Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lou to the Panthers?

Default Re: Lou to the Panthers?

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    uh. from backup to starter - sounds like a value add to me.
    Really? How many wins is he good for? Too soon for him imo...hurts his development long term.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger · 20s
    1 year ago Leafs offered Scrivens and draft pick and asked Canucks to retain $1 mil per year for remainder of his contract. Deal fell apart.
    SMH
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Not sure if this has been posted, but capgeek has Vancouver retaining $800,000 per year for the life of the deal.

Dobber Sports Master

Luongo is going to enjoy it when he retires early. Like he's gonna play that long....

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Edler and the twins have no trade clauses. They may pull a Sundin and not waive it.

Also with no trade clauses: Burrows, Higgins, Bieksa, Garrison and Hamhuis.
    Alright JFJ, you're fooling no one at this point. Take off the whole suit and reveal yourself.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

It's a great move for Lou and fantasy GMs. No doubt
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    What a great deadline.

Best in recent years.
    Heck yeah! This has been awesome.Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Stud

That's awesome!
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Sage

Wish Lou luck. I think Fla will be a better team than Van over the next 5-6 years so good for him. Gilles did better this year than he would have last year. I would still rather Markstrom to Scrivens but it's closed considerably. Still don't understand how a year later he has Lack as his number 1 over those two guys.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    When was marksstrom ever an elite NhL goaltender, and how would he be one now? He's always been overhyped.
    Ev, come on...Of course Markstrom isn't an elite NHL goaltender, but he's no more over-hyped than Robin Lehner. How's he doing on his road to "elite" NHL goalie? I know you are a huge fanboy of Lehner, but Markstrom has represented his country at both the WJHC and WC level. He must be doing something right? Markstrom's 24 years old, let's give him a couple more years before we label him anything. For the record, I like Lehner's upside as well, but will Ottawa declare him the starter next year or will they still have Anderson on the payroll after his contract expires after next season? Let's see in a couple of years how these two Swedish sensations pan out before passing judgement.

The Great One

Gillis turned Luongo and Schnedier into Horvat, Markstrom and Matthias.

He needs to be fired. wow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Ev, come on...Of course Markstrom isn't an elite NHL goaltender, but he's no more over-hyped than Robin Lehner. How's he doing on his road to "elite" NHL goalie? I know you are a huge fanboy of Lehner, but Markstrom has represented his country at both the WJHC and WC level. He must be doing something right? Markstrom's 24 years old, let's give him a couple more years before we label him anything. For the record, I like Lehner's upside as well, but will Ottawa declare him the starter next year or will they still have Anderson on the payroll after his contract expires after next season? Let's see in a couple of years how these two Swedish sensations pan out before passing judgement.
    difference is lehner has had success in North America, including a championship and MVP. Marksstrom has done nothing.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    difference is lehner has had success in North America, including a championship and MVP. Marksstrom has done nothing.
    lol, Cory Conacher has had success in North America, including AHL Rookie of the Year, Leading Scorer and MVP. Does that make him a better player than Kyle Turris? Of course not. Oh, we're talking goalies? Tuukka Rask never had success in North America (his best AHL season was 33-20-4 2.50, 0.915, meh) before becoming one of the NHL's top goalies. Henrik Lundqvist or Pekka Rinne didn't have any "real" (no championships or MVP/Top Goaltender) success in North America before bursting onto the NHL scene. My point is that AHL/North American success is not an indicator of future success.

Some pretty smart hockey minds in Sweden keep choosing Markstrom to represent their country at international events. Until that dries up, I'll continue to see that as a sign that he has potential to be a dominant goalie in the NHL.

Banned

If i were a Nucks fan I'd be congreating outside Gillis' house with the torches, pitchforks and a freshly tied noose right about now. Can someone in Vancouver explain to us how he has a job? This deal in and of itself is actually pretty well negotitated given the circumstances...that is until you recall who created the circumstances in the first place But why oh why would you make this deal AFTER trading Schneider (NHL-ready and one of the most promising young goalies in the league). I just can't wrap my head around this much stupidity and poor planning, Nucks fans should be furious

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    lol, Cory Conacher has had success in North America, including AHL Rookie of the Year, Leading Scorer and MVP. Does that make him a better player than Kyle Turris? Of course not. Oh, we're talking goalies? Tuukka Rask never had success in North America (his best AHL season was 33-20-4 2.50, 0.915, meh) before becoming one of the NHL's top goalies. Henrik Lundqvist or Pekka Rinne didn't have any "real" (no championships or MVP/Top Goaltender) success in North America before bursting onto the NHL scene. My point is that AHL/North American success is not an indicator of future success.

Some pretty smart hockey minds in Sweden keep choosing Markstrom to represent their country at international events. Until that dries up, I'll continue to see that as a sign that he has potential to be a dominant goalie in the NHL.
    Yeah but Lehner has been very good in the NHL, far better than Markstrom. Look up the stats. He's proven far, far, FAR more in North America.

Markstrom has been soured on by everyone. You don't trade a potential dominant goalie for an old bastard with 8 years on his deal. They gave up on him. Lack is the #1 in Vancouver.

The people who thought Markstrom was the #1 goalie prospect were always out to lunch