Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Drouin Worries?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Drouin Worries?

Apparently his points per game are very similar to what they were last year (just above 2.0). I really wouldn't be worried about him. And now with MSL gone there will be more room in the top 6 and on PP1. He might not be MacKinnon this year, but still a nice piece
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am going to share with you my own personal opinion on Drouin as I have been to quite a few Moose games this year and seen him first hand both this year and last.

First off, he is not playing with the same passion he has last year. Its almost like he is ticked off that he was sent back to Jr. Hes probably ticked that MacKinnon stuck and he got sent back as those two were like peanut butter and jelly last year. They drove to and from the rink together and were inseparable off the ice. Now I am not saying Mac doesnt belong there and I am also not saying that this is the exact reason for his play this year but he doesnt look as passionate this year. Its like hes just there spinning his wheels. He appears lazy until the puck hits his stick and then he's electric. He's coasting a lot, looking for his spots and when he gets the puck he's gone. No one can touch him. The other thing I dont like about his game this year is he seems to stay on the ice too long. His shifts are too long. Now thats a coaching thing but its nothing for him to play the point the whole 2minutes of any given PP.

He is easily the best player on the ice most nights and one of the laziest as well. He's jeckyl and hyde with and without the puck.

As far as worries go, I wouldnt worry about him one bit. He's been playing center all season so its a new position for him but thats no excuse for the laziness I witness most nights. Hes still just as electric this year as he was last.

95 points in 42 games; I dont know where your worries lie when it comes to offense. its his mental game that I worry about for the Mooseheads. Something I am sure will get straightened out pretty quick by the Lightning next season. He will be there next year. Book it.
    Hmmm, thanks for that analysis man, that's invaluable

And I gotta say, it concerns me more than anything else that has transired or been said about him since his draft season. The concern with this is that once a player starts playing with this attitude (selfish play, coasting, disinterest, etc) it can easily become a pattern of behavior that becomes increasingly second nature...and more importantly, one which translates VERY poorly to the NHL. How often have we seen ridiculously talented prospects enter the league and try to play like this? It never works out well, they don't earn the respect of their teammates or coaches and that leads to being scratched and limited ice time, which makes them frustrated and turns into a vicious cycle. Hopefully he can snap out of it and get back to the right attitude.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Hmmm, thanks for that analysis man, that's invaluable

And I gotta say, it concerns me more than anything else that has transired or been said about him since his draft season. The concern with this is that once a player starts playing with this attitude (selfish play, coasting, disinterest, etc) it can easily become a pattern of behavior that becomes increasingly second nature...and more importantly, one which translates VERY poorly to the NHL. How often have we seen ridiculously talented prospects enter the league and try to play like this? It never works out well, they don't earn the respect of their teammates or coaches and that leads to being scratched and limited ice time, which makes them frustrated and turns into a vicious cycle. Hopefully he can snap out of it and get back to the right attitude.

Well, he did get sent back to juniors. It's not as if he's doing this in the AHL or something.

Sending him back to juniors may or may not have been the best move for him. I seem to remember that some thought at the time it was pointless to send him back to juniors. Clearly Tampa has a glut of young forwards, so it was the best move for the team. Doesn't necessarily mean that it was the best move for him, though.

He may just feel (rightly) that he's spinning his wheels there. Watching NateMac excel probably isn't helping the situation.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

how about 7 pts last night in 8-6 win!!

1 goal and 6 assists !!!!!!!!!!

19 pts in his last 5 games.... oh.. and without MacKinnon.

Pretty good !
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

The Great One

Finished the reg season with 108 in 46. A 2.35 points per game pace. Last year he had 2.14 ppg.

Dobber Sports Deity

Imagine how many points he would be putting up if not for little injuries and interruptions like the WJC.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

A full 68 game season would see him with 160 points if he were to keep up his pace.

Banned

Still an elite offensive prospect...

but he won't repeat as the CHL player of the year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    A full 68 game season would see him with 160 points if he were to keep up his pace.
    Like Sid !!!!!! OMG !!!!!
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Still an elite offensive prospect...

but he won't repeat as the CHL player of the year.
    I'm sure he is pissed about that...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I'm sure he is pissed about that...
    Shut up Ev...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

man what kind of numbers did you expect him to score? Honestly I thought his production would go down this year after MacKinnon is no longer in Halifax. What he did this year is amazing. Plus he played unmotivated for much of the year. Finished the year off with 1 goal 6 assists I believe. Drouin is a stud and I've tried my hardest to trade for him in my keeper but with no prevail

Dobber Sports Pro

There's no reason to worry about Drouin. Period.

But Axeman knows his stuff so if you want the 411 on Drouin, re-read his post.

/end thread

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Finished the reg season with 108 in 46. A 2.35 points per game pace. Last year he had 2.14 ppg.
    Ok, and who is worried about Drouin being "unmotivated" and "disinterested"?? I'm not going to sit here and say I watched all of Drouin's game this year, but his stats alone tell me otherwise.. If he scored 2.35 points per game and was either of these things, then I cant wait to see what he's going to do when he actually cares..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    There's no reason to worry about Drouin. Period.

But Axeman knows his stuff so if you want the 411 on Drouin, re-read his post.

/end thread
    Hitman,

Would you say that moving St. Louis indicates that they are planning for Drouin to be with the big club next season?

RETIRED