D-Carlson,Hedman,Pulock,Pionk,
    Klingberg,Addisson,Forsling,Korchinski

G-Hellebuyck,Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=3pts,T=1,SO=2,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

I...am your father.

Default Re: Moulson on his way to Minny?

Terrible fit. And Minny doesn't even need him. Just bad all around.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

He'd be an upgrade over the corpse of Dany Heatley.
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not much of an upgrade over BUF.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Administrator

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 42s
    Moulson and McCormick to MIN
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Unconfrimed for picks and Mitchell.
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Stud

I thought Vanek was supposed to end up in Minny.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    I thought Vanek was supposed to end up in Minny.
    He's expected to sign there as a free agent this summer.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    He's expected to sign there as a free agent this summer.
    Exactly so why not go after him now ( at the trade deadline ) rather than Moulson. Then he'd have time to fit in and you could start persuading him to sign there this summer.

Surely they could have come up with a similar offer to what the Habs gave for Vanek. Garth Snow said today in an interview that he didn't even get a phone call regarding Vanek till after noon ( if you can believe what Garth Snow says )

Another interesting thing Snow said when asked why he acquired Vanek in the first place he said that the NYI knew they weren't going to keep Moulson so they took a gamble on Vanek. When asked why they knew they weren't going to keep Moulson, he said he didn't want to go into it. Big mystery or smoke and mirrors? Something doesn't add up. I thought Moulson and Tavares were tight.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dobber Sports Master

Exactly so why not go after him now ( at the trade deadline ) rather than Moulson. Then he'd have time to fit in and you could start persuading him to sign there this summer.

Surely they could have come up with a similar offer to what the Habs gave for Vanek. Garth Snow said today in an interview that he didn't even get a phone call regarding Vanek till after noon ( if you can believe what Garth Snow says )

Another interesting thing Snow said when asked why he acquired Vanek in the first place he said that the NYI knew they weren't going to keep Moulson so they took a gamble on Vanek. When asked why they knew they weren't going to keep Moulson, he said he didn't want to go into it. Big mystery or smoke and mirrors? Something doesn't add up. I thought Moulson and Tavares were tight.
    This is exactly what I was thinking which to me suggests that Minny doesn't even want Vanek, whether he wants to sign there in the summer or not. A conditional 2nd and a mediocre prospect? Yeah Minnesota would have at minimum matched that if they felt the fit was so easy for Vanek. They must not want him or not want to match his dollar demands. NHL teams know way more than we do and I get the feeling this was the buzz... Which to me suggests Vanek probably just wants to test the market for money and get the max deal from the highest bidder and just go there. Yeah his wife wants Minnesota or whatever, but money talks and 50M or whatever will do the trick. These guys retire at 37+. That's plenty young to move to whatever community after your playing days and live most of your life there.

Moulson was their man from the get-go in MIN I think.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

I think you are right.

Interesting comment on TSN tonight. Snow actually phoned the Habs yesterday afternoon to see if he was interested in Vanek. Apparently the Habs didn't approach NYI but they were one of a few teams who had the cap space to accommodate Vanek's contract. Still it doesn't sound like there was the interest in Vanek that everyone thought.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dobber Sports Master

I think you are right.

Interesting comment on TSN tonight. Snow actually phoned the Habs yesterday afternoon to see if he was interested in Vanek. Apparently the Habs didn't approach NYI but they were one of a few teams who had the cap space to accommodate Vanek's contract. Still it doesn't sound like there was the interest in Vanek that everyone thought.
    Haha VERY interesting comment. It would explain the ridiculously low price (which I told someone yesterday, was eeeeerily similar to what the Habs paid the Rangers for Kovalev and Vanek's numbers and general on-ice reputation is eeeeeeeeerily similar to that of Kovalev's lol).

He might end up staying a Hab, but for once, I would like the Canadiens to pay a power forward with talent who actually gives a damn.. Problem is I think you have to draft those.. as they don't get traded often and almost never hit the UFA market..

Vanek is playing himself off most teams (Austria included) instead of on them. What a bum. I want to trade him from my fantasy team but like Garth Snow, I'm having trouble getting value lol.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I want to trade him from my fantasy team but like Garth Snow, I'm having trouble getting value lol.
    lol, I just traded for Vanek in one of my salary cap limited keeper leagues. I dealt M.Koivu/3rd for Vanek/7th. I needed the $1M difference in cap hit in order to pick up Patrik Elias! Back to Vanek/Min situation, is it possible that the Wild couldn't fit him under the cap this year? With the cap likely going up next year, maybe they can fit him under budget next year (IF he takes the "home-town" discount).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    lol, I just traded for Vanek in one of my salary cap limited keeper leagues. I dealt M.Koivu/3rd for Vanek/7th. I needed the $1M difference in cap hit in order to pick up Patrik Elias! Back to Vanek/Min situation, is it possible that the Wild couldn't fit him under the cap this year? With the cap likely going up next year, maybe they can fit him under budget next year (IF he takes the "home-town" discount).
    Nice trade! Koivu eh... I would use that for inspiration but the guy who has Koivu in my league is my brother and I don't think he's into Vanek, just like me. Twins tend to think alike..

Entirely possible re: the cap space but you would have figured if it was a question of cap space and they wanted him that badly, they'd have moved a piece to get him.. I'd be hard-pressed to believe they would have the same identical roster after this summer anyway (i.e. why not wait until the summer to get him and not drop an asset theory..), even if the cap goes up. You might be right and time will certainly tell..

This is one I'm following closely...
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

The Great One

Cap space boys.

Why move a couple pieces around when you have a shot at getting him for free this offseason....without juggling your roster.