What a stud.

Do they go back to Fucale for game 5?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Drouin Worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    2g 3a to tie the series at 2.

What a stud.

Do they go back to Fucale for game 5?
    I think Darveau has earned the next start at home. At some point they have to get Fucale back in there though; Darveau wont lead them to the MemCup. I watched both games from Val-d'Or on TV and Fucale really looked shakey up there. Maybe this little break is exactly what he needed to get his head back into it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

If Fucale doesn't start game 5 and they win it will be very hard to get Fucale back in at any point during the playoffs IMO

Dobber Sports Deity

I am sure Darveau is on a short leash but if he keeps winning, why wouldn't you keep running him out there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Fucale back in, gets the win.

Drouin held pointless.

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched the game on TV. Fucale played really good and had a nice bounce back game.

Bibeau has played awesome for the Foreurs all series long too.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ohhhhhhhhhh no, now people are going to have "Drouin Worries" again..

Dobber Sports Stud

If anyone's looking for someone to worry about on the Mooseheads may I suggest Fucale. I thought he was overhyped last draft and I'm even more certain of that now. There is nothing elite about his game and the one thing I did love about the kid, his icy composure, was blown out of the water in back to back 1st period MELTDOWNS this playoffs. I'm talking EPIC meltdowns!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    If anyone's looking for someone to worry about on the Mooseheads may I suggest Fucale. I thought he was overhyped last draft and I'm even more certain of that now. There is nothing elite about his game and the one thing I did love about the kid, his icy composure, was blown out of the water in back to back 1st period MELTDOWNS this playoffs. I'm talking EPIC meltdowns!
    Theres no doubt Fucale had a couple bad periods in there but I am not going to overlook every else he has done the past couple seasons over a couple bad periods. I dont think he was over-hyped at all. He still has a long way to go before the NHL but show me any other Jr goalie out there who doesn't.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't understand why this thread has 6 pages. Drouin scored over 2 PPG this season.....what is there to worry about? He seems a little uninterested in a league that he completely dominates?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Theres no doubt Fucale had a couple bad periods in there but I am not going to overlook every else he has done the past couple seasons over a couple bad periods. I dont think he was over-hyped at all. He still has a long way to go before the NHL but show me any other Jr goalie out there who doesn't.
    I'm not overlooking anything he's done, I've watched him live every step of the way and I've never seen a goalie who should have been in the conversation for the 1st round of last years draft.

I can't show you a Jr goalie who doesn't have a long way to go because there's no such thing but what I can show you are jr goalies with elite SV% and Fucale is not one of them. His win/loss record and GAA average shade the fact that he's an above average Jr goalie, nothing more. Put Bibeau on the Moose last year and he'd have been drafted 3 or 4 rounds higher.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think he's one hell of a Jr goalie and was a huge part of the success last year of the Mooseheads. You don't win the Memorial Cup with an "above average" goalie, no matter how good your offense is. To be honest, I tought Fucale is the only thing that made the Moose D look good, night in and night out. He bailed them out more times then not. Why do you think you haven't seen many Mooseheads Dmen drafted high the past few years?

Banned

There shouldn't be worry but there is room for question marks regarding his nhl potential.

Agreed with horsemen about Fucale.

Dobber Sports Stud

The Moose won last year by completely dominating the puck possession game and pounding a ridiculous number of pucks into the net, I'd say it had little to do with their goaltending and even less to do with their defence. Their offence was one of the best the CHL has seen in quite some time, they scored 24 goals in 5 Mem cup games!! Here's a look at the QMJHL bracket: http://theqmjhl.ca/standings/playoff...son/172http:// they ran over most of the teams they played. Now I know that you know all of this but I find it interesting that we're both watching the same team regularly and coming away with such different impressions. I'm certainly no scout but I'm not alone among Moose fans I've met at the games in thinking Fucale has ridden to prominence on the back of an amazing team. If he was on some middling CHL team most people would still have never heard of him.

For the record, I'm not dumping on the kid as much as pointing out that I think he's overrated. It's not his fault that people are valuing him like a future NHL starter based on the Mooseheads hype and draft position