOG), and is a consistent goalscorer given his low value.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Sage

Wolverine I need you to get 1 point tonight. I'm down a game in my 7 game series and down a half a point with this as the last game. He has Palvelski left I have the IRON MAN. plus he has Neimi in net and GA are minus a half point. Do it for me big guy. Need this win

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pach goes down in pain as a soccer player everytime he gets hit but always comes back ok. I believe he is more hirt in his pride than anything.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Poisons View Post
    Pach goes down in pain as a soccer player everytime he gets hit but always comes back ok. I believe he is more hirt in his pride than anything.
    I don't think he fakes his pain or injuries, if that is what you are insinuating. All I know is that he is a magnet for freak injuries but always manages to come back wayyyyy faster than most players would.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Wolverine I need you to get 1 point tonight. I'm down a game in my 7 game series and down a half a point with this as the last game. He has Palvelski left I have the IRON MAN. plus he has Neimi in net and GA are minus a half point. Do it for me big guy. Need this win
    I have heard this before and wonder about the back story... Why do people call him Wolverine?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post

For sure, a ton of value. And you're right he's on pace to break those totals. By frustrated, I just mean we're yet to see those numbers over a healthy 75 plus games. Seems to get dinged up with a lot of seemingly random injuries, hoping it's just bad luck.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK