Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobber's 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Chat

Administrator

Default Re: Dobber's 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Chat

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Disagree? Guy took his ball and went home like a whiny little b**** because he felt slighted by not being named to the Olympic team. Turns out when he went he played like a marginal bit player and showed that he deserved to be a guy on the bubble. Supposed to be the captain leading he's team and he request a trade in the middle of the season in the midst of the team performing above their heads after losing Stamkos?

No reason to derail this thread, but he could have waited until the offseason to request a trade. True lack of character, he's a selfish little kid who can't get over his own over-inflated ego. Tampa is better off without him, let's see NK with Stamkos. Stammer will forget all about that little pip-squeak immediately.
    How do you know when he asked for a trade? Seriously, I look at the backlash to St. Louis here and I have to ask who the baby is.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Get your hands on Drouin now. Will be playing with Stamkos next year.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    I like Kucherov, but there are very few players in the league who are going to step in beside Stamkos and hold a candle to what St. Louis did in that spot. Kucherov might be one of those guys some day, but expecting a guy of his age and experience level to fill those shoes right now is unreasonable.
    I know that obviously. Kucherov isn't ready to step up and be a 90-point player. This hurts Marty's fantasy value a lot more than Stammer's though, Stamkos doesn't have to drag his old ass around now. Marty was never the guy driving production of that duo.

Dobber Sports Stud

Apparently Callahan lowered his $ request again before trade and they were close but he wanted a NMC.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Disagree? Guy took his ball and went home like a whiny little b**** because he felt slighted by not being named to the Olympic team. Turns out when he went he played like a marginal bit player and showed that he deserved to be a guy on the bubble. Supposed to be the captain leading he's team and he request a trade in the middle of the season in the midst of the team performing above their heads after losing Stamkos?

No reason to derail this thread, but he could have waited until the offseason to request a trade. True lack of character, he's a selfish little kid who can't get over his own over-inflated ego. Tampa is better off without him, let's see NK with Stamkos. Stammer will forget all about that little pip-squeak immediately.
    Agreed, one of the TSN experts mentioned similar points... Personally I felt he should have been on Canada in the first place, but he should not have taken it as entitlement and then act the way he has with Steve Y...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

I...am your father.

Trade analysis is up on the St.Louis/Callahan deal:
    http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...ed-to-new-york
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    How do you know when he asked for a trade? Seriously, I look at the backlash to St. Louis here and I have to ask who the baby is.
    Doesn't matter when he asked for the trade. He did it in the middle of the season. That's not high character or a good captain. That's been a little b****. Marty showing his true colours. I'm not even a Tampa fan Steve. Doesn't change Marty acted like a spoiled little brat by not waiting for the offseason, regardless of what reason he asked for a trade.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Even if Marty didn't throw a tantrum, the timing of everything gives the perception he wanted moved after the Olympic snub. I think Yzerman got the best return he could have, especially after the report that Marty only wanted to play for the Rangers.

Administrator

Doesn't matter when he asked for the trade. He did it in the middle of the season. That's not high character or a good captain. That's been a little b****. Marty showing his true colours. I'm not even a Tampa fan Steve. Doesn't change Marty acted like a spoiled little brat by not waiting for the offseason, regardless of what reason he asked for a trade.
    Still throwing around accusations without knowing the full story. I think you need to settle it down a bit.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Yes, I disagree. Every captain of every team also has to look out for his own best interests, and doing so does not affect his abilitis as captain. St Louis felt personally slighted and asked for a trade. Is that any different than a captain leaving a team over money - i.e. Callahan?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

I think the Lightning got a great return for Marty. He has maybe one/two years left. Those picks are where the money is and if NYR make it far enough in the playoffs those picks are two 1st rd rounders.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

I...am your father.

What's the over/under on Dobber cracking open his first beer of the day? I'll set it at 11:46 am ET and take the under

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

TRADE!

For the eighth consecutive Trade Deadline - Dobber trades cash in exchange for Pizza

Dobber Sports All-Star

That was just a downright horrible trade for TB. They lose a ppg player with a good cap hit for band-aid boy that is demanding over $6 mil per yr and that 1st rd pick will probably be a low pick in 2015. Just absolutely horrible in my opinion so I'm guessing that TB is officially throwing in the towel for this season. The only way this trade could happen is if MSL strong-armed Yzerman and forced the trade regardless of what team he was going to.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Still throwing around accusations without knowing the full story. I think you need to settle it down a bit.
    And I'll disagree. The accusation is based entirely on the timing of the request, not his reasons. Tampa is second in their division, despite losing their best player for 50+, and the team has banded together to overcome that loss. In the midst of a playoff battle where they have true potential to go deep in the playoffs their captain (who's played there for 12 seasons already) can't wait to request a trade until the offseason in 2 MONTHS. Any way you shake it, he's acting like a 12 year old and the only thing that matters to Marty is Marty's ego. Terrible captain, terrible choice for captain, and he never deserved it. He doesn't care about anything but himself.